Finding a good TRT doctor without wasting time and money!

Spunkey71

I have seen it given as advice on here a few times so today I thought I would give it a try as an experiment. I went to a compounding pharmacy today to get my HCG prescription filled. The first thing I learned was that there are 6 compounding pharmacies within a 10 mile radius of me, granted I live in Houston but being that I had never heard of a compounding pharmacy until a few months ago I was surprised.

While there I asked the nice lady behind the counter if she could recommend any good hormone replacement doctors, ones that have a lot of experience and are well respected. Within two minutes she handed me a hand written list with 5 doctors who they fill prescriptions for on a very regular basis and have heard nothing but great things about from their customers. What was even more surprising was that none of them were endo's or TRT clinics, but all private practice doctors who specialize is hormone replacement therapy and were all within a few miles of the pharmacy.

I have done several Google searches for shits and giggles and never once did one of the doctors pop up on my search results yet here they are. If anyone is not happy with their current doctor and feel that they might need TRT but not sure where to begin or who to see give this a try and see what you learn. I now know that if the time ever comes that I will need switch doctors I will feel very confident about who I go and see.

I have been looking for a new trt doctor all day. There is not shit on the computer in my area but Urologist. I'm gonna drop by the compound facility in my area tomorrow and try my luck! My current trt dr is going buy some old book I think and wont give me an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or hcg.

Spunky nailed it! I do realize the benefits of not going through insurance but the prices really add up in the long run!

Last edited:
Agreed that they are good and have a sterling reputation but not everyone can afford their price tag, finding a doctor who is covered by insurance is the only way many of us can get treatment.

You are making assumptions they take insurance. There are two Anti aging clinics close to me neither take insurance. The will give you forms to file, but they themselves do not take insurance. They also using compounding pharmcies and will push you buying the therapies from them.

Both of these places do not charge or office visits, so that is there balance. In reality they are just covering their ass since most people do not need TRT they want TRT.

You are making assumptions they take insurance. There are two Anti aging clinics close to me neither take insurance. The will give you forms to file, but they themselves do not take insurance. They also using compounding pharmcies and will push you buying the therapies from them.

Both of these places do not charge or office visits, so that is there balance. In reality they are just covering their ass since most people do not need TRT they want TRT.

I personally would not use a doctor that doesn't accept insurance, too many choices for me to choose from to have to pay out of pocket. Maybe I am just cheap but I pay for health insurance so by god I am going to get my monies worth!

Back