First cycle journal Sustanon 350

6ino

Hey guys, thought it might be of some interest so I'm going to post details of my first cycle. This first one's gonna be long. I'll try to organize it as best I can so you can skip parts if you choose.

Notes: This will all be the truth. I have no interest in trying to impress people by lying about progress or lifts or anything.
Also, these are just my ways of doing things. If I say that I do something a certain way it doesn't mean I am knocking anything anybody else does. It's just what works for me. I am by no means an expert. I'm sure I'm getting some things wrong. Suggestions are welcome.

Personal info

Training basically my whole adult life. More seriously the past 7 years or so. I work out at home. I have a squat rack with lat pulley thing and powerblock dumbells. We're moving across the country next spring (currently in NY) and I'll join a gym then.

48 (in 3 months)
5'10"
185 lbs
10-15% BF. (I have one of those scales, I don't know how accurate they are in determining BF. I have abs, six pack, obliques, serratus, adonis belt, etc.)

The fact that I weigh 185 is a major accomplishment (especially being older). Without training I would probably weigh about 165. I saw a picture of my upper back and neck area from when I had a fatty lump removed in 2009 and I look like a child. I don't know how to classify my body. I can almost circle my wrist with my thumb and middle finger, so I'm not naturally big or thick but I'm not thin either. Even if I didn't train I wouldn't be able to fit in skinny jeans.
I have a nice v shape, 32 inch waist. 44 jacket. Just starting to look real good in normal fitting shirts.

I have taken no supplements except glutamine (I don't know that I'd even consider that a supplement). I'll get more into that in the diet section.

I don't do 1rm. I'm not interested in seeing how much I can lift per se. Everybody wants to lift heavier. I just want to do it in the context of multiple sets and reps and not a single rep. So the only numbers I have are:

My last 20 rep squat program I ended on 20 squats @ 200 all the way down. Not parallel. Not below parallel. Hamstrings on calves.

My last chest workout: bench press 3 sets of 6 @ 205 and then 5 @ 205 ( I couldn't get the last one) and then 2 sets of 2 @ 225.

My last back workout: deadlift, 3 sets of 10 @ 275. I don't use a belt or wraps/hooks, chalk only. If I can't hold onto it with just my grip then I have no business lifting it.

My bench has always been weak. (This isn't false modesty. I know I should be benching more).
I don't concentrate on goals in the traditional sense. I focus on process. If I had a goal to lift a certain weight, sometimes blindly pursuing that can be detrimental and lead to injury. My main intention is to continue training. The amount of weight is secondary and I don't want to get bogged down in numbers and disappointment. I try to stay out of my head. Some of the best workouts I've had were on days when I wasn't feeling 100% or was not totally into it at the beginning. Some of the worst workouts I've had were on days when I was rested, well-fed and ready to walk through a brick wall. I try not to self-assess beforehand. I just train as hard as I can on any given day.

That said, I think it would be cool to be able to bench 225 for at least 3 sets of 6. There's just something about 4 45s on the bar.

Training

4 day routine, 1 rest day

Legs
Chest/bi
Back
Shoulders/tri

abs mixed in wherever

Diet

I kind of accidentally ended up eating mostly organic. My wife is into yoga and took some seminars at the studio and started incorporating things here and there.

I don't think of it as sticking to a diet. My tastes have changed. I don't crave sugar. I can't eat salty foods. I don't want refined carbs. I don't do cheat days because there's really no cheat foods I want to eat (boring, I know).

Here's a basic breakdown of foods I eat:

organic chicken and beef
fresh caught salmon (farm raised is a nightmare)

brown rice
quinoa
sweet potatoes

A spinach smoothie and kale smoothie every day. My wife bought a Vitamix and feeds me these. I kind of like them now.

Protein shakes, whey and casein. The casein is thick so I mix that in warm water and don't add anything else.

2 whey shakes every day each are mixed with:
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of organic coconut milk (the kind in the can, not the milk container thing). This is full of fat and calories.
one serving of glutamine (whatever amount that is. I think I use a 1.5 tbsp scoop)
1/2 cup of quaker oats (the Vitamix pulverizes everything so it's all liquid).

The only dairy I eat is what's in the protein powders and some cheese here and there, probably a few times a month

We obviously go out to dinner occasionally. I usually get steak or a burger. We got pizza last week.

Now I won't have more than one drink per week. I usually have 3 or so. Not binge drinking. Just a margarita or glass of wine once in a while.

Cycle

I chose sustanon for my first cycle because I wanted to keep it simple. I don't need to cut. I don't need to gain 50 pounds in 2 months. I'll be happy if I can keep 10 pounds.

I don't want to stack anything yet. I want to see how I react to different things. Sustanon seemed like a good choice. I know there are others.

I have on hand:

70 needles 24 gauge, 1 inch
20 ml of Sustanon 350
30 aromasin for gyno
30 clomid for pct
HCG

I have decided on making it a 10 week cycle, 2 ml/week in 3 doses:

1ml Monday
.5 Thursday
.5 Saturday

I've researched and found a bunch of different recommendations for dosage and frequency. For my first cycle I think 2ml/week is adequate.

I started out with 1 ml 10 days ago and then .5 last Saturday and came up with the above schedule so I did 1ml again on Monday, .5 Thursday and haven't done today's .5 yet.

Injecting

Here's my process:
Wash hands, use hand sani. Wipe vial with alcohol wipe, not just the top. I put it in my armpit to warm it so I want to make sure the whole thing is clean since it's in my hands before I inject. I make sure my muscle is warmed up. Warm oil into a warm muscle which gets massaged afterward.

I change needles after drawing.

I jab it in quickly instead of pushing it in. I wouldn't say I'm afraid of needles. I don't necessarily like them, but I'm not a little bitch either. I have no problem doing this myself. I haven't felt anything at any point of the injection.

Jab all the way in, aspirate, slowly inject, after injecting is complete leave needle in for 30 seconds or so. The needle is in for at least a minute. Again, I have never felt a thing. Remove needle and hold an alcohol pad on the injection site. I've haven't had more than a few tiny drops of blood.

Here's the important part, other than warming the oil first: massage the muscle very well.

The first 1ml I did was in my right quad. I must not have warmed the oil enough or massaged it in thoroughly afterward because I have a huge lump (cork or whatever it's called). It's going away now. It never got red or warm. The second 1ml was in my left glute and I had no pain whatsoever. This past Thursday's .5ml was in my right glute and it's been sore. Maybe it's just one of those things. I'm sure to massage the muscle very well after and then I'm sure to use it. Stretch, move, twist. Anything I can do to distribute the oil better.

Results

No real results yet and I'm not expecting any this soon. I feel a little fuller. I'm able to push through my workouts a little better.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. Updates to follow.

Welcome!

Very well thought out and a great base and overall routine to start from. You'll surely see great results.

A couple things.

You'll want to take the aromasin right off the bat. It's not something to start once you notice symptoms- it's a preventative measure and e levels can affect all types of things you don't notice until it's too late. I take Adex so somebody else can offer dosing advice.

Sus has a super long ester in the blend. IMO 10 weeks is too short. You won't feel it really kick in until week 5 or so. I suggest extending your run to min 12 weeks, but 14 would be ideal.

Your doses should be equal each time you pin, so .66ml 3/wk.

You need nolvadex In Addition to Clomid for pct

Hcg should be pinned 2x/wk @ 250iu each time.

You're eating great- are you tracking your macros? You'll want to up your calories while on cycle.

Again, you'll make great progress and 225 on bench will be a breeze.

Edit- 700mg/wk is a pretty high first run. You may consider dropping to .5ml 3/wk= 525.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Very well thought out and a great base and overall routine to start from. You'll surely see great results.

A couple things.

You'll want to take the aromasin right off the bat. It's not something to start once you notice symptoms- it's a preventative measure and e levels can affect all types of things you don't notice until it's too late. I take Adex so somebody else can offer dosing advice.

Sus has a super long ester in the blend. IMO 10 weeks is too short. You won't feel it really kick in until week 5 or so. I suggest extending your run to min 12 weeks, but 14 would be ideal.

You're eating great- are you tracking your macros? You'll want to up your calories while on cycle.

Edit- 700mg/wk is a pretty high first run. You may consider dropping to .5ml 3/wk= 525.

Great advice bro dont have anything to add

Welcome!

A couple things.

Thanks for all the advice. Looks like I need to switch up a few things.

I don't track macros because I eat as much as I can. I'm having trouble increasing calories because I cut down on eggs (which I forgot to include in my diet list).
I read test can increase cholesterol and I would typically eat three jumbo eggs every morning (cage free organic, but still) so I need to come up with a new go-to brekky.

Maybe I'll cut back to 3x.5 which will extend the cycle.
I have read conflicting things about HCG, heck, I have read conflicting things on everything, including PCT, which is why I only went with clomid.
Some say HCG on cycle, some say after cycle before nolva/clomid.

I'm having a rough start to my week. I did .5 into my left quad Saturday (more conflicting info, some say quads are a breeze, some say never) and woke up yesterday and it felt like it was gonna explode. It's a little better today but I had to do chest instead of legs. It's not that I couldn't tolerate the pain but I don't want to favor it and throw something else out of whack with hundreds of pounds on my back. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow. I have a lot more stuff to inject and I'll never do quads again, so I guess I'm left with delts and glutes which doesn't seem like enough time in between before I start over in the same spot again.

I hope this doesn't turn into a thread of endless questions on my part. That was not my intention in starting this. I don't want it to seem like I'm looking for everybody else to do the research and spoon feed me. I have done a ton of research but that's only been worth so much. As I said, there is so much conflicting stuff out here.

Make sure you are pinning quads in the correct place. A quick search online will provide pictures.
Virgin muscle always has significant PIP. It'll go away as you continue to pin.
Look up ventro glute. Good place to pin. Some guys also pin pecs.
Take your time injecting. That .5ml should take a full 30 seconds. Warm the oil up before you pin.

I wouldn't sweat 3 eggs a day. Take fish oil/omega 3/MCT to increase good cholesterol. Your diet can be perfect and your cholesterol will always be negatively affected by test. It's part of the game and it's a reason we cycle rather than stay on.

Track your macros. This shouldn't be optional unless your screen name is 49er. Down load my fitness pal or the like. Super easy.

Clomid and nolvadex are needed for a better chance of full recovery.

Using hcg during cycle will ensure a better chance for full recovery. Think of it like this:
Hcg during cycle is like putting your testes on life support during an operation.
Running it after cycle is like letting them die and then reviving them after the fact.
As a patient, which method would you prefer your surgeon to employ?

Oh, track your macros.

UPDATE

Today I feel like I want to die.

Quad pain has subsided a bit but I feel very sick. Started aromasin today as gainjin suggested. I need to deadlift but I have no idea how I'm gonna do it. I've trained sick before but man, I just wanna lie down and I'm not even tired.

I never get sick anymore since I cut out garbage food, chemicals, etc, so it must be the "test flu" and it feels just like the flu, weak, achy. My stomach is ok so I've been able to eat normally. I'd hate to skip deadlifting. I'm sure I can get through the rest of the workout so maybe I can just power through it.

UPDATE

Today I feel like I want to die.

Quad pain has subsided a bit but I feel very sick. Started aromasin today as gainjin suggested. I need to deadlift but I have no idea how I'm gonna do it. I've trained sick before but man, I just wanna lie down and I'm not even tired.

I never get sick anymore since I cut out garbage food, chemicals, etc, so it must be the "test flu" and it feels just like the flu, weak, achy. My stomach is ok so I've been able to eat normally. I'd hate to skip deadlifting. I'm sure I can get through the rest of the workout so maybe I can just power through it.

How long have you been on now? I know I've seen quite a few fellas complain of the same thing once she kicks in.

I wouldnt add anything anti Etrogen yet.

I rather feel the test kick in with a little nolva.

Ignore this.

By "test kick in" I assume you mean "body start to retain water".

An ai does not negate the effects of test but limits negative effects of high estradiol.
Retaining a bit of water may make you heavier on The scale and fractionally stronger, but at what cost?
Just because you don't have gyno or the like doesn't mean elevated estradiol isn't negative,y affecting your health.

Nolvadex should only be run on cycle as insurance against gyno for those that are prone. This is in addition to an ai.

Thanks for all the advice. Looks like I need to switch up a few things.

I don't track macros because I eat as much as I can. I'm having trouble increasing calories because I cut down on eggs (which I forgot to include in my diet list).
I read test can increase cholesterol and I would typically eat three jumbo eggs every morning (cage free organic, but still) so I need to come up with a new go-to brekky.

Maybe I'll cut back to 3x.5 which will extend the cycle.
I have read conflicting things about HCG, heck, I have read conflicting things on everything, including PCT, which is why I only went with clomid.
Some say HCG on cycle, some say after cycle before nolva/clomid.

I'm having a rough start to my week. I did .5 into my left quad Saturday (more conflicting info, some say quads are a breeze, some say never) and woke up yesterday and it felt like it was gonna explode. It's a little better today but I had to do chest instead of legs. It's not that I couldn't tolerate the pain but I don't want to favor it and throw something else out of whack with hundreds of pounds on my back. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow. I have a lot more stuff to inject and I'll never do quads again, so I guess I'm left with delts and glutes which doesn't seem like enough time in between before I start over in the same spot again.

I hope this doesn't turn into a thread of endless questions on my part. That was not my intention in starting this. I don't want it to seem like I'm looking for everybody else to do the research and spoon feed me. I have done a ton of research but that's only been worth so much. As I said, there is so much conflicting stuff out here.

Ok I'll make it easy for you.

HCG is HPTA supressive and will hinder your PCT. However, on cycle, when you're already taking other supressive hormone, 500iu x2 a week can keep your testes JUST a bit active, rather than fully shut down. This will help you restart your HPTA through PCT of clomid and nolva.

Ok I'll make it easy for you.

HCG is HPTA supressive and will hinder your PCT. However, on cycle, when you're already taking other supressive hormone, 500iu x2 a week can keep your testes JUST a bit active, rather than fully shut down. This will help you restart your HPTA through PCT of clomid and nolva.

You didn't like my analogy? I thought it was quite good.

Last edited:
You didn't like my analogy? I thought it was quite good.

I didn't read your post until now, seems you'd already covered it, and better than I did. Sometimes the threads have too much writing and I tune out I guess :(

UPDATE

Today is the first day since Saturday that I have felt ok. Only a little bit nauseous. No other "flu" symptoms. I'm dreading today's injection. I want to do legs before, even though the pain takes a while to come on. I just want to get legs done and then rest day tomorrow.

My right glute is still lumpy and there's some mild pain in my left quad. I need to lay off those sites for quite a while if I go back there at all. I'm thinking left delt today, left ventro Saturday and right delt Monday. I'm hoping for some pain-free days. I don't know how you guys deal with it. I can't be the only one hobbled like this. And I'm doing a relatively mild cycle with low dosages. I can't imagine having to do 2ml (or more) at once.

I did well with this week's workouts. The intensity was there which it probably wouldn't have been if I had felt like this any other time in the past. Maybe placebo, maybe not.

UPDATE

Today is the first day since Saturday that I have felt ok. Only a little bit nauseous. No other "flu" symptoms. I'm dreading today's injection. I want to do legs before, even though the pain takes a while to come on. I just want to get legs done and then rest day tomorrow.

My right glute is still lumpy and there's some mild pain in my left quad. I need to lay off those sites for quite a while if I go back there at all. I'm thinking left delt today, left ventro Saturday and right delt Monday. I'm hoping for some pain-free days. I don't know how you guys deal with it. I can't be the only one hobbled like this. And I'm doing a relatively mild cycle with low dosages. I can't imagine having to do 2ml (or more) at once.

I did well with this week's workouts. The intensity was there which it probably wouldn't have been if I had felt like this any other time in the past. Maybe placebo, maybe not.

Virgin muscle hurts until it doesn't. Then it's easy. The pain will be less each injection and eventually there won't be any pip. Delts hurt the least in my experience. Quads the most.

Quit aspirating and your injections will be a lot easier. THERE IS NO NEED to aspirate.

I'm not going to write a dissertation like I usually do. But you are hitting or going thru a vein perpendicularly. There is no way to hit it and stay in it. Why do you think taking blood is so hard for some people to get the needle in and STAY in. The worst case scenario would be to get a minuscule amount in the vein as you go thru it as you enter or exit. It won't hurt you at a drop or less.

Been doing this for almost as long as you are alive as well as IV injections. I have NEVER heard of a problem with IM in all my injecting career . Think about the dynamics , think about how unsteady the hand is, etc... They don't even teach it anymore.
The End..........

AS far as your PIP it is your hand and unsteadiness. Quads for many people as sensitive, a lot of nerves and blood vessels. Glutes , V-glutes, Delts are the easiest for beginners. If the PIP keeps up it may be your gear.

Last edited:
Quit aspirating and your injections will be a lot easier. THERE IS NO NEED to aspirate.

I'm not going to write a dissertation like I usually do. But you are hitting or going thru a vein perpendicularly. There is no way to hit it and stay in it. Why do you think taking blood is so hard for some people to get the needle in and STAY in. The worst case scenario would be to get a minuscule amount in the vein as you go thru it as you enter or exit. It won't hurt you at a drop or less.

Been doing this for almost as long as you are alive as well as IV injections. I have NEVER heard of a problem with IM in all my injecting career . Think about the dynamics , think about how unsteady the hand is, etc... They don't even teach it anymore.
The End..........

AS far as your PIP it is your hand and unsteadiness. Quads for many people as sensitive, a lot of nerves and blood vessels. Glutes , V-glutes, Delts are the easiest for beginners. If the PIP keeps up it may be your gear.

Uncle Mike- one of us is losing it as I don't remember any mention of aspirating.

How long have you been on now? I know I've seen quite a few fellas complain of the same thing once she kicks in.

This is the beginning of my third week. I'm feeling better finally. No nausea or crappy feeling. I hope it lasts.

The End..........

Thanks Mike, that makes perfect sense. And you've been doing this almost as long as I've been alive? Wow, that's something you usually say to a 20 year old. Just want to make sure that you know I'm 48 :)

Yesterday was left ventro. Almost all info I found was in reference to someone else doing the injection but I did find something that described it as the meaty part where your hip meets your upper thigh when you're sitting down. I don't know how accurate that was but I found that spot and then stood up and it looked pretty close to the area in the diagrams. I did the injection with no pain and not so much as a blood droplet on the alcohol wipe afterward so maybe it's right. I'll know later today or tomorrow.

Thanks again for the advice guys. Have a great weekend.

in the first post, OP says he aspirates

Thank you...!

I really think it is adding to his injection problems. I have addressed this many times before to the newbies and they have come back to report it had helped by not aspirating.............

PS: Quote OP...... Jab all the way in, aspirate, slowly inject, after injecting is complete leave needle in for 30 seconds or so. The needle is in for at least a minute. End Quote

SO OP I really have not had a problem injecting quickly though some say it's better to go slower. I also don't care to loose a drop by pulling out and not waiting 30 seconds.
I'm experienced and don't have Virgin muscle left, but the longer you're in and being new to this you have much more chance to move that razor sharp needle around. Plus the aspiration.

FOR ME, I stab and plunge and out. I use my thumb to push. no time to move around. Also holding the barrel with my palm is much more stable. IMOP I think you should try it. No aspiration, get in and out. I don't think I'm in for 30 sec total. NO way to be steady for a whole minute :)

Last edited:
Back