Help with test prop dosage for first cycle

Lavi

Hey guys!

I have recently (a week ago) started a test prop cycle. I´m doing 100mg EOD, the gear is legit (checked the codes), I get soreness after injection, I got slight side effects (a bit of back acne, slightly higher libido) but I have barely experienced any weight or strengh gains (sure, it´s not gonna happen overnight but I feel literally zero change, I don´t feel stronger, I don´t get higher pumps, zip...)

I am two times national junior champion in physique so my diet (high surplus) and workouts (focused on hypertrophy now) are solid. I have never done a cycle in my life before because controls are too frequent in my country so I was afraid to be banned from competitions. I´ve started a full time job two years ago and I haven´t been able to dedicate that much time to it as before so I´m not competing anymore. Hence the frustration, hence my first cycle.

My stats are: 25 y.o., 6 ft, 185 lbs, 9% body fat (haven´t done my blood tests before I started, a mistake I know... :( )

I have test prop for another 2 months but I won´t be able to get any more of it (financial reasons and my source doesn´t have more for now). My question for you, veterans of AAS, is - is it possible that I have still naturally high levels of testosterone and that´s why I don´t feel any changes yet, any sudden pumps in the gym (or anything else for that matter)? In that case, would you guys switch to 100mg every day for one month (I have ampules) instead of 100mg EOD for two months? Which one is better?

Thank you very much for your experience and help!

Hey tbonexl! Thanks for the reply.

Sure, it´s only been a week, I didn´t expect to become superman overnight, I´m gonna stick to it till the end. The only thing is that I don´t get the "insane pumps", "libido through the roof" or any other effects which people normally describe after few days of prop.

I´m not running an AI. Since I have basically zero sides (no water retention, no sore nips, nothing) I only run test prop now. I have my PCT at hand for later...

Everyone's body's are different and therefore respond differently to as. Give it little more time. Should've got pre blood work.
I'm no "veteran" by any means, but I would start with some blood work asap to know where you are at with everything. If you post bloods you will get more response from the "veterans" here as they will be able to see where you are really at & what you need help with.

- is it possible that I have still naturally high levels of testosterone and that´s why I don´t feel any changes yet,

The test prop you are injecting is completely REPLACING your natural testosterone (which is now at zero), not adding to it. Your taking 350mg of test a week, that would probably put you at about 1500 ng/dl, which is about 500 higher then natty high levels. to put it in perspective though, to really build muscle you want to get to supra-phsiological levels , which is closer to 5000 ng/dl . You'd need to be injecting around 200mg Eod (I'm not suggesting you do this , i'm just making a point)

BUT , don't rush into injecting more test right away now , its only been one week! your not going to start filling up glycogen stores and increasing blood volume in one week, it takes several weeks for those things to take place. yes test prop is way quicker then test e , but it still takes weeks.

and you really should be taking a moderate dose of AI, or at least have one ready to go . wither you are experiencing high estrogen sides or not, i guarantee you that 350mg of test prop a week is aromatizing and converting to estrogen in your body right now

Reactions: 3J
its too early to feel those pumps.. and if down the line you dont feel them its likely you may have gotten bunk gear..

That's a risky move injecting test prop without even having an ai let alone not taking one. You can't go by feel to see if you need an ai. By the time you feel something or start getting sides like gyno, it would be too late to use just an ai. You would need serms too.
Think of an ai like car insurance. You don't get car insurance after you wreck your car, do you? It would be too late for that...

Hey guys!

Thank you very much for your answers!

To respond to some of you, I have a nolva and clomid at home, I was thinking of adding it by the end of my cycle and for several weeks afterwards. Since I feel absolute zip right now I´m not running it.

And to Roush and 3J: I get it that it is OK that I don´t feel anything... should I stick with the 100mg EOD then? Or would you double it to 200mg EOD?

Thank you!

Nolva and clomid are for pct (Post Cycle Therapy). You shouldn't be using them during your cycle. I suggest you study up on the beginner cycle stickys and ology faq's thread. Your missing some key fundamentals that can creep up and bite ya in the ass later on. Don't want that to happen...

Hey guys!

To respond to some of you, I have a nolva and clomid at home, I was thinking of adding it by the end of my cycle and for several weeks afterwards. Since I feel absolute zip right now I´m not running it.

And to Roush and 3J: I get it that it is OK that I don´t feel anything... should I stick with the 100mg EOD then? Or would you double it to 200mg EOD?

Thank you!

Nolva and Clomid have absolutely nothing to do with your cycle , at all . they are for using AFTER your cycle. no matter if you did feel 'zip' you would not run nolva and clomid during your cycle.

you run an AI during your cycle , not nolva or clomid.

yes stick with 100mg Eod , and start running an AI . arimdex at .25mg 3x per week to start

Hey guys!

Thank you!

who? what? where did you get your info profiles on nolva and clomid? do you know anything about Ai's?

The test prop you are injecting is completely REPLACING your natural testosterone (which is now at zero), not adding to it. Your taking 350mg of test a week, that would probably put you at about 1500 ng/dl, which is about 500 higher then natty high levels. to put it in perspective though, to really build muscle you want to get to supra-phsiological levels , which is closer to 5000 ng/dl . You'd need to be injecting around 200mg Eod (I'm not suggesting you do this , i'm just making a point)

BUT , don't rush into injecting more test right away now , its only been one week! your not going to start filling up glycogen stores and increasing blood volume in one week, it takes several weeks for those things to take place. yes test prop is way quicker then test e , but it still takes weeks.

and you really should be taking a moderate dose of AI, or at least have one ready to go . wither you are experiencing high estrogen sides or not, i guarantee you that 350mg of test prop a week is aromatizing and converting to estrogen in your body right now

OK I could be redundant and say the same ^^^ but instead I'll just tell you Roush is on it.

Now what I will add is that it is apparent that you have not done much research. So I will give you some things to read up and learn:

Aromatization of the enzyme Aromatase
Estrogen , Prolactin and Progesterone. What they are and how to control
What an Ai is and why to use it. "to control your 2nd Estrogen E2 called Estradiol
Get Blood work with Testosterone levels and Estrogen

Learn about PCT

Back