Get fat bulk diets

iron addict

Here is something many of you don't realize about the bulk at any cost diets and those that expouse them. MANY of the guys, including a lot of the EXPERTS that talk about how its OK to let quite a bit of bodyfat come along when adding mass, have NEVER, or at least not since they were beginners dieted without the use of drugs. Yes, a clean trainee can diet down while adding muscle and dropping bodyfat. But its a lot slower, and necassarily more refined process than the guys that do gear/accessory drugs. And if you don't know exactly what you are doing, you will likely shrink. The guys that do a lot of gear while dieting can drop bodyfat FAST, while often adding a good bit of muscle.

While there is nothing wrong with adding a bit of bodyfat while bulking, if it's more fat than muscle, which is VERY OFTEN the case. You might want to rethink your plan. Especially if you are training clean.

Iron Addict

I couldn't agree more thats why my bulking program is over 8 months of the year, slow and steady progress with a clean diet of lots of healthy food, with intense strength training will make for leaner and bigger mass gains.

Last edited:
Personally i prefer the feeling of being full and looking big instead of feeling like a skinny little boy. i like my food, i dont mind having a drink every now and again and i like being normal. way to many ppl look at me and jump the opposite way when im lean and shredded.

personal choice though

iron addict said:
Here is something many of you don't realize about the bulk at any cost diets and those that expouse them. MANY of the guys, including a lot of the EXPERTS that talk about how its OK to let quite a bit of bodyfat come along when adding mass, have NEVER, or at least not since they were beginners dieted without the use of drugs. Yes, a clean trainee can diet down while adding muscle and dropping bodyfat. But its a lot slower, and necassarily more refined process than the guys that do gear/accessory drugs. And if you don't know exactly what you are doing, you will likely shrink. The guys that do a lot of gear while dieting can drop bodyfat FAST, while often adding a good bit of muscle.

While there is nothing wrong with adding a bit of bodyfat while bulking, if it's more fat than muscle, which is VERY OFTEN the case. You might want to rethink your plan. Especially if you are training clean.

Iron Addict

IA, how much added bodyfat should be considered too much? And I got a bit confused from your post........I don't know if you were leaning toward a clean cutting diet, or one with assistance from a substance. I have personally added a little bodyfat since I started bulking in June. Alot of it may be fluid from the one and a half gallons of milk I drink a day, but I don't know how to tell that. When I started, I was so worried about adding bodyfat that it was stressing me out. Someone showed me an article about not maximizing your gains if you didn't gain some fat as well, and it made the stress subside to an extent. I don't eat like a hog at a slop trough, but I don't eat grilled chicken with mixed veggies at every meal either. I eat comfortably, I drink my gallon and a half of milk a day, and I train hard. Through all this, I have seen some extra bodyfat. Not EVEN close to the amount of muscle added, but it is a significant amount. Probably close to a 2-3% gain. I'm 5'9" and up to 210lbs from 170-175 in June. This is all natural so far(except for a small amount of androsteinedione back in June) - I have not started a cycle yet, but plan to in January/February. My question, should I be concerned about the gain in bodyfat? Or should I consider it an acceptable side effect, and let it go?

Semper Fi

That decision is up tothe individual. I know some competitors that look simply amazing on contest day. The other 8-10 months of the year, you would hardly know they lift weights, they are just basically bulky fat guys. It works for them, so no one can call it wrong. But MOST people are not competitors and do this so they can be healtier and have a great body. I think anytime you are not sowing any abs you are too fat, but that is me, and my ideal for others. anytime I don't have at LEAST a 4 pack, I am getting too fat, but that is a little extreme for the guys that are not already carrying a lot of muscle. I like to see guys bulk to 12-14% and cut to 6-10%. If it's done right you stay lean year round and are able to add mass year round. Doing drugs makes it easier to drop the bodyfat FAST while maintaining or adding muscle while doing it. Training clean makes getting from 18% to 8% a real chore for most with average metabolisms.

Iron Addict

Back