Help needed?

NAS

Hey everybody, I need some advice, help, critiscism, anything!

Basically, im 11 stones, carrying excess fat around thr abdominal region.

Ive been out of training due to injury, just recovering now and am ready to train, get fit, cut up n big!

Now, Im 20 years of age and am a student. Basically, I just want to lose fat, am aware that it wont necesarrily come of my stomach.

However, Ive devised up a training programme...

Mon, Wed, Fri....OR Tues, Thurs, Sat..Weight training...starting of slowly and progressively working my way up.

Now Im thinking of doing cardio for 6 days a week with rest on sunday.
Im thinking of 1 hour sessions everyday.

My questions are:

Should I do cardio as soon as i finish the weight trainig session?

Also, im thinking of consuming approx 2000-2500kcal a day...obviously Il b doing trial n error..so if im not losing Xlbs a week, il adjust the figure.
My daily intake of food will prob b like this

Breakfast

Weetabix (2biscuits), 2 tsp sugar OR
2 slices of wholemeal bread with some healthy spread

LA Whey protein shake with milk (48g serving)

Lunch

A Tuna with 1000 island dressing sandwich( Wholemeal bread)

Any other suggestions?

Main meal

1 chappati with either red meat or chicken
LA Whey shake again

Also, i will throw in some snacks in between.

Now can you bros recommend some decent snacks or extra food i can throw in there?

Also, before weight trainig session should i consume a protein shake?

After weight, again but mixed with water for faster absorption?

Also, whats the best pre n post cardio meals to take?

Please any advice, criticism is kindly accepted?

A stone is what, 14lbs? And how tall are you? It would probably help if everyone knew what your dimensions are.

Okay, firstly, how much do you weigh in pounds or kg's? I'm a little confused with the stones thing.:)

Okay, well let's make this simple. You want one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, divided amongst your meals for the day.
That'll do your protein. Now, I'd get my complex carbs from better sources than breads, especially if you're holding fat on the abs now. Go with yams, potatoes, rice, oatmeal.
Make sure you're taking in two tablespoons of either flax oil or better yet, Udo's oil. Split it up between your two shakes(one tablespoon in each)
Hard boiled eggs are great snacks as is cottage cheese.

Six days a week cardio is too much and so is an hour at each time. You will lean out doing it 20-30 minutes, interval style 3 times a week. Doing too much cardio will jeopardize your muscle. Diet is everything when you are trying to lose fat. Stick with the six meals a day, drink at least 10 glasses of water, weight train at least three days a week, get the adequate amount of protein in there, and you'll be on your way. Hope that helps!:)

Oh shit, I forgot one more thing, sorry. The type of training that you are doing Monday, Wednesday, Friday.....is that a circuit style training? Or are you going to do a body split? I would suggest the body split if you are still going to do cardio on top of it all. Again, here we go with saving your hard earned muscle! Okay, I think that about covers it. A little long winded reply, but nonetheless, hope it helped.:D

NAS said:
11 stones......154lbs..........70kgz

So, you know now that you need to take in 150-160 grams of protein per day, divided amongst your six meals. ;)

Yeh..I am aware that I needed a gram protein per lbs bodyweight..thats not a problem...
Fyre..the Monday, Wed, Fri is for Weight training..its not circuit training.

BTW, if my protein intake is very high, and im doing cardio 1hour a day...wont that help in preserving muscles?

ALso, what are best pre-post cardio and weight training meals?

How long before should i wait after i've ate to train?

NAS said:
Yeh..I am aware that I needed a gram protein per lbs bodyweight..thats not a problem...
Fyre..the Monday, Wed, Fri is for Weight training..its not circuit training.

BTW, if my protein intake is very high, and im doing cardio 1hour a day...wont that help in preserving muscles?

ALso, what are best pre-post cardio and weight training meals?

How long before should i wait after i've ate to train?

Before you train, you want to have a simple meal that you can digest easily, and train about two hours afterwards. Some people can train on an empty stomach, I for one, cannot. I usually eat about 11/2 to 2 hours before I train. Your preworkout meal should be carbohydrate rich but should not just be simple ones. Complex carbs are needed to sustain your energy at a high level throughout your workout. Honestly, your pre-workout meal is pretty much trial and error. Once you find what works for you, stick with it. Sometimes i have a couple of potatoes and some cottage cheese or if I don't have time to eat real food, I'll have a meal replacement shake, that's a little higher on the carb scale. I'm sure you'll get varying opinions on the preworkout meal, but that's what works for me.
Post-workout, you need to have a protein rich and high carbohydrate meal almost immediately after you train, preferably a liquid one for easier assimilation. Do not just mix it with water as you stated in your first post. Protein alone is not good enough for your post workout meal. I would suggest 30-50 grams of protein and 60-100grams of carbs, depending of course on your size.(most people use honey or dextrose in their post workout shake) I would suggest you have this liquid "fix" within a half an hour of your workout and then eat again within the next two hours.
Okay, did I answer everything? Hmmm...wonder how many spelling mistakes I made along the way.

Cheers bro..you've been very helpful.

Would 2/4 slices of wholemeal bread with tuna 1000 island dressing be ideal for pre-workout meal?

And then protein shake half hour before workout..milk or water?

NAS said:
Cheers bro..you've been very helpful.

Would 2/4 slices of wholemeal bread with tuna 1000 island dressing be ideal for pre-workout meal?

And then protein shake half hour before workout..milk or water?

You and your bread! I don't eat bread all that much but for me, I just find it really makes me feel sluggish. If you feel okay eating the bread, then you should be fine having it a couple hours before you train. Listen to your body and when you find what works for you, stick with it. Good luck and let me know if you need any further help.;)

Back