Getting cortisone shot in neck, spine Thurs a.m.

DangerousGrounds

I not looking forward to it can't be as bad as MRI in shoulder, no anesthesia just put a 22 ga catheter in right shoulder to inject dye. It was about 3" inches long I was sweating like a mo-fo especially watching the expression of pain on the 2 nurses face's as I tried to occupy my time and look at them.

I'm no pussy but damn I wish I would have been given some pain meds before-hand.

I hope it help with shoulder pain from 2 bulged disks and bone spurs pushing pressure and cutting off almost my whole nerve near base of neck.

I can't sleep at this time....

:40oz:

thanks leaving in an hr for Cevical Epidural Cortizone injection.

Kind of getting sick to stomach thinking about it...

When its over a few Big Mac's!

Hey DG,

I hope all goes well for you Bro!

I have had quite a few cortisone injections in my shoulders....but I can't imaging taking one in the spine.

DangerousGrounds said:
thanks leaving in an hr for Cevical Epidural Cortizone injection.

Kind of getting sick to stomach thinking about it...

When its over a few Big Mac's!

Hey bro,
Just saw this. hope everything went well, as I'm sure it did. Let us know.

Thanks for conern BuffDoc
I pussed out and with Dr agreeing a slight sedative would be better in area that I need shot.
It will be next Thursday now.

I did eat 2 big macs for 2.00
:)

sorry doesnt help you bro , but its all i can do , remember if you dont cry they might give you a lolli pop

eagle_lex said:
what cause the injury??? hope you feel better!!

yrs of heavy weightlifting and hard physical labor caused bone spurs and bulged disks. Partial tear of rotator cuff in right shoulder.

I can't put my finger on 1 incident which it occurred but has been bothering me a long time my short-term disability is about ready to stop and I have no choice but to say I'm 100% and go back to hard labor again.
I dread that!

Back