ego boost

gottabadrash

Wannabe PowerLifter
here's an ego boost for short guys... i was taking a poopie today and browsed through flex (jan) and saw the numbers for the mr. olympia competitors.. only 4 guys taller than 5'9" .. big ron, gunter , cormier , and ruhl...the sport is dominated by short guys
1- ron coleman=5'11"
2- jay cutler= 5'9"
3- gustavo badell=5'8"
4- dex jackson= 5'6.5"
5- markus ruhl= 5'10"
6- gunter= 6'2"
7- chris cormier=5'11"
8- dennis james=5'8"
9- victor martinez= 5'9"
10- darrem charles= 5'8.5"
11- pavol= 5'8"
12- kris dim=5'6"
13- ahmad haidar=5'7"
14 johnnie jackson= 5'8"
15- troy alves=5'8"
16- chraig richardson=5'7"
17- mustafa M.= 5'8.5"
18- richard jones=5'7"
19- claude groulx= 5'7"

5'10" is the average male height in the US, so its no supprise. It is also easier to look full and big as a shorter guy. My younger brother who is 8 inches shorter, works out for a couple months and you notice. I worked out for years before you could tell for sure.

yeah its sweet being short but its even more noticeable when you gain a pound from fat.. so there are pros and cons to it

I alway hated being short until I started bodybuilding, now I think it is a blessing to be short. Statistically short people live longer as well so there are some pros to being short.

huskyguy said:
I alway hated being short until I started bodybuilding, now I think it is a blessing to be short. Statistically short people live longer as well so there are some pros to being short.

tall people statistically make more money though.
(btw, i'm not tall. I wish i was though)

sugarplum said:
tall people statistically make more money though.
(btw, i'm not tall. I wish i was though)

Thankfully I am breaking that statistic amongst my friends. I am short, my fiancee is tall, I make more money than she does as well as the rest of my friends. I used to wish I was tall, it mattered in High School but it does not matter once you are living the way you want. All of my friends are taller than me but I outweigh them.

my buddy is 6' and weighs 165 and im 5'6" and weigh 185 so put us next to each other and i blow him away in size but... my receding hairlineand height doesnt help with getting the ladies so i guess tall guys have an advantage on getting laid.. but atleast people dont ask me if i work out... they come in straight with what do you put up.. they question if he lifts...

Back