Fish Oil Will Kill You....

Lindsay IMT Staff

Fish oil is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are marketed to reduce the risk of just about everything from heart disease to Alzheimer’s. A recent study shows men who have the highest levels of these compounds – the kinds found in fish but not in vegetable sources -- have a higher risk of prostate cancer. Men with the very highest levels had a 71 percent higher risk of high-grade prostate cancer – the kind most likely to spread and kill, they report in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. IT'S SIGN THAT FISH OIL SUPPLEMENTATION IS NOT ONLY A WASTE OF MONEYIT'S A SERIOUS HEALTH RISK. AND EATING FISH TOO OFTEN MIGHT BE ALSO! A study in 2013...

Fish Oil Will Kill You! - Blog - Testosterone replacement & general men's health articles

:yumyum:

wow this is interesting. I can see both sides though, I mean they took blood on a bunch of people and those with the highest amount of fatty acids in blood had a 71% increased chance to get prostate cancer. I would say thats a pretty strong association, wether the ruled out probability for age and race or not.

Wouldn't PSA level be the best determining factoring in assessing risk of prostate cancer rather than predicating an entire study based on fatty acid alone? testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) raises risk too, but we don't shy away from it based on the potential risk... we get regular bloodwork done.

It would be interesting to have the same people reassessed for PSA and correlate elevated PSA levels and high fatty acid, then you have my attention!

Ugh, I wish that study would just die. Let me ask a question: If eating fish regularly increases the risk of prostate cancer, and Asians are chief consumers of fish, why do they have the lowest risk of prostate cancer? If anyone reads the actual study, you'll see that they selected folks that already had prostate cancer and then analyzed their blood profiles, as omega 3's are suggested to be a protectant against the effects of cancer, it only makes sense that folks already with the cancer would have elevated omega 3 concentrations in their blood.

My .02c ;)

I find these anti O3 websites and studies totally confusing. I mean aren't we getting WAAAAAY to much O6 nowadays? Why should taking 1-2 grams of fish oil per day be so terribly bad when the ratio of O6 to O3 in the western world is like 30:1?

I could understand it if people took 100gr fish oil per day but how can a 1-2 grams be so bad?

Back