food is the greatest anabolic in your arsenal

drewbolic

I came across this quote thought it very interesting.The full article is about bulking tips.

Getting Down and Dirty…Gaining Muscle Mass the Real World Way

Dante. Creator of the Doggcrapp method of training.

There was a study some years back which included 3 groups–elite sumo wrestlers who did no weight training whatsoever, advanced bodybuilders and advanced powerlifters–about 20 in each group. Now there is a lot of variables here but they took the lean muscle mass of each group and divided it by their height in inches. Surprisingly the sumo wrestlers came out well ahead of the powerlifters (2nd) and the bodybuilders (very close 3rd). This is a group who did no weight training at all but engorged themselves with food trying to bring their bodyweight up to dramatic levels. How is a group that is doing no weight training having more muscle mass per inch of height than powerlifters and bodybuilders? For anyone that doubts food is the greatest anabolic in your arsenal, you better get up to speed and on the same page as what my trainees have found out. Gee now what would happen if you actually ate to get dramatically larger like a sumo, but actually weight trained like a powerbuilder (which is what we train like), and also did enough cardio/carb cuttoffs etc to keep bodyfat at bay while doing all this? Are you guys coming around to how I think yet….in how to become the biggest bodybuilder at the quickest rate but keeping leanness on that journey?

it still amazes me that food being anabolic (meaning - creates muscle) amazes people. where do you expect the muscle to come from? air? soap? clothes? of course its food!

it still amazes me that food being anabolic (meaning - creates muscle) amazes people. where do you expect the muscle to come from? air? soap? clothes? of course its food!

D Im not surprised that food builds muscle.But a majority of ppl come to the conclusion to use AAS to gain mass and forget how important food is to produce new muscle.The thinking of AAS and nothing else will get me big and strong is a false notion.Just wanted to stir that conversation.

lmfao... people just dont know D.....

and sumo wrestlers go through a very intense training system... they dont just sit and eat..

D Im not surprised that food builds muscle.But a majority of ppl come to the conclusion to use AAS to gain mass and forget how important food is to produce new muscle.The thinking of AAS and nothing else will get me big and strong is a false notion.Just wanted to stir that conversation.

no harm intended drew. i just hear this alot and people are like, "awww shit daw, food is like drugs mayne."

but good input, people definitely need to know that food builds muscle.

Dante. Creator of the Doggcrapp method of training.

While I don't always agree with him and his training I won't say I haven't used some of his ideas on food, some of the best info was posted over on the intensemuscle roundtable / moderator forum behind public eyes. If I would have only been wise enough at the time to copy those discussions with homoncolus, massive g, dante, skip, King Kong, ect-

While I don't always agree with him and his training I won't say I haven't used some of his ideas on food, some of the best info was posted over on the intensemuscle roundtable / moderator forum behind public eyes. If I would have only been wise enough at the time to copy those discussions with homoncolus, massive g, dante, skip, King Kong, ect-

id love to get my hands on those convos...

thinking of sumo wrestlers! ive added sushi to my arsenal of anabolic goodies! im trying to consume on average 600-700 grams of random mixed sushi once a week. yum! :spin:

yea sushi is great! Its size is portable and fits in your pocket easily for snack time between meals!

Back