Ex nfl olineman trying to drop from 312-290

Boozer131

Hey guys. I am a former athlete. Football player, offensive lineman. 6’4 312 pounds. I’ve been lifting weights religiously for 8 years now. I am healthily. I’m not for sure if this is the right spot to post. But I want to know your guys thoughts on my first ever cycle being tren and running test as well. I have been doing research and I’ve seen where <20% body fat can have some health concerns. I’m not certain my body fat. But like I stated I’m in shape and my physique is not sloppy. Also would want to know if a Sarm I could run with the tren to prevent losing gains in my cardio. I’ve been on a “cutting” diet for 4 weeks now. Calorie intake >2200. Protein>300 g.
Thanks for all advice in advance

Welcome to the boards my friend! if this is your first cycle it would be best to stay away from tren and run a test only cycle with hcg and an ai like arimidex. May i ask what your bf% is? current diet plan?

My body fat is at 19%. I’m on a 2000 calories a day diet at 50% protein/35%carbs/15%fats. Thanks for the advice.

If you only wish to lose weight Id stay away from hormones. How old are You? Hopefully over 25 :)
If you insist on a cycle then I'd stick with test to attempt to hold on to muscle while losing weight. 20 to 25 pounds won't take long. Sound like you are no stranger to exercise. Read the first cycle stickies if you haven't already. Everyone on this site will suggest something pretty close to that so please read it through.
Never used tren but it's my understanding that the cardio you mention will be impossible on tren. Definitely not an endurance compound. As I said.....ive never tried it so what the hell do I know:)
Welcome.....and I hope to hear from you on what you decide and possibly even some results updates. Good luck bro

I’m 26. My main goal is to definitely lose some weight. Being an olineman all my life I’ve always carried a few pounds. I want to keep as much lean muscle as I can. That’s why I’ve really been enforcing a strict diet the past 7 weeks. I did read up and some some peoples testimony’s on trying to do cardio while on tren. Not so good. However I did read about a couple of Sarms I could take while taking tren that would eliminate the quick fatigue. Again I’m competly new to this. I’ve always had a trainer telling me what to eat, what to take, and what to eat. Eevrythinh has always been legal. Now that I’m done with ball definitely want to explore my options. Appreciate the look

There is another pretty current thread where the experienced guys said tren don't mix with cardio and it's a tough one.

Is it actual reduced bodyweight or are you just looking to lean out?

We need 3J! Seems to me 6'4" and 312# eating 2,000 calories a day is not at all a good idea. 3J can line you out on calculating what you need, then put you on a plan with a realistic caloric deficit.

If you end up going with a cycle DO NOT use tren. Just do the basic testosterone cycle, there are many reasons why. Many many reasons why....

Sorry man but I gotta agree with the above. Save tren for later. A test cycle in the 400 to 500 range will give you enough to manage the first time. The first time our bodies see these high hormone levels it's very difficult to manage. Whole system goes crazy......sex drive, strength gains, blood pressure.....the list goes on and on. Tren is much more difficult to manage than test is, from what I've heard from people close to me. I have no experience with it but I've seen many struggle by jumping in too soon.
People make it sound like a rite of passage, like you can do it until you're man enough. Not true. The truth is you shouldn't do it until your body is bored with other compounds. If you continue getting results on other compounds then why EVER touch tren. Most consider it a last resort best saved for times of desperation:)

All that said.......i would love to try it. Hahahahaha

And more to the point. If you just wanna lose weight and lean out then diet is all that's needed. Hit up 3J if this is a source of confusion for you. I've read his stuff and he really knows his shit.

Anyway...thats all I got. Good luck bro

No need to apologize! I appreciate all the advice. Again I’m new to all this. I’ve heard a lot of my teammates in the locker room talk about running a test cycle in the off season. If I was to run only a cycle of test. What would be an relastic end goal? Considering I train 6 times a week. Cardio 6 times a week. As well as combine training (Olympic lifting, speed, agility) 4 time a week. Along with a solid diet plan. How long should it be at what dosage ? I’m asking because I’m not an averages sized person so I don’t know if my size changes the dosage as well?
Thanks again

Read the first cycle stickies. That's a great place to start. Dosage for first cycles generally fall between 400 and 600. As far as realistic expectations.......that will be entirely based on diet. Most learn this lesson the hard way with a failed cycle.
Read up on first cycle stickies and 3js break down of training and diet while on cycle.
Good luck and enjoy

Oops.....just saw Milton said pretty much the same damn thing. Lol.
Make sure you use an AI.....HCG if you want to keep your balls.....and have the pct before you start.

Last edited:
No need to apologize! I appreciate all the advice. Again I***8217;m new to all this. I***8217;ve heard a lot of my teammates in the locker room talk about running a test cycle in the off season. If I was to run only a cycle of test. What would be an relastic end goal? Considering I train 6 times a week. Cardio 6 times a week. As well as combine training (Olympic lifting, speed, agility) 4 time a week. Along with a solid diet plan. How long should it be at what dosage ? I***8217;m asking because I***8217;m not an averages sized person so I don***8217;t know if my size changes the dosage as well?
Thanks again

You should bring down that bf% more before you start so you dont experience any side issues related to your E2 and prolactin levels. How do you plan to proceed my friend?

Back