Has anyone tried these filters?

I used these filters now and i love them very easy to work with filters real good easy flow yes i recomend them

Are these comparable in terms of filter quality to the whatman regular filters?? I tried the millipore when they were out of whatman and they were total garbage. I think I could have done a better job trying to filter the shit through my shirt.

They filter 100ml and yes they are much better then the regular milliapore filters i hate them also they crack easy when filtering but these filters im telling you it flows very easy when you filter and it can filter 100ml ,try it i´ll get me some more,here is some info from the web site where they are sold:

The Millipore SteriVex PVDF Filter Unit .22 µm has more than double the filtering surface area of normal syringe filters making it capable of processing 3 times the volume while requiring significantly less pressure to operate.

Sterivex filter units work with syringes, peristaltic pumps or pressure vessels. They eliminate the risk of contamination associated with decanting or pipetting and are designed to dispense into virtually any storage container. These Sterivex units have a male Luer-lok outlets that accept any normal needle.

Anyone else ever tried these? The millipore syringe filters are shit. They crack like a crackhead. How much would these filter compared to regular watman?

For a Syringe filter, these are by far the best on the seen, I have used every syringe filter out there, and these at least let my thumb have feeling after a simple 20ml’s of filtering. Yes you pay for it! But worth ever $$, and most of the top home brewers know were to get there lab gear such as these at the right price. I have been looking at some of the new lab supply sites popping up, and there prices are crazy, and not to mention these guys do not give details on there equipment IE vial Dimensions Ect. Hands down on these filters, for syringe that is, they are the shit.

ive always used whatmans....ill be brewing soon ill give these a try can someone PM me a link to supply site who carries these for a good price?

bmass said:
They filter 100ml and yes they are much better then the regular milliapore filters i hate them also they crack easy when filtering but these filters im telling you it flows very easy when you filter and it can filter 100ml ,try it i´ll get me some more,here is some info from the web site where they are sold:

The Millipore SteriVex PVDF Filter Unit .22 µm has more than double the filtering surface area of normal syringe filters making it capable of processing 3 times the volume while requiring significantly less pressure to operate.

Sterivex filter units work with syringes, peristaltic pumps or pressure vessels. They eliminate the risk of contamination associated with decanting or pipetting and are designed to dispense into virtually any storage container. These Sterivex units have a male Luer-lok outlets that accept any normal needle.

So, is the .22 easy to filter with? I haven't made a decision between buying the .22 or .45. The .22 on the Whatman I felt flowed too slowly. I want to filter quickly. Can I do that using the .22 on this model filter?

Sterivex is filtering quickly... But a bit expensive for me...

@AussieThunder:
.45s are always faster. .22s are always safer. Thats simle... .22s holds the bacterias, gadflys and other shits in your sovent. But .45s dont.. So i always use .22s..

I have also been seeing a new type of system hitting the market, the glass vacuum flasks, with the Bunchner Funnels, with a rubber plug that seals the funnel into the vacuum flask and has just a simple hand pump on it. My supplier has it, and seen it on ebay once a few months back. all you do is place your Millipore Filter disc right in the funnel (the bunchner funnel is set up this way) and it filters with little effort and you can filter your oil and solvent when they are hot. Not to bad price wise, and you only have to replace the filter membrane itself, unlike the stericup system, that is one time use only. I have used in several of my last brews and it is nice. I will try to place a pic on the site for all to see.

Found pic

this is the system. My digital camera does not work, but this is what my system looks like.

Back