Hair loss while on TRT...........

The treatment options are (unless I'm forgetting something):

* minoxidil
* ketoconazole shampoo (nizoral)
* propecia

If you're prone to MPB, TRT can speed up the process (I think this has happened in my case).

I used the shampoo and minoxidil for a while, but I'm not sure it did any good. Probably at best it will slow down the process a bit.

Propecia is more likely to be effective, but it carries way more risk of side effects and may disqualify you from donating blood which will complicate managing your hct.

In my case, it's kind of a lost cause and I've been clipping my hair shorter and shorter, basically to just a stubble because I prefer the look of bald to balding. I'm considering scalp micro pigmentation.

I've had it, when my hair gets long. I have to keep it really short. Basically, if its not short, it will come out easy.

I was shocked by how quickly I started losing my hair after starting TRT. I started seeing very noticeable losses after just 90 days on a very low dosage. Well, technically I'm not losing it, it's just leaving my noggin and sprouting in new, unexpected areas.

Before you consider using Propecia, search youtube for horror stories. Lots of people claim it causes irreparable harm, ruins their lives. It might be BS, but I'm not willing to risk it over vanity. I have one messed up looking cranium (a divot from a fractured skull, lots of scars and a generally unflattering shape), but I'd rather deal with that over the possibility of dealing with additional life altering problems.

Last edited:
Thing is those that are prone to boldness, the increase in T and conversion to DHT might accelerate your hair loss. Thing is, DHT can make you lose hair on your head, but might inturn increase beard growth... You often see bold guys with beards, it might be a trend thing, but it could also be that they geneticly just grow beard better due to high DHT, wich is also their cause for boldness.

Basicly before starting on trt, i lost my beard for unknown reasons. Beard became thing, and did get some baldish spots! Ive been on Nebido for 14days now and hope to see some progress in my beard again... I had alot of honor in my beard, but now i simply cant grow it...
Anyone got something about this?

I was really very surprised when I noticed that at once my hair start loosing and I saw that some baldness shown in the front of my head scalp. I have used the Propecia for the continuous growth of the hair and stop the hair loss problems. The Propecia will give me a result in the starting, but after that it start loosing hair in larger amount. I have consult with the hair surgeon regarding the hair loss problems. He assured me to get the back for permanently through the hair transplant surgery. I have done the hair transplant In India and I have noticed the positive results.

Strong first post. Hair Transplants can be a solution for some but there are far more negative stories than positive with that. Anyways, I have a pretty weak beard as well, it is patchy but can fill in somewhat if kept short. I would love to be able to grow a thick beard because of TRT. We will see!

The hair loss problems can be cured by using the healthy diet supplements, which contains the Vitamins, Proteins and minerals for the proper growth of the hair. The hair loss problems can be increased due to the improper care of the hair from pollution and not washing the hair with best shampoo. The hair massage with the oil is also important for the hair to grow faster.

Last edited:
The hair loss problems can be cured by using the healthy diet supplements, which contains the Vitamins, Proteins and minerals for the proper growth of the hair.

Not true. If you have the genetic markers for Male Pattern Baldness, nothing you can do will prevent you from losing your hair. You cannot win over genetics (yet).

The hair loss problems can be cured by using the healthy diet supplements, which contains the Vitamins, Proteins and minerals for the proper growth of the hair. The hair loss problems can be increased due to the improper care of the hair from pollution and not washing the hair with best shampoo. The hair massage with the oil is also important for the hair to grow faster.

Is this real life? Are you serious?

I've lost some hair while on TRT and it was always when I was taking high doses of HCG.

Do you take HCG? What is your routine?

Propecia is finasteride. According to Jimi (and he knows his shit) there is a lot lower risk of sexual dysfunction side effects with Dutasteride - something to consider if propecia/fina is killing your dick.

From my understanding, isn't it caused from a build up of dihydrtestosterone. Isn't Rogaine shampoo supposed to release that? Anyone try something as simple as switching to Rogaine shampoo??

From my understanding, isn't it caused from a build up of dihydrtestosterone. Isn't Rogaine shampoo supposed to release that? Anyone try something as simple as switching to Rogaine shampoo??

I've never heard of Rogaine making a shampoo. Rogaine is a topical drug applied to the scalp and does not affect DHT, the active ingredient (minoxidil) just stimulates hair growth.

You may be thinking of Nizoral shampoo (active ingr = ketaconazole.) That is a topical DHT inhibitor.

I've never heard of Rogaine making a shampoo. Rogaine is a topical drug applied to the scalp and does not affect DHT, the active ingredient (minoxidil) just stimulates hair growth.

You may be thinking of Nizoral shampoo (active ingr = ketaconazole.) That is a topical DHT inhibitor.

Does Nizoral actually work? A combo of it and rogaine sounds like a winner.

Does Nizoral actually work? A combo of it and rogaine sounds like a winner.

Would like to know as well. Just started minoxidil this week as i was already starting to bald even before starting TRT. If I my hair falls out with a TT of 190, then I really nervous what is going to happen now that I'm on TRT with a TT of ~700.

Back