GREAT read on IGF for those interested

Thanks for looking out for me johny....you are a good brother.

I have been reading about long r3 right along, including the insulin issue. I just haven't talked to anyone who has actually use the stuff the way I want to use it. A non-diabetic using modest doses of insulin should be ok, I would think.
But to use fast or slow insulin?
Also, how does this stuff effect the feedback defenses of the endocrine system? ExoGH negatively impacts natural IGF-1 and insulin sensitivity. Excess IGF-1, stimulated by exoGH or steroids, negatively impacts endoGH. It's confusing enough.....what is the overall impact of long r3?
This is why I look for reports from people I know who use the drug in a stack the way I would. I'm never going to use it alone, nor GH for that matter, so reports of it's solo results don't help me.
This certainly an interesting topic and some good info here. Steroidology is moving to the the top of my list of favorite boards. Great mods like drvee and members like mr juice.

Ironmaster,
From what i was told, exogenous Igf-1 will cause your body to lower its gh output. This comes from some articles i read on it, and what a pro-level guy told my friend. The pro dude says he uses 40mcg a day of igf-1 for 4 weeks, along with 1 i.u. of growth a day for his cycle bridges. The Igf-1 apparently brings your nuts right back online. This is where i got the dosage and gains report from. He said at that dosage, he put on about 4-5lbs lean mass, and leaned up a bit. He said his sack came right back as well The guy was honest about his usage, and said this is what he saw as results. I would imagine someone under his level of development (i.e. myself) would hopefully see some more gains then that, since i am not well beyond my genetics at this point. I still make nice gains on 500mgs of test alone. We will see. I will try and find out about that insulin question for you. When i get an answer (i have to relay it through my friend) i will let you know.

Pie in the sky?

The following I excerpted from a Q & A with Author Rea, who wrote a book "Chemical Muscle Enhancement", which is being marketed through Elite Fitness.

It sounds really pie in the sky, and unfortunately hints at methods of administration that are not discussed (I guess you have to buy the book to get the methodology), but it is interesting at least.

The link is http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/author12.htm

What's the big deal about IGF-1? That stuff costs big bucks. Isn't hGH better anyway?

Better is always a relative point in the world of hard-core chemical muscle enhancement. What if I told you that due to correct application of IGF-1 I once added 16 lbs of new lean tissue in only 28 days and got harder... without any AAS? This is not regrowth after a long lay-off. This was after a mass gaining protocol employing AAS. Several others have of course had similar experiences as well... with the correct application of IGF-1.

To begin with let it be said that GH can have profound positive effects upon any athlete's musculature if the protocol is sound and takes into account the body's Action/Reaction Factors. This simply means that the best results can be obtained when an athlete's physiology is working with, instead of against, the chemistry employed. To be even more blunt, it often amazes me how many hard-core athletes will administer a couple of grams of androgens weekly in conjunction with substances that actually block androgen receptors or activity. Action/Reaction Factors must be anticipated and correctly responded to.

The Right IGF-1?

A point of issue that is directly of interest here is choosing between IGF-1 and Long R-3 IGF-1. It seems often forgotten that hormones are either unbound/free or bound/inactive. An unbound/free hormone can merge with its receptor and do its thing (Like IGF-1 triggers major muscle anabolism). A bound/inactive hormone is too fat and misshaped to merge, but it does have a longer active and half-life. (Huh?) IGF-1 has an active-life of only a few minutes in its unbound/free state but has an active-life of about 12 hours in its bound/inactive state…but the latter has no activity or anabolic value because it is fat due to a binding protein attached.

A Proper Amount of S & M... Please

The S & M team that ties up IGF-1 are called binding proteins. In particular we are focusing on the binding protein IGF-1BP-3. It would seem that if all of our super anabolic IGF-1 was unbound we could grow to Mr. Olympia proportions overnight. Sadly this is not true. When a hormone is active/unbound, as it travels around the circulatory system it can be destroyed rather easily by the liver.

If we were speaking of naturally produced (endogenous) or common pharmacological parental (injectable & exogenous) IGF-1 this would be a bad idea as the body's cells (like muscle and stuff) need a prolonged and multiple periods of exposure to IGF-1 to trigger a significant degree of growth.

So maybe the goal would be to adjust the amount of IGF-1BP-3 in the body to a point where less is destroyed by the liver, yet more is active. Hmmm?

Enter Long R-3 IGF-1

No, this is not some irritating robot in the Star Wars prequels, and I did not name the stuff either. Long R-3 IGF-1 is several more times potent then regular IGF-1. In fact it would require a few milligrams of regular IGF-1 to equal only 50 micrograms of Long R-3 IGF-1 in activity and results. Think about that: 1 milligram (mg) = 1000 micrograms (mcg). That is powerful stuff. Long R-3 IGF-1 is resistant to binding proteins. In particular to IGF-1BP-3. The result of use of this super anabolic is less available binding proteins yet more activity. This translates into a lot of lean muscle growth. Personally I have always been a little awed by its effects. Like what, you ask? How about 16-20 pounds of new lean mass in only 28 days? And this is the effect upon experienced Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) (Anabolic Androgenic Steroid) users! Not enough? Most get leaner and more vascular as they grow. AND STRONGER!

Ya, that is a pretty big deal... and a little scary as well.

damn, that was it? no other opinions?

I was looking at getting Rea's ebook but didnt know enough about him. anyone read it?

Back