Filter problems/issues

PSUKICKSASS

Everytime I filter the filter starts to leak at the needle and sometimes it ieven comes out of the top and side of the filter. It makes a mess and I lose a lot of my gear. Should I just switch the Whatman when it starts to happen? I am using a 20 g needle and the Whatman is a 25mm/45um. Are there better filters out there?

Thanx

If its a whatman, this shouldnt be happening. What size syringe are you pushing with. You may be applying too much pressure and you might be attaching the filter wrong. This always happens?

DougoeFre5h said:
If its a whatman, this shouldnt be happening. What size syringe are you pushing with. You may be applying too much pressure and you might be attaching the filter wrong. This always happens?

Well it has happened w/ 60's, 35's, and now this contraption I picked up. I used a caulking gun w/ the 60 and 35. I think I am using too much pressure. Are you supposed to do it really slow and let it drip into the vial?

PSUKICKSASS said:
Well it has happened w/ 60's, 35's, and now this contraption I picked up. I used a caulking gun w/ the 60 and 35. I think I am using too much pressure. Are you supposed to do it really slow and let it drip into the vial?

yes, you have to let it drip. you are most likely applying too much pressure.

i wasn't venting while i was filtering into vial. so I had all that air pressure and I was putting too much force on the filter.

PSUKICKSASS said:
i wasn't venting while i was filtering into vial. so I had all that air pressure and I was putting too much force on the filter.

Ding Ding Ding... tell hime what he's won Roddy!!!

bro, just use even slow pressure and you will be fine, and make sure the oil isn't tooo hot or it will cause bad shit to happen also.

RJH8541 said:
Ding Ding Ding... tell hime what he's won Roddy!!!

bro, just use even slow pressure and you will be fine, and make sure the oil isn't tooo hot or it will cause bad shit to happen also.
Bad shit as in....blow a hole in the syringe squirting scolding hot expensive oil all over the kitchen, your clothes and skin...?

DougoeFre5h said:
Bad shit as in....blow a hole in the syringe squirting scolding hot expensive oil all over the kitchen, your clothes and skin...?

yeah, try explaining to Madine when you blew your first batch of suspension all over the brand new African Slate kitchen counters!!! That shit stained everything!! LOL Not to mention made my hands smell like ass for two days!!

pullinbig said:
wonder what madines hands smell like? :D

see atavar.

Well, about 2 seconds after that shot was taken, it prolly smelled like a load of NUT!!! LOL

you know that thing smells like strawberries and cream guys... C'mon!!

Damn that is a great avatar isn't it???

pullinbig said:
best one yet, you so damn lucky. keep an eye on me in atlanta. =0l

uh-huh... you may be old, but you got me by about 60lbs and 1000mg of test!! LOL

Back