First cycle...my info...suggestions?

PradaSurfer

Hey all~

I've decided to do my first test e cycle. I have been all over trying to research my specific situation, and have come up with so much info, but it is somewhat hard to sort out and apply to me, so I'm ready for a consensus on what I am thinking and suggestions, etc.

ME:
Turn 41 in one week
212lbs (174# LBM, 18% BF)
6'1
36.5" @ navel, 16.5" neck

I was only 135 when I was 21 and went into boot camp. Came out 9 weeks later at 173. Went up to 200 by 25. Started working out a lot, went down to 175, then back up to 195 and ~9% bf. Stayed for about a year. Got kicked out of the military for don't ask, dont tell and then went into self destruct mode. Got heavy into recreational drugs and didn't give a f&*k about my body for a few years. When I was 30, i quit drugs and was 168 and maybe 13-15% bf. Next 4 years, weight up slowly climbed to 200 with spells of hard working out and being lazy on and off. Up until here, weight ALWAYS came off easy (2-4lbs/week) and muscle was easy to build. Then at 35, I got mono. And gained weight. Went up to 205 and i would guess 26+%bf. 2 months in bed before I could try to start being active. After this, weight would not come off more than 5-10 lbs before stalling. Over the next 5 years, my weight stayed between 198-222. I was in and out of the gym. Last summer I got very serious after a motorcycle wreck to lose fat. IDC about weight. I care about body fat now. I've spent several months on a tracked diet and cardio and resistance training. I started 218 29%bf and have now worked down to 18% 212. For the last several weeks I have not been able to drop anymore bodyfat. I've changed up diet, changed up gym routine, nothing. I have felt like something is wrong.

I have my BMR as 2041 and use a modifier of 1.6 for 3265 maintenance calories/day. I work out 6 days most weeks, but always 5, except when i had the flu. The modifier for 3-5x/wk is 1.55 and very active is 1.72, so i figured somewhat low. I keep my caloric deficiency between 500-1000/day, so in theory I SHOULD be losing fast consistently. But I am not. I am having muscle gains, but not fat loss.

I try to keep my diet 40% carb, 40% protein, 20% fat. I typically run a clean diet, but real world with working, sometimes it isn't always possible, but I do my best to keep my ratios good. I eat a lot of chicken breast, lean beef steak, fresh fruits and vegetables. The fewer ingredients on the label the better. I do not eat/drink anything with sugar, except what is in Powerade. I only supplement my protein with a well rated, affordable whey.

My current gym routine is something like this:
Mon-chest,25 mins HIIT, 20 mins endurance cardio
Tue-arms, 25/20 cardio as above
Wed-shoulders 25/20
Thu-back, 20 min endurance, 20 mins swimming
Fri 25 min HIIT
Sat 25/20 cardio. (Will be adding legs here on cycle, I have left legs out for now due to the large amount of cardio, plus i have big legs)
Sun- OFF
I make minor adjustments to cardio based on how my body and heart rate responds. I always listen to my body cause injuries suck.

Based on my age, bedroom performance, and being stuck with my fat loss and some other things, I suspected low T.

I talked to a clinic for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but the costs were astronomical. Went to LabCorp and got a CBC, lipids, test, etc blood panel run. My test came in at about 400, and it was right after I got up. I didn't know when I went to get tested that your test levels are highest usually when you wake up and can drop by a lot throughout the day. Various sources confirm that 80-90% of men my age have higher test levels than I do, with an average of about 600. All my numbers suggest I am in peak health. My liver enzyme levels came in slightly high (AST 51, ALT 54), but with the resistance training I have been doing, those slightly elevated numbers are normal with muscle building, since everything else was well within normal levels. My LDL is 61, total cholesterol is 119. My HDL is 45, normal, but I am going to do what I can to get it up. I am planning on omega 3 supplements, eating salmon at least once a week, adding more olive oil to my diet and adding a fiber supplement.

There is all my background. Sorry to be long winded, but I have read so many "First cycle" threads and there are always a lot of info left out.

Proposed cycle 12 weeks:
300mg test e ow (Alpha RX/Global Pharmacies 300mg/ml 10ml bottle)
.5 Arimidex eod
Clomid PCT
hormone check at week 5 or 6 and post pct
Continue my gym routine

QUESTIONS:
1. Should I pin once/week or do .5cc 2x/wk? It seems 50% of people have a lot of pain with virgin injections.
2. 10 weeks (1 bottle) or 12 weeks?
3. I want to come out of this cycle leaner, but also want to show some muscle gains. Is losing 1lb fat/wk while on cycle and adding some muscle mass even realistic, or should I focus on building lean mass and will the fat just come off slowly as I build more muscle.
4. Diet...I can't find a straight answer and this is the biggest thing. I know what to eat, but how much should I eat on cycle, with my goals, to get the most out of my cycle. I've seen ranges of 3000 cal- 5000/day. I can't imagine eating that much, but if i know it will go to muscle and not my belly, so be it.
5. Do I need the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) from day 1 with the dose I'm taking? I do not want to take drugs for no reason. i will only take it if I really should. Would splitting pins to 2x weekly help keep levels low enough to avoid Aromatase inhibitor (AI), or is it just an absolute necessity? I already have the Aromatase inhibitor (AI), so it's not a problem.
6. Any supplements i should be taking pre/during/post cycle? Simple supps. I'm not in a position to go drop another $300 at gnc.

I do NOT want to do more than 2 cycles total, though I may consider a maintenance dosing of test (~250mg eow) off cycle if my natty levels are still low after post cycle therapy (pct). This first cycle with test e ONLY, then maybe this fall a stack. I have the dedication to do this and I think I am almost there, but I am super picky about having things down to a T before i start (no pun intended).

I have my gear in hand, but my projected start date is march 4. My bday is the Feb 22, and I want to have some fun that weekend, then a week for a final detox and a couple days off for some rest.

Any advise? Thanks in advance. I'm excited, and hoping for an awesome cycle, but not expecting a miracle. Just a S&%t load of hard work.

J

Pic on the left is starting point, middle is about 6 weeks ago, and the last was a few days ago. You can tell there is very little fat loss between the last two, though you can see more chest and shoulder definition.
View attachment 548660

Proposed cycle 12 weeks:
300mg test e ow (Alpha RX/Global Pharmacies 300mg/ml 10ml bottle)
.5 Arimidex eod
Clomid PCT
hormone check at week 5 or 6 and post pct
Continue my gym routine

QUESTIONS:
1. Should I pin once/week or do .5cc 2x/wk? It seems 50% of people have a lot of pain with virgin injections.
2. 10 weeks (1 bottle) or 12 weeks?
3. I want to come out of this cycle leaner, but also want to show some muscle gains. Is losing 1lb fat/wk while on cycle and adding some muscle mass even realistic, or should I focus on building lean mass and will the fat just come off slowly as I build more muscle.
4. Diet...I can't find a straight answer and this is the biggest thing. I know what to eat, but how much should I eat on cycle, with my goals, to get the most out of my cycle. I've seen ranges of 3000 cal- 5000/day. I can't imagine eating that much, but if i know it will go to muscle and not my belly, so be it.
5. Do I need the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) from day 1 with the dose I'm taking? I do not want to take drugs for no reason. i will only take it if I really should. Would splitting pins to 2x weekly help keep levels low enough to avoid Aromatase inhibitor (AI), or is it just an absolute necessity? I already have the Aromatase inhibitor (AI), so it's not a problem.
6. Any supplements i should be taking pre/during/post cycle? Simple supps. I'm not in a position to go drop another $300 at gnc.

I do NOT want to do more than 2 cycles total, though I may consider a maintenance dosing of test (~250mg eow) off cycle if my natty levels are still low after post cycle therapy (pct). This first cycle with test e ONLY, then maybe this fall a stack. I have the dedication to do this and I think I am almost there, but I am super picky about having things down to a T before i start (no pun intended).

I have my gear in hand, but my projected start date is march 4. My bday is the Feb 22, and I want to have some fun that weekend, then a week for a final detox and a couple days off for some rest.

Any advise? Thanks in advance. I'm excited, and hoping for an awesome cycle, but not expecting a miracle. Just a S&%t load of hard work.

J

For starters, I would up the test to 500mg/wk as 300mg/wk is just a stone's throw above normal range of testosterone.

1. You really should pin 2x a week. This does two things: It first keeps your hormone levels stable so you don't feel a rollercoaster of ups and downs, and since they're stable you'll produce less estrogen due to less spikes.

2. If you go 500mg/wk, you're looking at 3 vials for a 12 week cycle. If you insist on 300mg/wk, you'll need at least 2 vials as you do lose some test every time you pin. Think of it as a sacrifice to the anabolic gods if you will.

3. I like to think of my cycles as "clean bulks". I eat up to 1000 calories above maintenance, but try to cut out the excess carbs and junk fats. It really depends on what your goals are.

4. I'm probably the furthest thing from being an expert on diet. You'll want to get in touch with 3J in the diet forum and see what he can do for you. The man can work miracles as seen by his testimonials.

5. There are two schools of thought on this. The first is that it is best to PREVENT any estrogenic sides BEFORE they occur by starting the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on day 1 of your cycle and adjusting the dosage as you move forward. The second is more of a wait and see approach where you medicate as sides become apparent such as bloating/itchy nipples. I prefer the first approach as there are sides you cannot "feel" that are just as bad for you as growing boobies.

6. Fish oil and a good multi are what I recommend. I take WAY more than that personally, but I'm a sucker for supplements. :p I do recommend liv.52 (LiverCare) by Himalaya for liver values. It's really an amazing OTC herbal pill that drops AST/ALT values like a bad habit. The only other "supplement" I can recommend is WATER and lots of it! You're going to be destroying your muscle cells and bombarding your body with nutrients. It will need to eliminate that waste somehow, and if you are dehydrated - it's going to make you feel ill over time.

If you can stop at two cycles, more power to you. It's very addicting in that once you feel supraphysiological levels of test coursing through your body, you just don't want to come down. I am on TRT which has a maintenance dose of 250mg/wk, but I would recommend against doing that without the aid of a doctor. Your total test is on the low end, but many doctors will tell you that you are fine as it falls within the range the lab has provided. This still doesn't make sense to me as that range includes SICK 90 year old men, but that's a whole other thread to debate on about. Keep in mind, TRT is for life - so don't take that decision lightly.

I try to keep my diet 40% carb, 40% protein, 20% fat. I typically run a clean diet, but real world with working, sometimes it isn't always possible, but I do my best to keep my ratios good. I eat a lot of chicken breast, lean beef steak, fresh fruits and vegetables. The fewer ingredients on the label the better. I do not eat/drink anything with sugar, except what is in Powerade. I only supplement my protein with a well rated, affordable whey.

I never do percentages its a waist to me. What worked like gold for me was,, 1 gram protein per pound of lean body mass) fat .45 per body weight and rest carbs. you need to be in a calorie deficit to be losing weight form your maintenance calories. at least -500. only way to lose body fat.

QUESTIONS:
i have done both never felt any different either way.

2. 10 weeks (1 bottle) or 12 weeks?i
if it was me i would go 12

i would most def go into a calorie deficit you will get stronger while on a cycle. the more BF you lose the better you will look,

when i bulk i only eat 300+ over my maintenance you start eating way way over your maintenance you are just going to get fat as fuck and make sure you hit your macro requirements

that question only you will be able to know, i never need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) i am just luck once in a while i get slight bloat from test and i take some Adex, if you start to blot or feel your nips getting sensitive i would take some Adex

i like vitamin C helps with water retention. and some amino acids, liv 52.. b12 and fish oil.. all cheep on amazon is where i get them.

Thanks for the input. I was originally planning to keep my diet where it is, since it is giving me strength gains and I'm not gaining any weight, and actually the last week I have lost about 1.5 lbs, which is ironic because this is the dirtiest I have eaten in weeks. Just wanted to make sure test wasn't more effective with more food, I didn't think it was, but that specific point was hard to research, as everyone has differing ideas. I guess diet is the easiest thing to change in cycle, since it is fairly easy to see if I'm gaining fat, water (yeah, I know that will happen) or muscle.

I like the supplement suggestions too. Simple and focuses on what I am concerned with, HDL and liver. I don't like to put anything more into my body than necessary, which leads to the Aromatase inhibitor (AI). I would much rather prefer to not take it, and this society is split on whether to take it from day 1, or take it at first sign. I almost feel like taking it from day 1 is like taking taking Motrin everyday so you don't get a headache, rather than at the first sign of one.

steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/642622-cycleing-beginners-guide-your-first-cycle.html#post3234356
Read it
Thanks...yet another good read. I can't even begin to tell how many of these I have read. I actually have been on this site for a few weeks and the "other one" as well, however "they" never sent me my confirmation email, so eff them.

ONE MORE question I haven't been able to find clear cut answers on: Mixing alcohol and test and alcohol and arimidex. I haven't been able to find clear answers on this either. Now don't get me wrong, I am not talking about partying like a frat boy everyday, but let's face it, 3 months is a long time to be completely booze free. I know it slows your metabolism significantly for a couple days, and I avoid it quite a bit. But my friends and I do like to get together once a week and have a couple drinks. I'm sure i could bring it down to every other week with no problem, but is it safe? Or does it increase side effects?

I'm sure I will have more questions, but I am growing more and more confident in my cycle everyday. I just don't want to be like my friend who had some guy tell him to take Anavar and he just forked over cash and started taking it no questions asked.

Back