Fibrates

I wouldn't, start there and raise the dose after you've seen how your body will react. That's the strongest fibrate to my knowledge so if that doesn't work, most likely none of the others will either.

Well, that's really tough to say and they'd probably be liver problems, not kidney. I've pretty much maxed out my knowledge base already on fibrates in this post so maybe someone else can chime in...I definately wouldn't go on any fibrate if I were planning on cycling 17aa Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) at the same time.

Can somebody explain why he is taking fibrates? The potential sides seem pretty heavy based on what I'm reading.

JuiceMonkey68 said:
To lose some body fat
I've seen these work for people but usually they were fairly overweight to begin with. If you're 10% bodyfat you may not see much loss.

I'm about 15% bodyfat. Hopefully it should help. I was thinking about staying on for thirty days or more. What do you think?

JuiceMonkey68 said:
If taken at a low dose there should be no side effects.
After doing some research, I completely disagree that at 150mg/day there "should be no side effects." There "may" be no "significant" side effects. And unless you get appropriate bloodwork done, you don't know the effect on your liver.

Where are you getting this data from. Please let me know. Because 150 mg daily is half of what a doctor would prescribe to a patient daily. Where is your data?

JuiceMonkey68 said:
Where are you getting this data from. Please let me know. Because 150 mg daily is half of what a doctor would prescribe to a patient daily. Where is your data?
I'm not arguing that 150mg/day is a lesser dose than a physician typically prescribes. That certainly doesn't mean that it is guaranteed to not have any sides.

I'm not saying that it will have sides either, but I think a hepatic function panel is necessary to determine if any liver damage is occurring.

If you are planning on using the stuff short term, then it certainly isn't nearly as important to get the bloodwork done.

Ranak what is the longest I could stay on before I might have some liver damage? I was thinking of staying on for 45 day and breaking for 30 days or until I loose my bodyfat. Let me know your thoughts. :)

JuiceMonkey68 said:
Ranak what is the longest I could stay on before I might have some liver damage? I was thinking of staying on for 45 day and breaking for 30 days or until I loose my bodyfat. Let me know your thoughts. :)
Liver damage can occur quickly, but your liver has an amazing ability to repair itself.

The problem is that the liver becomes scarred over time and when that happens, it is less able to do its job.

Run it for 45 days and see if it is even effective for you. If it isn't, then you probably won't want to run it again anyway.

It doesn't hurt to take some liver supplements.

Don't get me wrong; chances are probably that this isn't a big deal at all for your liver; I just don't think that anyone can say for sure without bloodwork.

Fibrates are just like statins, a liver panel is recommended before taking any of these drugs.

Back