Expert opinions for noob on Tes cyp, HGH and HCG

sudosuga

I apologize and thank you in advance for the length of this post - there's a lot of info.

Hi all. I'm not a bodybuilder by any means, but I am an athletic guy in his mid thirties that has had some health problems- mainly headaches. I'm 6'2", 185 lbs. I excercise regularly with a good dose of hiking, running and basketball.

I started seeing a new doctor about a year ago who is convinced I've had pituitary damage. I had brain surgery when I was younger, and his research indicates that events like this can cause your pituitary to stop producing healthy amounts of vital hormones.

Blood tests indicated that my GH levels were very low- basically that I wasn't making any. This caused the doc to prescribe me hGH and start injecting myself daily with the pens using the domestic stuff. The price was very high, however, and I didn't see much benefit from the amount I was taking and the cost was prohibitive for me to take higher amounts. Skip forward about a year.

I went in to see him again with more blood results, and he had found a source online for cheaper hGH though a pharmacy in mexico. It's the bottled chinese stuff in 10 IU. The price was about 1/7 of what I was paying before, so I decided to give it a shot.

The blood tests have also revealed that my testosterone was very low - I can't remember the # now, but he wanted me to start taking Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) by injection about 3x's a week to boost my body's own production of tes.

Skip forward another month or so and another blood test. Results showed that the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) wasn't doing much and the hgh was slowly, very slowly, coming up. I still wasn't feeling good.

He decided to get me feeling better "right now" and prescribed tes cypionate at a dose of 1000mg 1x a week. He also wanted me to increase the hCG to 2-3x's a week (30mg) and boost the HGH to 2.5 IU's (50mg) a day.

That was about 6 weeks ago. I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. I also felt I needed to take advantage of the higher GH and Tes levels, so I started working out harder. I'm doing mostly P90X and Insanity for exercise at the moment. I know a lot of you are down on p90x, but I use as heavy of weights as I can and by the time I'm done, I know I've gone about as hard as I could. I'm now eating a ton of protein shakes, creatine, glutamine and a lot of stuff that doesn't taste very good - broccoli, chicken, salad - you know the drill.

The first few weeks of tes. therapy were great- my libido was very high (funny, it was great before, too- although my levels were low - this was never a complaint) and I felt good. The last few weeks the libido is way down. I can't even get hard very well and I have a hard time finishing, which has never happened before. I talked to the doc again. Sex was never an issue but it had become one.

I brought in the latest blood results, and my total tes was 1900. He said that was way too high, putting me out of the ideal zome of 800-1200, so I'm skipping a week, then going down to 700mg per week. I'll probably inject half of that every 3-4 days.

The goal, here, is that I'll be able to start feeling great all the time, have "normal" tes levels, and be as normal as can be. I don't need elevated tes levels. I'm not looking to be huge. It would be nice, though, to get some muscle definition and see some results from my lifting and exercising (which I never have seen before).

I came here knowing that you folks would know this stuff as well as anybody and have some good info. Reading this message board, I'm starting to get worried about stuff like gyno, hair loss, and all the other crap that goes along with tes cyp and the other stuff I'm taking. Reading about the laundry list of stuff you're taking to cycle down has me worried I'm going to get jacked up somehow.

As a side note, I have seen a little improvement with my physique over the last month or so, but nothing remarkable. I do feel much stronger. My weight has stayed about the same, even though I've cleaned up my diet and started working out pretty hard. I am seeing my beltline shrink though, so I know the weight is being redistributed.

I trust my doc and I know he is good at what he does - he happens to work with some of the best endocrinologists in the world- but I just wanted to get the dark side's opinion of my current regiment.

Is there anything I should be doing or taking that I'm not currently? Anything I could do to maximize the stuff I am taking? Is the lower sex drive something that you fellas have seen with this type of therapy? This would all be done through my doc and on the up and up, so I need to make sure it's kosher.

If you've read this far, congrats. Sorry for the novel.

:newbie:

Im interested to see peoples responses here, i wont say too much here because im probably not educated enough to comment, BUT my initial thought to what your doc is doing is fuckin strange. i cant tell wether hes trying to boost your natural test levels or put you on TRT for life. but a trt dose of 1000 a week of cyp is fuckin rediculious. what exactly are you trying to achieve with this?

are you wanting higher natural test levels or are you wanting testosterone replacement therapy for life?

I don't want to be on test therapy for life, for sure.

He mentioned that as I tail off of this cycle of tes, I'll ramp up the frequency and amount of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), trying to get my testes to produce more on their own. He has mentioned that if I don't produce tes on my own, however, that I might be looking at a lifetime of therapy. I don't want that.

I went in seeking help for headaches, remember. I wasn't seeking hormone therapy, but it was discovered that I was very low in several areas, and his hypothesis is that's what was causing my headaches (and gut problems).

My libido and sex life was fine before hand. Now, i'm worried about making sure it stays that way.

I should note that if it is indeed the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), HGH and tes that's making me feel so much better, I'd be willing to consider a long term treatment like this, because I feel much better, and I actually have a life now. Ideally I wouldn't have to take anything- just trying to make sure it all turns out as good as possible.

One of two things in happening here. Either your "doctor" is just a dude in the gym that knows nothing about medicine or your doctor is a real Md that knows nothing about hormones and you need to find a new doctor.

1,000mg per week is NOT a medical dose and there is no such thing as a cycle with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Once you start testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), it is for life.

See two things are happening here, your shutting you natural test down by putting cyp in your body but your trying to start it again by using HCG. my adivce is stop everything.

the cyp will take 14 days to get out of your system, after the 14 days are up do a blast of 10 days Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) at 500IU a day. after that do a 4 week PCT Nolva 40 40 20 20 and clomid 50 50 50 50. 2 weeks following your pct get bloods done and check you test levels.
what this doctor is saying is rediculious

I am sorry, but your numbers are just not adding up for me. I can shoot 200mg a week of Test C and have Total Test levels at 2000. For shooting supposedely 1000mg/wk, that Total Test is a lot lower than I would imagine so something is going on here. TRT doses are typically 100-200mg/wk on average. Now, don't get me wrong, there are some guys who are on 400mg/wk but that is more the exception than the norm in regards to TRT treatment. I couldn't see a TRT doc putting you on 1000mg/wk.

I would also like to double-check something to make sure this is adding up correctly. How many mls of Test are you taking per week?? Where is it at on the syringe?? Let us know.

Remember from this point forward, you are your own best doctor. Take what some doctors say with a grain of salt. If you search around, you will realize that 1000mg/wk is nuts and not advisable under any doctor's care. A good steroid cycle for a first timer is around 500mg/wk of Test. 1000mg/wk is crazy to say the least. I would switch doctors. He is clueless.

Last edited:
OK, no wonder you guys think I'm crazy.

I was way off on the amount of cyp. I'm getting all of this stuff mixed up.

I've been giving myself 1 mL, which I was thinking was 1000 mg. Wrong. lol.

My dosage has been 200 mg. I've now bumped that down to 140 mg divided into 2 70 mg shots. Man, that makes much more sense. I psyched myself out reading up about this stuff yesterday thinking I had been taking 1000 mg/week.

i dont get why he would put you on 1000mg a week in hope of jump starting you hpta during a pct.. thats what Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) if for. especially if he thinks the brain surgery is preventing the lh to send signals...

honestly i would shop for a new doctor or talk to chip in the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) department maybe he can help you. but if there is a chance that can recover running 1gram a week is not going to be good to bring back your natural production i would drop that immediately to 500mg enjoy the feeling. take 3x 500ius of hcg. basically run a cycle. blast 500iu ed for ten days after your off wait 4 days and start 50/50/50/50 of clomid and 40/40/20/20 of nolva.

if you dont want to be on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for life then drop the test dosage. run it for a nother 6 weeks. im not going to lie taking any amount of test will run the risk of permanent shut down. but higher levels might elevate that risk. AT THE SAME TIME IT MAY NOT. everyones different. but find a different doctor.

Back