Drinking whey throughout the day

panteracfh

Knows whats up
Lets say someones daily protein is 300G.. if 120g comes from whey, drinking it 40G or so 3 times a day... ~120 from food, and another 60 from milk, non-whey shakes, etc....
is this ok? does the whey not add as much as casien protein because its in and out faster?
LMK some opinions please...
diet is my weak point and ive been so busy lately that i haven't been able to concentrate on it...

Whey is a more anabolic protein, since it causes a fast spike in blood amino levels. But you can't just drink it all day, because then your body adapts to the higher amino levels and it loses its anabolic properties.

Most protein should come from meat, eggs, and milk. To get the most anabolic results from whey if you use it all day is to space the shakes by 4 hours. So say you had a shake for breakfast at 6 am, have another at 10 am. This gives enough time between shakes so that they still have the anabolic effect of spiking blood amino levels.

So how does this look:
8am 40G whey 4 eggs
11am 40G from meat/milk
2pm 40G whey 40G from meat
5pm 40G meat/milk
8pm 40G whey
10pm 50G casien Protein/milk

For the last 3 weeks I have been drinking a protein "shake" with each meal. They have only had 1 scoop of protein in them, so they aren't really shakes, but instead are more like chocolate milk. They take the place of my plain whole milk. I can actually say that I have noticed more energy for whatever reason (maybe mental) but no more weight gain than I had the previous 3 weeks according to my journal. I don't think I have really seen any significance in the process. I guess I'm going to go back to my one or two shakes a day.

Semper Fi

Back