skinny looking dude Diet help

giaym

Hi, im 36yo, 5 ft. 11, 159.17 pounds. My torso is okay to look at (as in not fat nor skinny) but Im very very lean, almost late teenager-like, specially shoulders and arms overall. Legs are also very not muscular, have lesions on both knees so theres a few exercises I just cant do with any weight but my body (and even then). For legs Im used to just go on the elliptical since it doesnt affect my knees (start no resistance, increase to max over 15 mins, sweat a lot).

Used to be bigger when younger (180ish) but suffered from constipations often (too much food), it turned into an hernia from pushing in the end, couldnt eat, bleh, couldnt breathe, lost a lot of weight, now I have it more controlled, so with some belt protection I feel I can pull it off. I've been mock weight exercising without weights and was just fine.

My diet currently is water when I wake up.
2hr later Breakfast: half a walnut, half a pecan, four almonds, a soup spoonful of dried blueberries/cranberries, one dried plum, one dried apricot, 330ml industrial quality fruit juice (any fruit, not naturally prepared).
3 hr later: Half of a restaurant bought lunch: rice, beans (any), a meat portion (chicken, lamb, cow), varied small entree equivalent to 100gr corn in mass, 330ml fruit juice (repeat)
3hr later: repeat of breakfast, replace juice with 330ml probiotic yogurt.
3hr later: other half of lunch, juice again.
2hr later: water if thirsty, rarely some snack (one fruit or whatever theres around)

I fear if I double up my lunch + dinner I may overexert my guts. Diet is not for training, its for healing my guts, the nuts may have given me enough biotin to stop losing hair too! I can clearly replace the drinks with suplements, but Im not sure how to rearrange this. Any ideas? dont need to go hardcore, having a good diet for a decent looking body while not giving up future health would be great.

how tall are you and whats your bf%? this looks like a supermodel diet. and we know what they all look like. and if you want to heal your gut, nuts that have sharp edges is the last thing you want to digest.
carbs, soups, pastas etc. and lots and lots of fruits that have soft fibers dude.

cut back on the walnut to 1/4 of a walnut. and 1/4 of a pecan. it will do you better. and with this diet your bound to get back into having constipation.
learn how to eat. View attachment 567921 :wavey:
actually, going like a baby for the second year

no idea how does this work, but seems to do, also, I was banned from pastas and other bakery/flour stuff like that by the same doc, its supposed to mess up my flora

I dont have ulcers or other bleeding wounds so the hard edges should not cause much trouble, its not glass or bone spikes, I dont eat the shells, and I do chew.

how tall are you and whats your bf%? this looks like a supermodel diet. and we know what they all look like. and if you want to heal your gut, nuts that have sharp edges is the last thing you want to digest.
carbs, soups, pastas etc. and lots and lots of fruits that have soft fibers dude.
I'm not THAT skinny (thinking female models, not sure how skinny males get), but ppl have mocked my now baby arms, and my legs have always been "skipped leg day" due to the lesions, so... yeah I guess.
5 ft. 11
16 to 18.5% bf, no exercise

I was in extreme pain and in bed for a while, so no need for the doc to give a high cal diet I guess. For an hernia, the main wound is on the muscle wall from which the intestines pop out from. If the intestines get squeezed after popping the tissue can die from lack of blood flow and you should die, the dead tissue would probably get damaged a lot from nut pieces. But considering Im still here I guess that didnt happen. If I increase the volume I eat or it is hard to pass it could make the hernia pop again with more ease, maybe even get blocked.

I have actually done a fruit diet like a couple decades ago. Imagine eating only grapes breakfast, lunch and dinner (yes, done a lot of crap), needless to say, too much volume (or fiber?) does lead to constipation or constipation-like outcomes too. I am eating fruits with the nuts, they are just dehydrated.

Last edited:
If you're looking to bulk up and gain some muscle, focus on a diet that includes plenty of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Eat meals throughout the day with protein-rich foods like meat, fish, eggs, and dairy. Get your carbs from whole grains, fruits, and veggies, and don't forget about healthy fats from nuts, seeds, and oils. And remember, consistency is key.

Back