First cycle journal Sustanon 350

UPDATE

I've had a very good couple of days. Ventro is the site for me. Only some slight soreness afterward, less than typical day-after-workout muscle soreness but since it's in a spot that doesn't usually get sore, it's more noticeable, but still nothing I would describe as pain. My last three injections were left ventro, right ventro and then back in the left ventro yesterday, but in a different spot than the first. I know, I shouldn't have gone right back there after such a short time, but today is leg day and after suffering for two weeks I just want a little more time pain-free. I'll have to go in the delt soon and I have a feeling it will be pretty sore.

I'm close to 190 now depending on the day (mid-day Saturday I was 193). Diet is pretty dialed in. I'd miss lunch here and there because of work, etc. but now I make sure not to miss no matter how I have to arrange my day, and I also don't miss a casein shake right before bed. Tomorrow will be the beginning of week #4.

For reference, here is the photo I referred to in my first post. Top is April 2009. I look sickly but I wasn't sick. It was just a fatty deposit I had removed. That is my normal body state. Bottom is Oct 2015.

View attachment 565400

UPDATE

I've had a very good couple of days. Ventro is the site for me. Only some slight soreness afterward, less than typical day-after-workout muscle soreness but since it's in a spot that doesn't usually get sore, it's more noticeable, but still nothing I would describe as pain. My last three injections were left ventro, right ventro and then back in the left ventro yesterday, but in a different spot than the first. I know, I shouldn't have gone right back there after such a short time, but today is leg day and after suffering for two weeks I just want a little more time pain-free. I'll have to go in the delt soon and I have a feeling it will be pretty sore.

I'm close to 190 now depending on the day (mid-day Saturday I was 193). Diet is pretty dialed in. I'd miss lunch here and there because of work, etc. but now I make sure not to miss no matter how I have to arrange my day, and I also don't miss a casein shake right before bed. Tomorrow will be the beginning of week #4.

For reference, here is the photo I referred to in my first post. Top is April 2009. I look sickly but I wasn't sick. It was just a fatty deposit I had removed. That is my normal body state. Bottom is Oct 2015.

View attachment 565400
good to see you recovered well.

Another good couple of days. I had a slight issue injecting in my right ventro. First jab, about 1/4 inch in and it hurt real bad so I pulled out and it bled a bit. Second jab, more pain. Change needle. Third jab, same thing so I gave up. That hadn't happened before. It was always right in, no pain. I don't know what I did wrong but I'll try again there in a week or so.

I went in my right quad instead. Roughly where my fingertips touch with my arm hanging down, about an inch outside from center. The day after it was sore. Two days after it was more sore and kind of tight but not really painful and it didn't limit my mobility. I'll try the same spot on the left next time.

I'm getting stronger but I don't notice it so much on the main lifts, though I'm controlling the weight better and the last few reps are clean. I notice it more on the secondary lifts. On DB press after bench, I'm getting a much better contraction and I'm able to finish stronger. It's subtle but it's there.

My right nipple seems a little "pokie" at times. My pecs are fine though. Still doing 12.5 aromasin eod.

I hope it's not wishful thinking that I'll have some bigger gains soon. Thursday will be the beginning of my 5th week. What has happened in the past is that I make gains "overnight". For the longest time I was hovering at about 173 lbs, never being able to crack 175. Then after a 6 week, 20 rep squat program, I was consistently above 180 and never went below that.

One problem I'm having with diet is that if my daily schedule gets thrown off for whatever reason, I miss lunch. Friday I helped a friend move a big piece of equipment (because I'm the dummy with the pickup). I left the house at 9:30 and got back at 3:30. Given the foods I eat, I can't eat on the road. This is my biggest issue with getting enough calories. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

The Sustanon is just starting to kick in. It'll be in full swing after week 5, going into week 6. Don't worry, gains are on the way.

What is your total cycle length?

You've got to put time into meal prepping and tracking your macros. You say you can't take food with you on the road, but that's BS. Buy a bunch of Tupperware containers and meal prep at the begging of the week so you have then to take with you. Nutrition is the biggest determiner of how good of gains you get. Don't neglect it, don't mess it up!

I get the feeling you still aren't tracking your macros. Download MyFitnessPal and TRACK YOUR MACROS.

The Sustanon is just starting to kick in. It'll be in full swing after week 5, going into week 6. Don't worry, gains are on the way.

What is your total cycle length?

You've got to put time into meal prepping and tracking your macros. You say you can't take food with you on the road, but that's BS. Buy a bunch of Tupperware containers and meal prep at the begging of the week so you have then to take with you. Nutrition is the biggest determiner of how good of gains you get. Don't neglect it, don't mess it up!

I get the feeling you still aren't tracking your macros. Download MyFitnessPal and TRACK YOUR MACROS.

Cycle length will be 12 weeks as you suggested. (I can't push it to 14. I did a few 1ml injections early on so I won't have enough).

I meal prep everything except dinner. I never have a problem cooking dinner. As far as lunch on the road, I can't eat ground chicken and rice while I'm driving. I suppose I could have grabbed a sub or fast food but I'd rather not just consume garbage calories for the sake of hitting my macro target. Plus, I used to have bad back problems. It would lock up at least a few times a month. Sometimes mild, sometimes I'd miss days of training. Since I changed my diet and cut out chemicals and wheat and other garbage I hardly ever have an episode. It's hard to find good travel-friendly food that can replace the 600 calories and 75 g of protein I get from my standard lunch of a pound of ground chicken and a cup of rice.

I have been using my fitness pal since you first recommended it.

Whole chicken breast cut up and wrapped in whole wheat torilla. Raw spinach. You can eat that while you drive.

What are your goal calories and macros? Good job tracking.

Whole chicken breast cut up and wrapped in whole wheat torilla. Raw spinach. You can eat that while you drive.

What are your goal calories and macros? Good job tracking.

I need to find a good wheat tortilla without a lot of chemicals, etc. I used to have some I liked and then I realized they were not as "whole wheat" as I wanted.

Calories 4,000
Carb 50%
Fat 25%
Protein 25%

I need to find a good wheat tortilla without a lot of chemicals, etc. I used to have some I liked and then I realized they were not as "whole wheat" as I wanted.

Calories 4,000
Carb 50%
Fat 25%
Protein 25%

have you tried looking in a Mexican supply store?

have you tried looking in a Mexican supply store?

I have not. I'm sure there's one around here though, I'll have to go check it out. I've found some recipes for homemade but I have to draw the line somewhere. As it is, I spend a ton of time meal prepping breakfasts and lunches, in addition to cooking dinner every night. Pretty soon it's gonna get to the point where all I do is eat, sleep, cook and train.

Settling in nicely. I still haven't cracked 190 so I stopped getting on the scale. In another 10 days or so I'll probably be close to 195. It's gone that way for me in the past. I get mad and then don't pay attention to it and then I'm past what I was shooting for.

Last chest workout was 3x8x205 all nice, clean reps except the last one or two in the last set. Still got them, but with the usual butt-raising and spitting and uneven form of a forced rep. Then I got 3 good sets of 4 after that so definitely getting stronger.

Looking a little bigger too. We went shooting last weekend and it was a little chilly so I wore a light fleece jacket. My wife took some pictures and it was evident even with a jacket on, that I was "big". To me, that is the ultimate test of muscle development. Even smaller guys can look like they have big arms in a boy's medium tshirt. I want to look thick through my back and shoulders when wearing a hoodie or jacket. All the women went crazy when John Krasinski got in shape for 13 hours. He looked good, but he only toned up his arms and cut fat so he had a six pack. For us, that type of thing is easy. No offense to him. He did what he needed to do for the role, but he was by no means thick. You could tell it was a quick 6 month program. That's not what most of us are after. I don't wear tight shirts. I would never wear a tank top, even in the gym (I'll be 50 soon, nobody needs to see that).

A bit long winded just to say "bigger and stronger".

I'm finding that eating enough is harder than most people think. Three jumbo eggs, sweet potatoes and sausage for breakfast, a pound of ground chicken and cup of rice for lunch, a pound of grilled chicken and cup of rice for dinner, peanut butter on a banana and two 475 calorie protein shakes still has me 600 calories short of 4,000 so I have to munch on cold chicken and potatoes throughout the day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner alone seems like a ton of food but without my "fortified" protein shakes, I'd be at least two meals short of my goal.

I have been rotating between quads and ventro glutes for injections. I'm not crazy about quads, but they're a good reachable location and it's easy to be steady and precise. I just hope they'll stop being sore after a few more pokes. I've done all my own so far. Maybe I'll have my wife do glutes for me at some point just so I can have more time before going back to the same site.

Thanks for reading. Have a good week.

How long is your cycle for?

About 12 weeks. I'm ending my fifth week now. Just started the second vial, so at .5 per injection and 3 per week that gives me 20 which is almost 7 more weeks. (I did some 1ml injections when I first started which is why I won't get an equal number of weeks out of each vial).

Everything is progressing nicely with few problems (I will get to that below). Yesterday was chest and I got 3x4x225 (and then 1 at 245). I had gotten a few at 225 here and there in the past but these were good clean reps. I'm not that excited because to me it doesn't really count until I can get 3x6 consistently, but that's coming soon. I still haven't weighed myself but that doesn't matter so much. I'm getting stronger so I'm sure the increase in size is coming.

Now for the problem. I am having trouble falling asleep because of my breathing. I seem to get sinus congestion at night, but thankfully only one side. For some reason I have begun to focus on it and it's bothering me now. The past few nights I have woken up gasping for breath right after I fall asleep. That has never happened before. I never have trouble falling or staying asleep. I'm older so I need to get up and go to the bathroom during the night. The first time I get up, around 2-3:00 I leave the bed and go downstairs and sleep the rest of the night in a recliner. It has helped my back a great deal (I have had 3 different beds over the last 15 years and none have helped). Lately I haven't been able to fall asleep in bed. Being more upright in the recliner helps me breathe better, or at least it helps me not focus on being congested or not being able to breathe or whatever. It may be unrelated to my cycle. It may just be a new mental struggle I have decided to put myself through.

Things have not been good. I'm barely sleeping at all due to breathing problems. I can't seem to get a full breath at night. During the day I'm ok, no noticeable shortness of breath when training. When 7 pm rolls around I can feel it getting more difficult to get a deep breath. I went to urgent care last week and my doctor on Monday. Lungs are clear. EKG is fine. BP is a little high 130/70. I'm usually at 110/70. Heart rate was 74. It's usually 68. I feel ok otherwise. Not really sick but I'm not feeling 100% because I'm so tired. I've been way more sick than this before and never had breathing issues. Bronchitis/pneu and I never had serious trouble sleeping. It's not insomnia. I'm tired. I drift off and then immediately wake up breathing funny. It eases around 3-4 am and I'm able to get a few hours if it's a good night. If I'm really lucky, maybe 1 out of every 3 or 4 nights, I can get 6 or 7 hours but it's mostly spotty, 4-5 hours early morning.

I'm still making gains. I've only missed a day or two total over the past two weeks. Still eating well. Still motivated. Just disgusted at lack of sleep. Nothing to do now except hope it doesn't get any worse and finish strong.

have you have a sleep apnea/study test?

I will be going for the sleep study.

I've been able to sleep through the night. Nothing else changed but I can breathe again. I didn't fall behind or lose any gains. I consistently weigh 195 now and my lifts are all increasing. 200 is within reach, but even if I don't make it, I feel that I've had high-quality gains (no extra fat, the waist fits the same on my pants but the legs are getting tight), so I'd be happy with maintaining 195 (for now).

Man I got the same problem caring too damn much about that scale. I weigh in every morning cause I don't want to put on a bunch of fat, and with eating 4200 cals a day I worry. Pretty sure my problem waking at night several times is due to the prami, I've brought it up several times but nobody has commented, so I'm not tottaly sure. The shortness of breath sounds very bad, maybe start supplementing b12? I'm no expert by any means, hope you get it figured out bro

No more problems. Sleeping well, eating well, training well. Did my last injection and waiting to do PCT (nolva and clomid). I'm at 197 consistently and got 3x6x225 for bench press. I'm pretty happy with those numbers but they're meaningless unless I maintain after 2+ months. Who cares what I was in November if I'm skinny and weak in the spring. (I'm sure you guys have heard it when guys see that you work out "I used to be in great shape, I did: spartan race or triathlon or jiu jitsu . . . " Who cares what you used to be. Unless you have an injury that prevents you from training, all you're saying is that you're too lazy to do what you once did and now you've lost the gains you once had. Yes, I train seriously and yes, it shows. Today. Now. Continually.)

It doesn't seem like I gained a lot of weight but last year I was hovering below 175. I know it's a slow go and I wasn't expecting to look "huge", but all my clothes are tight. I wore a sweater yesterday for the first time since last winter and it was very tight, to the point where it looked silly, but I stretched it out and it ended up being ok. Tshirts that were a little tight last year are uncomfortable, pinching my underarms so they're completely not wearable. Tshirts that were a little big now fit perfectly.

I'm not thinking about another cycle yet. I'm just concentrating on getting the most from whatever is still in my system and then holding on to everything. I need to work on streamlining my diet/food prep. I'm not doing another cycle until I'm sure I won't miss a single meal (full meal, snack, or shake) for the entire cycle and beyond, regardless of other commitments.

Doing PCT now, nolva and clomid. I feel like I've lost everything. Strength wise I'm holding steady but I don't feel "pumped" anymore. Maybe that has something to do with it being colder now. The house isn't as warm, so I'm not as warm, even with a sweatshirt, so the blood isn't flowing as much. Whatever it is, it sucks. I know it's part of the deal, but there was nothing like the mid-cycle "full" feeling even when just sitting around doing nothing.

No other changes I can attribute strictly to being off cycle. Winter is a bad time for me, so any mood or motivation changes could be due to the snow, cold, and lack of sun, though my mood is ok and I don't usually have a problem with motivation.

Starting to think about my next cycle but only because I want to feel jacked again. Not sure I'll actually do another.

Back