Effects of antidepressants on muscle and fat?

Lots of positivity in this post. love it.

I've been on Lexapro for about 13 years. 20mg for OCD. Works wonders in my life. Weight gain did occur originally, but more so because I could relax after years of suffering.

I'm a competitive bodybuilder, and even if Lexapro is holding me back, I wouldn't give it up. I do fairly well in the sport, and I continue to pack on mass. I'm able to shred when I need to, and I can bulk without packing on shit loads of fat. It's all in the diet brother.

SSRI's effects are highly subjective, but after you figure out how it works with you, you can make adjustments as necessary (diet, cardio, training, etc.)

NO SHAME in using antidepressants. Don't let anyone tell you you're weak or you don't need it. It IS over subscribed, but if you need it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Lots of positivity in this post. love it.

I've been on Lexapro for about 13 years. 20mg for OCD. Works wonders in my life. Weight gain did occur originally, but more so because I could relax after years of suffering.

I'm a competitive bodybuilder, and even if Lexapro is holding me back, I wouldn't give it up. I do fairly well in the sport, and I continue to pack on mass. I'm able to shred when I need to, and I can bulk without packing on shit loads of fat. It's all in the diet brother.

SSRI's effects are highly subjective, but after you figure out how it works with you, you can make adjustments as necessary (diet, cardio, training, etc.)

NO SHAME in using antidepressants. Don't let anyone tell you you're weak or you don't need it. It IS over subscribed, but if you need it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

That's what I'm talking about. Some need them and without they might be dead and I'm one of them.
Good luck

Back