Help with chest workout

cpl306

Alright bros i hit my chest and back on M and Thrus on Mon I do bench then incline machine flys then decline my sets are supper sets so i do a cheat then back 1 min rest between sets reps are 10 then 8 and i just dont feel the pump in my chest my back I do. On Thrus I do D/b press then D/b flys with cable crossovers and laying pullovers same sets and reps again i feel more in my back than my chest. I only have a hour on lunch at work do hit the gym so super sets work the best for me to get in and out and a good workout. Now next month im gonna start a split routine come in early do an hour befor work and an hour on lunch with a bulking cycle running 750 test e. i really want to work my chest and build it its my weakest and most undefined any help would be great..

I do back and chest on those days weighted pull-ups t bar rows iso d/b rows hyper extensions and 1 day rest in between.

For my chest all I do is 4 sets DB Press Flat Bench, 4 sets DB Press Incline Bench, 3 sets Decline DB Flys, 3 sets Cable Cross Overs. I do this once a week and I got a big chests. It targets each part of your chest. Bottom, Middle, Top.

You could try pre exhaust where you do 2x15 on flys, with 30-60second rest in between, then hit your bench, inc, more flys, pullovers. Dont forget to throw in dips and pushups also

You could try pre exhaust where you do 2x15 on flys, with 30-60second rest in between, then hit your bench, inc, more flys, pullovers. Dont forget to throw in dips and pushups also

always love doing my 15 reps on cable flys, I do it light weight but very very slow with proper form. By god you will see everything pumping out in the mirror, and feel that chest muscle breaking down if you do that.

Thanks for the info ill try the crossovers 2x15 light weight first next chest day. It just kills me my arms look so good but my chest is so small well I think it is I'm an endomorphic I've always had a belly and have learned to live with a power lifter style body which suits me I just want a nice chest to off set my body type. So again thx for the info.

To each their own, but why dont you just have a set day for each body part? I know time is limited but if you have 1 hour, try to kill chest for that one hour. Every body is different but with my body is that I know I tons of rest to grow. It seems like you need to work ur upper chest more then anything, and what mrricco said was spot on, flyes are really good. I would personally train for mass so in the beginning of my workout id warm up with low weight, then go to as heavy as you can so u can't do a 9th rep for Incline dumbbell presses for 3-4 sets. Then regular flat d/b chest press and then flyes. Then some decline. What I do is go right back to the smith machine and press incline and flat again and I cant stress it enough, train until you cant do the 9th or 10th rep. Every body can do 8 reps and breeze through it but you really need to work for it. See what your body reacts and dont forget to eat, get stronger, and lift heavy. just my .2

You do not need to train chest 2 days a week.
Try doing this your next work out. You will be aching for 2 or 3 days. I did it and got an insane chest pump.

I watch 1 youtube video of c.t fletcher before i work out lol.. he puts beast mode on another playing field..

partial reps, drop sets, supersets, giantsets, forced reps, negatives, 28 rep method, dog crap, crossfit... keep your muscles guessing what's next and calories high and your chest will blow up.

You do not need to train chest 2 days a week.
Try doing this your next work out. You will be aching for 2 or 3 days. I did it and got an insane chest pump.

I'm only good for the first half of this workout. As far as adding the weight back to get to where I started is out of the question for me, NOW, but working on it.

Start with 10 sets of flat benches. First 7 are working up to a last heavy set of 4 reps. Last 3 sets are a bit lighter but taken to failure of about 10 reps each.

Finish with three trisets consisting of flat flyes, db incline benches, and weighted dips for a total of 9 sets. All sets are taken to failure of about 12-15 reps. This workout takes me about 25 minutes and am totally fried by the end.

I currently train every third day and am making fantastic gains - day 1: chest/bis/forearms day 4: back/shoulders day 7: legs/triceps day 10: start over. This means each body part gets 8 days of rest in between workouts and allows me to blast them each time I train. Plus, my workouts fall on different days and always feel fresh.

That's a bad video. That would make anybody hurt. Like everybody said Just change it up about every 4-6 weeks. And I would go heavy at least every other workout.

Back