Has my gear been seized? Not sure what's going on

thatwascool

Hey guys, don't know what the hell is going on. Been waiting on a packag coming in from over seas for about 3 weeks now. Checked my tracking number and it said it was in my city, and on its way to my house on the 11th.. It's still not here, and still says its on its way to my destination.

So I called the post office to see what was going on. The lady told me that it had been shipped back to recirculation. And would possibly go back to the sender from there.. When I asked her why, she said maybe the address on the package was wrong, she had never seen anything like that before. I know the address has to be right because they have sent me my other two packages, this was the last one from one order.

Not sure what's going on, and I'm not very happy about it. Emailed the suppliers, they have yet to get back to me.

Has my package been seized?

Normally when I'm not there they leave me a note and I'll go pick it up from the post office. I don't know Oklahoma laws well enough to say if I'll get "arrested" all that was in the package was pct stuff any way.

It's freaking me out regardless

I had this happen to a package I was expecting once. Somehow, my unit number was missing from the package AND my regular carrier was on vacation. Had he been around, he would have known my unit number due to my name. But since the unit number was missing the USPS sent it back to the sender as undeliverable. They do not contact anyone for more info, then just return it. It was a shofar, so certainly nothing illegal or illicit.

I suspect there was simply a label printing issue and that is the cause of all this. If it makes it to your local post office it has either already passed customs inspection or they want to arrest you. If they want to arrest you, they would wait for you to take possession of the package so they can add a lot more charges, so it is almost certainly not due to the contents of what was being shipped to you. I would not worry about that aspect of it.

This same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I was totally confused because I had never seen anything like that before. The package left from one side of the world, it arrived on my side of the world. It then went to different states, then it went back to where it came from. I emailed the guy and he had to resend it, it actually came quicker the second time around.

Sounds like it was a miscommunication at the post office. Packages are typically seized by customs, and they wouldn't seize it just to send it to your local post office. Also if it was seized by customs, they would eventually send you a letter stating it was.

Back