Getting frustrated with capping

GymLift

I'm loosing an unacceptable amount of powder that is falling through on the edges of the caps. Put simply, the caps are too small. I don't know if the heat in storage made the gel caps shrink or what.

I just mixed .8g of dbol with 17g of dextrose and it didn't even fill the caps up, but previous experience says that <17g of just dextrose should have filled them all the way up.

Maybe this piece of shit scale is to blame. I can easily weigh something three different times and get different numbers each time.

Well, I can't blame the scale for all the powder that is falling below the caps.

I don't think the scale is to blame. It isn't the most accurate thing, but it isn't off by an entire gram or anything like that. I mainly mentioned the scale because I am frustrated with it. I can easily weight something, take it off the scale, but it back on the scale, and get a slightly different weight ... but we're talking about +/- .1 or maybe .2 grams.

I'm not sure if there is a brand-name for my scale. It seems like all of the scales on eBay are probably made by the same company. I'll buy a 0.01g accuracy scale off eBay as well and use that when measuring smaller doses of things .... I think that should resolve that issue.

I'm using the Cap-M-Quik capsule machine. My first batches with it went really well, so I suspect that the gelcaps have shrunk just a little bit as they've been in a very hot room over the summer. Although, the gel caps still come apart easily, so I dunno. I'll probably send Cap-M-Quik an email and see what they say. Maybe I'll even buy some new caps (size '1').

capsuline.com have better capsule machines maybe i´ll get the machine that caps 180 at a time

Perfection Awaits said:
I have heard MANY complaints with cap-m-quick. I have heard The Capsule Machine is the way to go.
Definately! I have a '00' capsule machine (love it) and recently got a '000' cap-m-quick...took me about 2 rounds with the cap-m-quick b/f I wanted to throw it out the window!!

DocJ said:
Definately! I have a '00' capsule machine (love it) and recently got a '000' cap-m-quick...took me about 2 rounds with the cap-m-quick b/f I wanted to throw it out the window!!
What is your complaint about it? That the powder was falling through or something else?

mranak said:
What is your complaint about it? That the powder was falling through or something else?
Yes, when you drop down the tray you have to put the cap on perfectly in order to not knock off powder from the top of the cap. The only solution I can see is to pack the shit out of the powder with the tamping tool and then hopefully it won't matter when powder gets knocked off. Of course then you have to cross your fingers that the cap contains the correct mg amount.

Last edited:
DocJ said:
Yes, when you drop down the tray you have to put the cap on perfectly in order to not knock off powder from the top of the cap. The only solution I can see is to pack the shit out of the powder with the tamping tool and then hopefully it won't matter when powder gets knocked off. Of course then you have to cross your fingers that the cap contains the correct mg amount.
Other capping machines don't have this problem?

$200 for a 180 cap machine... Fuck that.

I'll stick to my Cap-M-Quick.

I also lose a bit of product when I cap. I am going to try some slightly larger caps next time and see how that goes.

Easto said:
$200 for a 180 cap machine... Fuck that.

I'll stick to my Cap-M-Quick.

I also lose a bit of product when I cap. I am going to try some slightly larger caps next time and see how that goes.
What size cap machine do you have?

Let me know what happens with the slightly larger caps. If size '0' caps fit into my size '1' capsule machine, then I'll go with that.

Back