Hernia repair: Now what? Diet and exercise?

synonymous

So they opened me up and found that there was only a 3cm opening in the wall. They ended up pushing everything back in and stitching up the muscle. Apparently it was overkill if they would go in further and apply the mesh. From what the doctor said, it seems I'm in a better position than originally thought.

Day of surgery, I don't know how anybody could walk out and go home. I was in bed and self-medicating for about 24 hours.
Day 2 I was weened off the good stuff and onto the oral meds.
Day 3 I wanted to go home, so now I'm home.

Because they cut through a layer of fat, they had put a tube into that spot to drain any 'stuff' that might build up. They pulled the tube out before I left and handed me a bunch of gauze and tape asking me to clean it up and keep it dry. They also put me in a hernia belt that is way too small (Big white dude living in Japan, everything is small). They're telling me to where this every day for at least a month. I get that it supports the abdominal wall, but do I really have to wear it all the time? Is this overkill?

Diet wise, would it be best to go higher protein lower carb now while trying to heal? 2 weeks of just walking (No gym). After that the doc will let me know if it's OK to use the bike. At least a month before the gym is a go.

It is always safer to have medical or health insurance when this type of sickness can occur often.
licpolicystatus.net

Back