Question on protein pancakes & losing weight?

oldfeller

So I thought I had stumbled onto a great idea for getting my protein and losing weight. Just wanted to run it by some folks and see if they have any thoughts.

I normally would drink about 3-4 protein drinks a day (protein whey mixed egg whites and water). Always made me gassy and upset stomach.

I came across a neat recipe for protein pancakes. Thought I'd give that a try. Recipe calls for 2 cups egg whites, 2 scoops protein and 1/2 cup oats. I make this every morning. Makes about 8 pancakes.

These taste pretty good and I find are very filling. So much that I've found I'm snacking much less and feel full longer during the day. I even started using the treadmill with a goal of burning 300 calories a day. My regular dinner and supper meals pretty much have stayed the same as always.

I find it odd that I'm not dropping any weight. With eating less and exercising, I sort of figured the weight would start dropping but 2 weeks into this, I've not lost a single pound.

I can't see that preparing protein into pancakes instead of drinking them has more calories even though they are more filling than drinking them.

Am I missing something here? Should I not been losing some weight?
Thanks

depends on the whey and what it was made with. there are so many preservatives and additives that the point gets lost as a weight gain product.
Protein shakes alone will not help you lose weight. what else are you eating? what are your stats?

Look at all the ingredients and calculate the number of calories per serving.

Why don't you try eating meat?

Back