"First" Cycle Weight Gain question

AntM1564

I have first in quotes because it is not my first test e cycle, but my first in seven years.

Currently, I am running test e at 500 mg a week. I am five and a half weeks into my 12 week cycle. I weigh myself every Sunday. This past Sunday, the start of the 5th week, I was up 7.8 pounds five weeks in. I have been increasing my calories by 300 each week since the start. My calorie consumption prior to my cycle was slightly under what it is currently and I was barely gaining weight weekly from that.

I am 29. 5'9. Current weight is at 162.2 and I started at 154.4. I lost a lot of weight due to a major surgery 5 years ago, but since that surgery I put on 25 quality pounds and my strength went back up. Test E at 500 mg/week and Aromasin at 12.5 mg ED.

Should I keep increasing my calories some? Dial back a little? Keep them where they currently are? It just seems like I am gaining weight quickly. It isn't sloppy though, body composition is slightly better and vasculairty is better, I am pretty vascular as it is. Also, I have set a new single rep squat and military press PR and multi rep PRs for bench and deadlifts.

Welcome to the board :wavey:

So as Milton asked we need much more information. I suggest you layout your complete cycle protocol in an outline form.
Like this
wk 1-12 Test 500 wk 250 x 2
wk 1-12 aromasin 12.5 ED
wk 14-16 PCT
clomid 75/50/50/50 ... ?
Nolva 40/20/20/20 ... ?

Just an example ^^^

you talk of calories but did not share the counts.
Now OP things are not gonna happen too much until your 5-6 week But listen any or most of any weight gain at 4-5 weeks is water, basically. But don't worry if you have ,managed to keep that at 8 lbs ish your staying lean and that's ok.

You see because of the natural process and all the synergistic activity the body has to do to build much , it takes much more time then you think. Without going into a deep explanation a man can only gain about 15-20 lbs of LMM ( lean muscle Mass) per YEAR cycles or not.. SO if you stay very lean, an ending cycle gains with 8 pounds is good. That's after shedding off the water gain.

Give us some more info as I we asked and we can help better. YOU are very lean so what calories are we talking about?

I have first in quotes because it is not my first test e cycle, but my first in seven years.

Currently, I am running test e at 500 mg a week. I am five and a half weeks into my 12 week cycle. I weigh myself every Sunday. This past Sunday, the start of the 5th week, I was up 7.8 pounds five weeks in. I have been increasing my calories by 300 each week since the start. My calorie consumption prior to my cycle was slightly under what it is currently and I was barely gaining weight weekly from that.

I am 29. 5'9. Current weight is at 162.2 and I started at 154.4. I lost a lot of weight due to a major surgery 5 years ago, but since that surgery I put on 25 quality pounds and my strength went back up. Test E at 500 mg/week and Aromasin at 12.5 mg ED.

Should I keep increasing my calories some? Dial back a little? Keep them where they currently are? It just seems like I am gaining weight quickly. It isn't sloppy though, body composition is slightly better and vasculairty is better, I am pretty vascular as it is. Also, I have set a new single rep squat and military press PR and multi rep PRs for bench and deadlifts.
if i were to guess, id say a majority of your "weight gain" is likely water retention.. 12.5mg ed of aromasin will not control estrogen on a 500mg cycle.

and what was your starting point on calories..

if youve added 300 calories for 5 weeks we know youve added at least 1500 calories.. which is great.. but whats your starting point?

I can't add anything more except it sounds good. Water and glycogen.

Give ^^^^them^^^^ answers and you'll get more specific advice.

Pre Cycle

Load cycle Support Supps

Cycle

Weeks 1-12 - Test E 500 mg (Sunday morning and Wednesday night pin)
Weeks 1-12 - Aromasin 12.5 ED (I have enough to dose ED is suggested)

Pre PCT

Weeks 12-14

HCG - 500 iu ED (first 10 days after last pin)

PCT

Weeks 14-18 - Nolva (40/40/20/20) Clomid (50/50/25/25)
Aromasin if needed

As far as diet goes, I carb and calorie cycle, he is what it looks like up to this point.

Week 1 154.4 lbs

High Carb - 3,450 cals (232 P/ 383 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,200 cals (232 P/ 313 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,950 cals (232 P/ 233 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,950 cals (232 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

Week 2 158.4 lbs

High Carb - 3,450 cals (236 P/ 383 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,200 cals (236 P/ 313 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,950 cals (236 P/ 233 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,950 cals (236 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

Week 3 - 159.6 (set some new PRs that week

High Carb - 3,475 cals (239 P/ 383 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,225 cals (239 P/ 313 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,975 cals (239 P/ 233 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,975 cals (239 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

Week 4 - 160.4 lbs

High Carb - 3,500 cals (241 P/ 386 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,250 cals (241 P/ 316 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 3,000 cals (241 P/ 236 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 3,050 cals (241 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

Week 5 - 162.2 lbs

High Carb - 3,525 cals (243 P/ 386 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,275 cals (243 P/ 316 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 3,025 cals (243 P/ 236 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 3,025 cals (243 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

As you see, I increased protein every week. I am eating 1.5g/lb of body weight. I increased carbs week 4. This type of nutrition works best for me. I have experimented with different types of eating practices, but this works well for my body. This is based off the Carb Cycling Codex on T-Nation I have been following it for years now. I am up 7.8 pounds in the first 5 weeks, tomorrow will start the 6th week.

So now the question is should I keep increasing calories, or just stick to where I am currently and just modify protein every week. Prior to cycling, I was following the same macros and calories as outlined in week one above, but barely gaining weight weekly. Is it safe to assume what I have gained so far is just glycogen and water? My goal is to bulk, but I do not want to become a sloppy mess. I don't mind putting some fat on, but would like to control it which is why I am thinking I should stop increasing calories for now. However, conventional wisdom tells me I should still take these small jumps.

Ok , OP, good come back. AS I see it your main concern is your diet and I have to reiterate that 3j is our guru ( professional ) in this. I recommend you to get in touch with him.

He is highly recognized by this forum.

That's all I got for ya. I'm old school and not good with diets.

OMM

Ok , OP, good come back. AS I see it your main concern is your diet and I have to reiterate that 3j is our guru ( professional ) in this. I recommend you to get in touch with him.

He is highly recognized by this forum.

That's all I got for ya. I'm old school and not good with diets.

OMM

Diet is not my concern exactly. I know my diet is dialed in. My question is the weight gain. Is this a normal rate on a test e cycle.

Diet is not my concern exactly. I know my diet is dialed in. My question is the weight gain. Is this a normal rate on a test e cycle.

Ok as I was trying to explain... Your weight gain is par for the course when keeping a cycle lean. The reason I believe most of us went into this diet n calorie topic with you because you are so concerned with your weight gains .

The answer to your Q is yes it is a normal gain. Since our muscles have so much water it is the natural process to gain some water weight just in the fact that you are building muscle. SO your gains sound appropriate a little mass with an appropriate amount of water included but not too much.

Myself I would top those calories at 3,500 and stay the course. Watch the mirror as the scale. remember if you are training correctly, eating correctly and getting appropriate rest , your body is building what muscle mass it can all the time. You can carry the water with or without. Any fast weight gains are water.

Doin good man, n Good Luck

OMM :nerd:

Yeah sounds good. Increased T = Increased glycogen and with that comes water. If the mirror shows you ain't puffy the water is inside your muscles. Which is good.

Injecting benching and getting it!

Keep us posted. We love this stuff.

why are you running different calories each day? high medium and low carb have very little to do with lowering or increasing calories.. its a manipulation of carbs and fats. the only time you should lower your calories is if it is a day you dont exercise..
Pre Cycle

Load cycle Support Supps

Cycle

Weeks 1-12 - Test E 500 mg (Sunday morning and Wednesday night pin)
Weeks 1-12 - Aromasin 12.5 ED (I have enough to dose ED is suggested)

Pre PCT

Weeks 12-14

HCG - 500 iu ED (first 10 days after last pin)

PCT

Weeks 14-18 - Nolva (40/40/20/20) Clomid (50/50/25/25)
Aromasin if needed

As far as diet goes, I carb and calorie cycle, he is what it looks like up to this point.

Week 1 154.4 lbs

High Carb - 3,450 cals (232 P/ 383 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,200 cals (232 P/ 313 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,950 cals (232 P/ 233 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,950 cals (232 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

Week 2 158.4 lbs

High Carb - 3,450 cals (236 P/ 383 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,200 cals (236 P/ 313 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,950 cals (236 P/ 233 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,950 cals (236 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

Week 3 - 159.6 (set some new PRs that week

High Carb - 3,475 cals (239 P/ 383 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,225 cals (239 P/ 313 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,975 cals (239 P/ 233 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 2,975 cals (239 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

Week 4 - 160.4 lbs

High Carb - 3,500 cals (241 P/ 386 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,250 cals (241 P/ 316 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 3,000 cals (241 P/ 236 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 3,050 cals (241 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

Week 5 - 162.2 lbs

High Carb - 3,525 cals (243 P/ 386 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Moderate Carb - 3,275 cals (243 P/ 316 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 3,025 cals (243 P/ 236 C/ The rest fat (2 times per week)
Low Carb - 3,025 cals (243 P/ <100C/ The rest fat (1 time per week)

As you see, I increased protein every week. I am eating 1.5g/lb of body weight. I increased carbs week 4. This type of nutrition works best for me. I have experimented with different types of eating practices, but this works well for my body. This is based off the Carb Cycling Codex on T-Nation I have been following it for years now. I am up 7.8 pounds in the first 5 weeks, tomorrow will start the 6th week.

So now the question is should I keep increasing calories, or just stick to where I am currently and just modify protein every week. Prior to cycling, I was following the same macros and calories as outlined in week one above, but barely gaining weight weekly. Is it safe to assume what I have gained so far is just glycogen and water? My goal is to bulk, but I do not want to become a sloppy mess. I don't mind putting some fat on, but would like to control it which is why I am thinking I should stop increasing calories for now. However, conventional wisdom tells me I should still take these small jumps.

why are you running different calories each day? high medium and low carb have very little to do with lowering or increasing calories.. its a manipulation of carbs and fats. the only time you should lower your calories is if it is a day you dont exercise..

Such a good point ^^^

Back