Drinking green tea the same as taking green tea extract?

Both are good.

I like the extract a bit more because of caffeine. When I was drinking alot of green tea I was consuming too much caffeine and feeling like crap. With the extract, it has less caffeine but the benefits of the other good stuff inside.

I still drink green tea, but not as much of it now that I have the extract caps that I made.

If you have access to the tea drink it. It is really good for you. You should be able to go to a bulk food store and buy green tea bag for real cheap.

Last edited:
Easto said:
You should be able to go to a bulk food store and buy green tea bag for real cheap.
Well that's what I'm saying. I have unlimited access to it at the dining hall @ my school = free supps!

Currently I'm double bagging it twice a day... I usually leave it in there for like 10 mins and try to get as mych out of it as possible. How mych caffeine would be in there you think?

----------
NM I got it from their site: http://www.stashtea.com/caffeine.htm

So if I'm using two bags at a time, thats a max of 60mg caffeine. That's not much compared to pre-workout stims.

Last edited:
I was making a 2L jug with 6 bags in it. I can't tell you the amount of caffeine, but you can probably search around the net and find it somewhere.

My problem is that I drank too much too quick and had a big time jolt and felt like crap. I would have had better results if I drank it from say 7am - 5pm.

Next time!

i believe the extract is the equivalent of multiple cups of the tea. In terms of what, i dunno, maybe ECGC, antioxidants.

I guess you would have to find how much ECGC and antioxidants you get from 1 bag of green tea, then compare that to the amounts in your green tea powder.....

Too complicated for me. I'll drink my green tea once and a while and take some caps when I don't feel like tea.

Easto said:
I guess you would have to find how much ECGC and antioxidants you get from 1 bag of green tea, then compare that to the amounts in your green tea powder.....

Too complicated for me. I'll drink my green tea once and a while and take some caps when I don't feel like tea.
yea, either is fine. I just like the caps because
1. easier
2. quicker
3. doesnt stain teeth
4. more potent to some degree.

I still drink the tea sometimes.

Suareezay said:
yea, either is fine. I just like the caps because
1. easier
2. quicker
3. doesnt stain teeth
4. more potent to some degree.

I still drink the tea sometimes.
Ah, I didn't think about the teeth staining part.. I just chose that cause it's free!

That's great that it's free. But too much of even a good thing can be bad. Some tea, if consumed too frequently in too high doses, can lead to kidney stones. And as Easto said, avoid unnecessary caffeine intake. An average cup of Starbucks has approx 150mg of caf. Green tea much less, perhaps around 30-60mg.

Back