Foods good for hair growth?

The problem is most often stress and genetics. I'm sure we all have a good diet in general.

Only things that will help you hold on to your hair a little longer and shed less is finasteride, dutasteride and minoxidil.

If you're prone to MPB you will loose your hair sooner or later. The sooner you accept that fact the better you will feel and focus on more important things in life.

Folic acid and Biotin. I take 800mcg of b9 and 5000mcg of b7 and my hair is THICK!! Riboflavin is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor so that can help with MPB; almonds have lots of B2. Leafy greens and lots of carrots for B9 and B7.

Last edited:
More protein, I like fish and chicken. Also fats: avocados, nuts. This is what the body needs. If you have a lot of stress, try to avoid it, learn to rest. It's just as important as nutrition.

More protein, I like fish and chicken. Also fats: avocados, nuts. This is what the body needs. If you have a lot of stress, try to avoid it, learn to rest. It's just as important as nutrition.

when i get stressed out, i go volunteer at a homeless shelter in the kitchens and hand out food at meal times.
It makes me see how my problems are nothing compared to those who have no home or job. and it makes me feel good to help. when you help others you are helping yourself a wise man once said.

What foods have you had personal experience in getting your hair to grow and stay thick?
Not had the problem myself but I did find some useful tips for you. Foods that promote hair growth often contain nutrients like protein (found in eggs, fish, lean meats), biotin (in nuts, seeds, sweet potatoes), vitamins A, C, and E (in spinach, citrus fruits, almonds), and omega-3 fatty acids (in salmon, chia seeds, flaxseeds) which support healthy hair growth and strength.

foods that will help your hair grow faster
  • Beans and Legumes. Beans and legumes are full of protein, silica, Vitamin B and zinc which are all essential hair nourishing nutrients. ...
  • Sprouted Pea Protein. ...
  • Brown Rice. ...
  • Almonds. ...
  • Avocado. ...
  • Spinach. ...
  • Sunflower Seeds. ...
  • Chia Seeds.

Back