General health with AAS usage

OnlyTheGreat

on my way
Hey guys,

If some of you can remember, I did a tren cycle a few months ago and came here seeking advice about my blood pressure (if I can remember it was 180/97). Well, I stopped that cycle, did pct and waited a few months to do another, thinking I'd try something milder like deca. I started deca about 4 weeks ago (deca 600mg test 250mg) and tested my blood pressure last week. I got an average of 155/75 so I am stopping this cycle and have come to the conclusion that I am predisposed to high blood pressure and should discontinue AAS. This is sad as I have always dreamed as a kid to be a competitive bodybuilder. I would do everything and anything to live my dream, but I cannot afford to have a heart attack or stroke as I also want a family one day. My doctor has given me blood pressure medication, but I want to be sure I can do AAS without my blood pressure going over 140 before I ever touch it again.

This has got me thinking though, are there any of you guys that suffer from blood pressure and still cycle? Also to anybody else, what supplements do you take daily to maintain good health while cycling? I purely take AI's and anything needed to combat sides, but I have heard of people using aspirin to prevent blood clots. I don't think that's necessary as a blood test will tell you when you're blood count is high. But, you can never stop learning.

So I would like to know what you guys take for general health, organs, blood pressure, etc. Basically anything to do with sides and risks of AAS usage. I could learn a lot from this but I think it could be beneficial for others as well. I have done a lot of research on AAS, but it's hard to find info on supplements that help with maintaining good health while cycling. I mean anything from joint support to vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, everything.

Any info will be much appreciated.

Lol I still read his old informational posts he made from time to time. This supplement guide he made is amazing it should keep you busy for a while reading it.

155 over 75 is high but what were the circumstances when u took it ? I can freak myself right into hypertension if I m freaked about it...add white coats and it s a guarantee to skew the numbers, badly.

AAS by nature cause water retention. Other issues could be placgue in your arteries...it s to hard to cancel all variable s to say AAS are what caused it however if your hyper sensitive to freaking urself out ( no offense) steroids may not be for you. Bloodwork only can determine why your bp s skewed such as to send u into a complete halt.

If your e2 to high you ll hold water like a preg. fat chick.

For bp fish oil help s w cholesterol...there s so many things that may cause it and to counter it but to say AAS are why your nmber s are high...SO high may be a bit pre-mature. Other smarter members with a more comprehensive understanding of ur particular issue and a much better vocabulary than I posses will assist you. Guaranteed.

I myself had quite high blood pressure a while back. I was given 10mg a day of lisinopril for it daily by doc which in fact did lower it but my main factor in it was diet and as Teutonic said working myself up in docs office. I hate white coats!!
Ive since been 3J and my diet is on point, training has been hard and still running pretty high dosages ( 750mg test e AND 600 Masteron a week) and blood pressure has been 127 / 85 as high end and 118 / 79 as low. Watch your meals and see what your actually eating it does have more effect than you realize.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

If some of you can remember, I did a tren cycle a few months ago and came here seeking advice about my blood pressure (if I can remember it was 180/97). Well, I stopped that cycle, did pct and waited a few months to do another, thinking I'd try something milder like deca. I started deca about 4 weeks ago (deca 600mg test 250mg) and tested my blood pressure last week. I got an average of 155/75 so I am stopping this cycle and have come to the conclusion that I am predisposed to high blood pressure and should discontinue AAS. This is sad as I have always dreamed as a kid to be a competitive bodybuilder. I would do everything and anything to live my dream, but I cannot afford to have a heart attack or stroke as I also want a family one day. My doctor has given me blood pressure medication, but I want to be sure I can do AAS without my blood pressure going over 140 before I ever touch it again.

This has got me thinking though, are there any of you guys that suffer from blood pressure and still cycle? Also to anybody else, what supplements do you take daily to maintain good health while cycling? I purely take AI's and anything needed to combat sides, but I have heard of people using aspirin to prevent blood clots. I don't think that's necessary as a blood test will tell you when you're blood count is high. But, you can never stop learning.

So I would like to know what you guys take for general health, organs, blood pressure, etc. Basically anything to do with sides and risks of AAS usage. I could learn a lot from this but I think it could be beneficial for others as well. I have done a lot of research on AAS, but it's hard to find info on supplements that help with maintaining good health while cycling. I mean anything from joint support to vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, everything.

Any info will be much appreciated.

Good topics to bring up for sure, and great reads by Austinite.

Back