Favorite Protein Bar????

EAS

Guys, I kinda work for EAS so may be biased towards some of their products, but I still believe they have some of the best tasting and most nutritious bars - Myoplex Carb Sense, Advant Edge, or the Low Carb bars. The energy bars are pretty good too but I prefer the higher protein, less carb bars.

BUFFDAWG10 said:
Without a doubt, I would have to say mine is the new Detour Bars by Designer Whey!!:D

I'm glad you said it.:) now all we need is grafix-gnc to tell us that detour bars are shit.:D

dude... DETOUR BARS ARE THE SHIT!

i made a little slogan....
"dude... your gettin a detour!"
kinda makin fun of the dell commercial.. god im a loser

Dr. VJ - sorry, I replied earlier but somehow lost it. My favorite EAS is the Chocolate Covered Strawberry. The Lemon Cheesecake, Blueberry, Cookies&Cream, and Choc.PB are all very good, too.

They all have about 30g protein, 3-4g sat fat (5-7total), and about 20g carbs (2g sugar). Hope this helps.

Little Monster said:
Dr. VJ - sorry, I replied earlier but somehow lost it. My favorite EAS is the Chocolate Covered Strawberry. The Lemon Cheesecake, Blueberry, Cookies&Cream, and Choc.PB are all very good, too.

They all have about 30g protein, 3-4g sat fat (5-7total), and about 20g carbs (2g sugar). Hope this helps.

From what I have heard, not to bust your bubble, you only absorb about 3 grams of that total 30 grams in an EAS carb sense bar and The advantEdge series is even of worse quality because it is EAS's cheap line designed for big disclount stores like Walmart. I would not rely on them or count them as one of my high protein meals or snacks. You would probably be better off drinking 16 oz of milk. Have a protein shake instead, its much better than any bar for that matter. All bars have to be cooked and applying heat destroys the quality of the protein.

You are correct that we won't absorb that much protein from the bars, not to mention the hydrolized gelatin that is also in many of them.

grafix-gnc said:
dude... DETOUR BARS ARE THE SHIT!

i made a little slogan....
"dude... your gettin a detour!"
kinda makin fun of the dell commercial.. god im a loser

Oh....Detour bars are the shit....I guess I have been speed reading your posts and just got. Detour=shit. :)

And I agree they are the shit.

saturn said:
Oh....Detour bars are the shit....I guess I have been speed reading your posts and just got. Detour=shit. :)

And I agree they are the shit.

Give me the snickers!!! I'd rather have the real thing for alot less $. The nutritional value is about the same, anyway!!

cory said:
Give me the snickers!!! I'd rather have the real thing for alot less $. The nutritional value is about the same, anyway!!

Lets see
detour bar
cals: 290
fat: 9g
carbs: 21g
sugar: 6g
protien: 32

snickers
cals: 280
fat: 14g
carbs: 35g
sugar: 30g
protien: 4g

Nope the detour bar wins.

BUFFDAWG10 said:
Without a doubt, I would have to say mine is the new Detour Bars by Designer Whey!!:D

without a fuckin doubt!!! tried one for the first time yesterday, AMAZING!!!!

everyone knows bars are not as healthy as shakes, or for that matter, whole food, but in a pinch, bars do the trick, and now that the Detour bar exists, i'm gonna be getting into a lot of pinches!!

saturn said:
Lets see
detour bar
cals: 290
fat: 9g
carbs: 21g
sugar: 6g
protien: 32

snickers
cals: 280
fat: 14g
carbs: 35g
sugar: 30g
protien: 4g

Nope the detour bar wins.

Because the protein has to be cooked in ALL bars, the protein fractions get broken down and oxydized so you are going to absorb only about 3 or 4 grams of that 32 anyway. If I'm looking for a snack at a time when I'm not eating clean, then I still would go for the snickers. I'm not worried about the extra sugar at that time anyway. I just would not rely on a bar as a high protein meal or evan a snack when I'm eating seriously. I stick to whole food and high quality powders.

Back