Hand Vacuum Pump - How does it work?

legend05

Thumbs are killing me and looking for an easier way to filter into sterile vials, dont want to have to sterilize/crimp the vials myself!

COuld i use a hand vacuum pump to filter into pre-sealed sterile vials?

Dont want to use the chalk gun method either ;)

Any help greatly appreciated

Can i transfer it into pre sealed sterile vials without it coming into contact with the air after filtering?

Just thought that after filtering you wouldn’t want the final product to come in contact with air due to possible contamination risk?!

as long as you in an area that has very little to no air flow you OK. make sure everything is realtively clean as well.

tommy_big_guns said:
the vacumm pump will work with .45 filters .....I tried .22 and it didn't work

yo may not have a complete air tight seal. you using a warm solution to filter? 22s should work fine with vacuum. you using syringe filters, right?

I used a stericup last nite. Did 250ml of eq and 1000ml of prop. Took long time to filter. I wanted to keep the pressure low just to be safe. It was hands free tho and i would def. use it again. I got my pump at autozone for 29.99. The only con was transfering from the 1009ml flask to my vials. Once it got below the 400ml mark it was hard to get out. But if your filter large volume i give the stericup/vaccum pump system a B+. PM if you have any Qs.

Also, I used a pre filter and my oil wasnt very warm. Thats also a reason why it prob. took so long.

I use a pump from a brake bleeding kit (Candian Tire)... it works with .22s and warm oil... a LITTLE presure on the syringe and it goes ok (careful, you'll blow out the filter if you go to hard)... still pretty slow though...

Just as an aside: UG juice is pretty cheap, I've got some powders still kicking around but just got sick of the work so I haven't made any in a long time.

Back