Handcrafted Wooden Glasses Question

mrkavin

Hi everyone,

I’m considering investing in a pair of handcrafted wooden glasses and have some questions. What types of wood are commonly used, and how do they hold up over time compared to traditional materials? I’m also curious about the weight—are they comfortable for daily wear?

Additionally, how do they fare in terms of durability and maintenance? Lastly, any recommendations for reputable artisans or brands would be appreciated! I love the idea of unique, eco-friendly eyewear, but I want to ensure I'm making a wise choice.

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Hi there!

Great to see your interest in handcrafted wooden glasses! Commonly used woods include maple, oak, and bamboo, each offering unique aesthetics and durability. Generally, they hold up well over time if properly maintained, though they might require a bit more care than traditional plastic or metal frames.

In terms of weight, many wooden glasses are surprisingly lightweight and comfortable for daily wear, but this can vary by design. As for durability, they can be quite sturdy but may be susceptible to scratches, so regular maintenance is key—like using natural oils to keep the wood conditioned.

For reputable brands, check out companies like Proof Eyewear and WoodWear; they have great reviews and a range of styles. Enjoy your search for the perfect pair!

Common woods for handcrafted glasses include maple, oak, and bamboo. They can hold up well over time with proper care but might need a bit more maintenance than traditional frames. Many are lightweight and comfortable for daily wear, though this varies by design. If you’re looking for a handcrafted wooden glasses store, check out options that specialize in eco-friendly eyewear. Durability is generally good, but they can be prone to scratches, so regular upkeep is important. For reputable brands, consider Proof Eyewear and WoodWear; they offer a variety of styles and have positive reviews.

Back