Help planning Short Cycle

texas.redneck

First, of for all the haters and trolls that read the thread title and want to get on here and go off about why you need to run a cycle at least 10-16 weeks just stop reading right now and move on. I don't need your trolling or two cents. I'm not a virgin anymore and I've done several Test E and Test C only cycles and my only goals are to cheat my way back to my natural abilities. I'm not a bodybuilder.

I'm 38 years old, 185lb, probably hanging around the 10-15% body fat range right now. My goals are simply cheat my way back to my natural abilities (i.e. cheat myself back into the shape I was 5 years ago in the shortest amount of time as possible). I've done several test only cycles and I know what works for me (500mg/week is perfect). I've ran labs on middle of a 10 week cycle of this before and my estrogen levels were fine so I've never needed to use AI's. I use clomid/nolva for PCT.

So my problem is I really hate the slow working esters and having to do the 10-12 weeks cycle. I peak about weeks 3-5 (as everyone does on long esters), I have about 3'ish weeks of good working out, and then inevitably life catches up with me, work responsibilities, kids, etc. and I can't keep up with the workouts as well and meal prep and all that and the last couple weeks are wasted. It's not that I quit working out altogether, it's just responsibilities catch up and I only make it by gym 2 times maybe instead of my usual 4 times and things like that. So I go through a whole lotta hassle for 10-12 weeks just to get about 3-4 weeks of good gains and working out (3 weeks at beginning waiting for it to kick in, then get busy at the end, etc).

Hence, I want to experiment with Test Prop this time and a short cycle. I know with a pretty good amount of certainty what my next 4 weeks look like at any given period of time. I don't necessarily know what my next 12 weeks entails which causes problems noted above. Therefore, I just want in and out in a short period of 4-6 weeks, minimum sides, and then I'm done until next year. All I'm doing is taking about a month to cheat what my natural abilities would probably get me in 3-4 months.

So 500mg a week of test is my magic number where I feel great, all my lifts just skyrocket at the gym, and my estrogen levels aren't so high that I need AI. So here are my thoughts:

(1) prop only at 150mg eod for two vials which puts me right about 4 weeks averaging 500mg a week
(2) prop only at 75mg ed for two vials which puts me right about 4 weeks averaging 500mg a week. (only reason for this is if the PIP is better to cope with than the 1.5cc shots eod)
(2) Cyp with a prop kickstart. This is the one I need a scientist to help me figure out the right dosages to get me at a steady level of about 500mg a week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand the only draw back with Test Prop is the eod or ed pins and related PIP. I think I can handle it since I've already had my cherry popped with a few Test E and Test C only cycles. I'll rotate injection sites through glute, quads, and shoulders.

Yeah....if you're set on short cycles then i would try test p. Pin more often and AI slightly different than long esthers bit sounds like you know your body. I've always wanted to try several short cycles back to back......like 6 weeks on 4 weeks off and repeat. Curious on how you end up on this one bro.
One thing I'm curious about that seems like a problem.....you say ya don't like long cycles cuz life gets in the way and yoir focus/training suffers? Well that being the case, yoir short cycle will be great except for the fact that your post cycle training will not support yoir new muscle if life gets in the way again. Our steroid gains melt in an instant if we stop supplying hormones and our diet or training intensity suffer. Just sounds like a recipe for disaster. Let's say you put on 4 or 5 pounds of muscle in your short cycle, which is a quality gain......well if you don't bust ass to keep it you'll be back where you are now. Just my 2 cents bro.
If you follow through with this make sure you're in it for the long haul. Good luck bro. Lemme know how it all goes. Take care

Last edited:
Well the plan isn't to just quit. lol. I'm usually pretty good through summer. All I'm saying is I can forsee the next 4-8 weeks a lot easier than 12-16. Let me give you an example, Last cycle I had all planned out a nice 12 weeker at 500mg a week. so I did the long ester. waited the standard 3 weeks or so to kick in. Then it kicked in and man I was killing it for weeks 4,5,6,7 and then boom huge client project came up completely unanticipated. had to do a month of working through dinners and just completely wasted weeks 8-12.

I just want to give this a try as I think short is more controllable. Also to your point, I can start PCT 3 days after last PIN of prop from my understanding. So that also helps like you said for me to knock out my post cycle training and get my hormones squared away again. my body bounces back pretty easy because i'm not a heavy anabolic user. I think last time I had my labs done like maybe 3 weeks or so after I finished 2 weeks of clomid/nolva and my labs were back to what they were before the cycle.

Yeah....if you're set on short cycles then i would try test p.

I'm really leaning towards just keep it simple stupid and do the test P. I'm just not sure about pinning 1.5cc eod versus 0.75cc ed. Like I don't know what is harsher on my muscle tissue. Less pins but pumping twice the amount or more pins but only putting in half the amount each time.

I just read an old post on this site from years ago..."short cycle, good gaims less sides". Some day I may give it a try.

I just read an old post on this site from years ago..."short cycle, good gaims less sides". Some day I may give it a try.

exactly. For my goals it seems perfect. I'm not pushing beyond my natural abilities. I'm an almost 40 year old man just barely cheating his way back to his previous natural abilities.

Sounds like you know what you want, and have a good plan.

The active ingredient in test cyp is about 70% by weight and for test prop about 83% by weight - so if you wanted the equivalent dosage for test prop you could take 420 mg/wk to equal 500 mg/wk cyp. 120 EOD or 60 ED.

If it was me I'd get three bottles, to have enough for 7 weeks vs. 5. And I'd also use HCG during the run. For prop at that dosage wait 7 days to start PCT.

Sounds like you know what you want, and have a good plan.

The active ingredient in test cyp is about 70% by weight and for test prop about 83% by weight - so if you wanted the equivalent dosage for test prop you could take 420 mg/wk to equal 500 mg/wk cyp. 120 EOD or 60 ED.

If it was me I'd get three bottles, to have enough for 7 weeks vs. 5. And I'd also use HCG during the run. For prop at that dosage wait 7 days to start PCT.

Thanks! Yeah after I posted this I realized that most of the websites I read say to do 125mg eod which I think is what you are saying as far as the dosage. Also, good tip on the wait 7 days for PCT.

I also adhere to the buy extra gear just in case philosophy. I also have the aromasin just in case but my labs last time I was on 500mg/week told me my estrogen was acceptable range.

Cool, don't forget the HCG. Cheap and effective.

I wasn't even going to mess with the HCG for this one. I'm really trying to keep it simple. When I ran my 12 week before I incorporated the HCG on cycle for like the last 6 weeks. I know there is a lot of debate versus HCG on cycle or PCT. I had done my research at the time and went with the on cycle option but can't recall now exactly. Anyways, my point is for something at less than 6 weeks I wasn't planning to mess with unless you were thinking of a really good reason...

I wasn't even going to mess with the HCG for this one. I'm really trying to keep it simple. When I ran my 12 week before I incorporated the HCG on cycle for like the last 6 weeks. I know there is a lot of debate versus HCG on cycle or PCT. I had done my research at the time and went with the on cycle option but can't recall now exactly. Anyways, my point is for something at less than 6 weeks I wasn't planning to mess with unless you were thinking of a really good reason...

Avoiding testicular degeneration is IMO is a great reason. HCG should never be used for PCT; it is supressive.

make sure your nutrition is on point...

if you cant commit and "life gets in the way" then dont put your body through a cycle..

Like 3j says...
Even if you run a 6 week cycle, it really is more of a 12+ week commitment. If "life" happens at week 8 again...you'll pretty much have put your body trough a cycle for no good reason.

*********No sourcing allowed read the board rules, you have been here long enough to know the rules******I just decided to stick with basics and just started hitting my test cyp at 500mg a week.
Like 3j says...
Even if you run a 6 week cycle, it really is more of a 12+ week commitment. If "life" happens at week 8 again...you'll pretty much have put your body trough a cycle for no good reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like 3j says...

absolutely true, knowing about esther lengths and how they interact with the body is key.

Last edited:
Back