From the city of big delts =)

justatest

New member here from Chicago.

I'm a 29 y/o male and I still remember the first time I went to a gym when I was 6 years old at my dad's office for bring your kids to work day. I used light dumbbells and did body weight exercises in elementary school and junior high and it wasn't until high school that I started more dedicated weightlifting.

In my junior year of high school I checked out that huge Arnold's Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding from the library and I'm pretty sure I read it cover to cover. I started using some of what I learned from that, incorporating new exercises and eating a healthier diet and to my amazement my body started to transform.

In college I took advantage of my cafeteria meal plan to fight my high metabolism and started learning from powerlifters how to to perform a deadlift and squat which I had always been afraid of for fear of injury. I'm so glad I did that because I started growing muscles I never knew I had and have been able to pass on the knowledge to others.

Post-college I'll admit I've become a binge bodybuilder. My diet is sometimes great and sometimes terrible and I've taken long breaks from the gym, sometimes for months at a time.

With my 30th birthday coming up I've decided that what I really want as a gift is something that only I can give myself which is to reach my bodybuilding potential. I love reading about other members' dedication to their diets, training, recovery and supplementation and am happy to be a member of the community.

Back