Estrogen >5 for over 5 months and won't recover

Rayquaza

Hello all,

I am posting this for one of my lady friends who is having some serious estrogen/test problems that I cannot quite figure out, and I am having a hard time finding information on the matter to help her out. Here are her stats; 29, 5' 5", 140 lbs, 14.5% bf, 1700 cals/day (very clean diet), 20mg test/week, and just started back on anavar 4 days ago @20mg/day. Right now she's been experiencing mood swings, irritability, fatigue, and experienced hot flashes in the past. The main problem that she explained to me is that her estrogen has consistently tested at >5 for the past 5 months. Here is what shes taken thus far;

Her coach had her on Anavar for 8 months @10mg/day from January to August 2015 for two shows; one in July, and one in August, and discontinued after the last show. Arimidex was taken @ 1mg a day for the entire month of June and August only. At this point she was not experiencing any negative symptoms.

As soon as she got off of the Anavar, she felt extremely fatigued, sleepless, and had night sweats. She started seeing a PA that is familiar with gear at this point. He did a blood test on her and her test came back as 4 (at this point, her estro was normal). She started on TRT (10mg/week) from October - February 2016, and got off from February - May (to see if her test would return to normal).

She got retested in May and her test came back as 8, and Estradiol was >5 (this is when she started having estrogen problems). So he put her back on 10mg/week, and increased to 20mg/week after a month. After about 2-3 weeks after starting the test back up, she experienced hot flashes, and had an extremely hard time losing weight. She also took tamoxifen for the entire month of May @10/mg twice daily. She was tested last week and her test came back as 180 and Estradiol is still >5mg. From May-June 2016 she was also taking anavar @20mg/day for a show.

Ok so obviously I am a gear user myself and still have much to learn, but to me seeing her estrogen consistently come back at >5, and her test not recovering is throwing up some red flags to me. I would never condone being on Anavar for 8 months either, but a very famous coach here told her to do this. The PA told her 'not to worry about estrogen because it will go up & down due to menstrual cycles', but the problem with this is shes not getting tested the same time every month, and I would think estrogen wouldn't be non-existent like this.... is it possible she went through early menopause or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

We need units and reference ranges for the labs.

Why isn't she posting herself on here?

How long has she been in a caloric deficit for (guessing that 1700 is a deficit for her)?

Normal ranges for an adult female;

Testosterone 8-48mg/dL

Estradiol for an adult female -
follicular phase 12.5 - 166
ovulation phase 85.8 - 498
luteal phase 43.8 - 211
postmenopausal - <6 - 54.7

I am posting for her because she is very unfamiliar with forums.

April 2015 was the last time she was at a calorie surplus. Since then she has been in constant prep for shows.

Back