Hair loss from steroids! Help I'm a new to this

Woodymartz95

Hey guys I'm 22 years of age and have a great set of hair it's so thick , but I ran anavar for 4/5 weeks 50mg and about week and half ago I noticed my hair feel thin and I. Was shedding hair , and I slightly receeded a little , obv this scared me, nothing is noticeable at all, but I stopped taking them straight away as I had read on the internet about steroids causing mbp, but I'm a week in after stopping and today I have no hair she's at all, my hair on top actually feels thicker, I've only used nizoral 1 percent twice since coming off, but I have a hormonal imbalance I'm sure as I suffer with gyno, do you think my hair loss could of been hormone related and accelerated more by the steroids ? Like I say I'm only a week in post cycle but things are dramatically a lot better as when I run my hands through my hair I get nothing , as of a couple of days ago I would at least see 5 hairs each time. Any advice would be greatv

Anavar is very similar in molecular structure to DHT, which is the primary culprit in causing baldness for those predisposed to mpb. The only difference is a methyl group at C17 which makes it into an oral steroid, and an oxygen at where C2 is in DHT.

So perhaps you are susceptible to mpb, and anavar is not for you.

Okay I understand that and I accept I may be susceptible to mpb, but I can't find answers or info anywhere about information on what happens if I stop taking anavar, I have stopped for over 1 week and 3 days the shedding has stopped quite a bit but still there's days I see my hair shed , will it eventually stop when all dht levels drop ? How long will dht levels take to go back to normal.

Okay I accept I'm susceptible, but now I have stopped the anavar will the hair shedding stop , it's stopped a bit but I still shed a little I'm 1 week 3 days since I took my last var, and i do worry a lot over everything, and I'm very impatient, I just want to know the correct thing to do, i willl never touch steroids again as My hair is more important to me

Anavar is dihydrotestosterone (DHT) derived steroid & yes it is the main cause of hair loss. Even if you have stopped taking Anavar your DHT levels may be still high after that. So you should consult with a doctor who can pprescribe you medicine to reduce your DHT level. In this way you can stop further hair loss.

Back