High Blood Pressure, Please Help!!

timeattack

Hi everyone,
I've been a member for a long time, but haven't posted for years. I'm currently in week 11 of my first cycle in 7 years. Everything has been going great until This past Thursday. I started my cycle using just 100mg of just test cypionate for the first two weeks, then went to 200mg for weeks 3 to 7. 300mg for weeks 8 and 9. Then on December 3rd I did my first shot of 400mg into my Vastus Lat. Just to note, I always keep track of my Blood pressure at home every day and it's always good. Around 130/70 or better.

Well after my first 400mg shot into my quad on Dec 3 everything was great. I felt great as usual, no issues. Now I do my shots once a week. On day 6 after my shot, my blood pressure was up to around 140/82. Day 7 (December 10) I was supposed to do my next shot but my blood pressure was dangerously high 160/107. Now at this time I was 6 hours from home on vacation. I had my test and nolva with me but nothing else. *

So I went to the emergency room. I was forthcoming with what I take and how. They did blood work on me and said everything is completely normal. I asked about the hematocrit and hemoglobin, they said it was fine. I was sent home.*

So right now it's December 12. If I sit and relax I can bring my BP down to semi normal range. But if I stand up and walk down the hallway and take my BP. It skyrockets back up to the 160/105 area. This is absolutely not normal for me. *

I don't know what to do. Did that 400 mg shot cause my elevated blood pressure? Or was it because my blood levels of test dropped too low on day 6 and 7 causing my BP to go up? *

I'm confused and worried because if I do another shot and that was the cause I may push this BP even higher. *

But if the lack of test in my system is the cause I don't want to wait any longer.*

I feel like absolute shit right now, weak and shaky, anxious because I can't even walk without jacking up my bp.

I'm back home in a few days, I can end the cycle then when I have access to my pct. I didn't bring it cause I wasn't planning to end the cycle for a few weeks.*

I'd appreciate the help, I don't mind admitting that I'm scared right now. *
***8206;
Just to add, I'm not a novice, I've done over 10 successful and beneficial cycles in the past, at a lot higher dosages, never have I experienced this. *

Please help asap. Thank you. ***8206;

What did your hematocrit come in at?

What did your estradiol come in at? Why aren't you using an AI?

Thanks for replying. They wouldn't give me any numbers, just told me that everything was in normal ranges. When I asked again they told me that my doctor could request the report when I followed up with him. I'm not home for a few days. *

As for the AI, in past heavier cycles I've used very little of it because I have never been very sensitive to estrogen. Even without use of nolva I would never have any issues with gyno or the like. I still keep nolva on hand just in case, but I don't keep Adex on hand because I've never really needed it until coming off.*

Normally if I did need it, it would be just a phone call away, but for right now I can't get it till I'm home. *
***8206;

What did your hematocrit come in at?

What did your estradiol come in at? Why aren't you using an AI?

Thanks for replying. They wouldn't give me any numbers, just told me that everything was in normal ranges. When I asked again they told me that my doctor could request the report when I followed up with him. I'm not home for a few days. *

As for the AI, in past heavier cycles I've used very little of it because I have never been very sensitive to estrogen. Even without use of nolva I would never have any issues with gyno or the like. I still keep nolva on hand just in case, but I don't keep Adex on hand because I've never really needed it until coming off.*

Normally if I did need it, it would be just a phone call away, but for right now I can't get it till I'm home. *

sucks that they wont show you the numbers, are you not paying for this service? its your right to know all your numbers, if they want to keep you in the dark and take all your money then this is the way to go. change labs.

Last edited:
You don't use Adex when you're coming off, you use it during cycle. Just because you don't have signs of gyno doesn't mean your estradiol level isn't high. Also your blood work maybe in the normal range but it could still be on the higher side of the range.

Last edited:
such BS, that they wont show you the numbers, are you not paying for this service? its your right to know all your numbers, if they want to keep you in the dark and take all your money then this is the way to go. change labs.

I'm in Ontario Canada, I'm not paying for it directly so they don't have to show me anything. If something was elevated or wrong they would then have to tell me why I'm being admitted or treated. But based on what they saw, they felt I should be sent home.

Now is there anything I can do for now until I can get the Adex to lessen this horrible feeling? Would taking a lower dose shot of test equalize things if my estradiol is high? I was due for a shot on Sunday but was too worried about making things worse to do it.

These symptoms I'm experiencing is unbearable. Feeling so stressed, anxious and weak, on top of that my bp spikes very high just from moving around a little. Never felt anything like this.

Now something that doesn't make sense to me is, in the past I've done some heavy cycles leading up to a show, multiple compounds and have rarely if at all used an AI. I've held water, ate lots of everything good and bad and have never felt anything like this.

Is it really possible that taking such a low dose (400mg) of test only can cause these horrible symptoms? I don't feel like I'm carrying much water, but all the other shitty feeling seem to match.

It pisses me off cause I've been off everything for almost 7 years. I decided to go nice and easy for the first time back as to avoid any problems and now I have more crap happening that in all my other cycles combined.

Good chance your BP is spiked from e2, use a moderate dose of an AI. E2 causes water retention... your nippples aren't the only reason to use the AI.

If you're worried about crashing e2 then try stane/aromasin, costs more but hard to crash out on and it's rather easy on lipids.

Good chance your BP is spiked from e2, use a moderate dose of an AI. E2 causes water retention... your nippples aren't the only reason to use the AI.

If you're worried about crashing e2 then try stane/aromasin, costs more but hard to crash out on and it's rather easy on lipids.

Now until I can get my hands on the AI when I get home. Would it be safe to say that doing my missed shot of test would help balance out the test/estro ratio for now? I missed taking it on the day I went to the hospital, then felt too shitty and worried the day after to do it. Should I just go ahead with the shot? I will have an AI by tomorrow evening, I just want to reduce these horrible symptoms.

Try and get the numbers for your Hemocrit and Red Blood Cell count. Testosterone can definetly raise those numbers, which in turn can raise your blood pressure. A blood donation should bring those numbers down along with your blood pressure if there are no other problems internally.

I don't know how you guys that can't get bloods easy manage. So they probably checked hematocrit or RBC, but I doubt they knew to look at E2. If I were having to roll the dice I'd do it with a light AI dose. High E2 tends to make me get all nervous and worried and you kinda sound like you may be suffering from that a bit. HCT would have to be pretty jacked up to do a number on your BP (IMO).

I don't know how you guys that can't get bloods easy manage. So they probably checked hematocrit or RBC, but I doubt they knew to look at E2. If I were having to roll the dice I'd do it with a light AI dose. High E2 tends to make me get all nervous and worried and you kinda sound like you may be suffering from that a bit. HCT would have to be pretty jacked up to do a number on your BP (IMO).

They surely didn't check e2 for a random ER visit, doubt they would help him with his cycle like that lol... would be nice if you could do it that way though.

I'm sure they pulled a CBC which will have crit obviously but I'm willing to bet they would have mentioned something if his crit was off the charts, it's also my understanding that it takes a serious hematocrit level to actually elevate BP significantly... but we're all different. I still say it's likely to be e2 as usually the most common issue (simplest issue) is the cause, in this case lack of e2 control.

To the OP, it would be wise to find out what your hematocrit was if you can and donate blood if needed.... when will the arimidex come?

They surely didn't check e2 for a random ER visit, doubt they would help him with his cycle like that lol... would be nice if you could do it that way though.

I'm sure they pulled a CBC which will have crit obviously but I'm willing to bet they would have mentioned something if his crit was off the charts, it's also my understanding that it takes a serious hematocrit level to actually elevate BP significantly... but we're all different. I still say it's likely to be e2 as usually the most common issue (simplest issue) is the cause, in this case lack of e2 control.

To the OP, it would be wise to find out what your hematocrit was if you can and donate blood if needed.... when will the arimidex come?

I just left from donating blood, my bp check before was 179/80. Which is better than before. But I was sitting still for about 10 mins before the check. The finger prick before showed my hemoglobin at 173.

Did it just to check off another possibility. I may have either Arimidex or Aromasin in my hands late tonight if things go well. Which would you suggest? Which will work quicker? By the way thanks for taking the time to reply!

I like aromasin personally and for me it works quickly, I use it for TRT... it also has some benefits over Alex like less HDL surpression, also very hard to tank e2 with it. The downside is the short half life means you need to dose everyday or every at minimum EOD so it ends up costing more to run.

Dosing info is tough for me to give as I need more then the average person, I take 12.5mg ED on TRT (200mg/wk) and a full 25mg on a blast. You can get it tonight?

Run one or another from the start to switch it back and forth.

I still think that you are jumping the gun. Until you have blood test numbers on hand, you wont know what may or may not be causing an issue. I'm sure that you know this but Ill mention it anyway, your BP changes all day long. If you are nervous, it will be elevated and more than likely, so will your pulse rate. I can absolutely guarantee that your 400mg shot of TestC didn't cause it in a few minutes time. Starting an AI shouldn't hurt anything so if you can get it, give it a try.

What was the doctors thoughts on what caused the high BP? I would assume that if it was a concern, the doc would have prescribed something and/or given advice to lower it.

I still think that you are jumping the gun. Until you have blood test numbers on hand, you wont know what may or may not be causing an issue. I'm sure that you know this but Ill mention it anyway, your BP changes all day long. If you are nervous, it will be elevated and more than likely, so will your pulse rate. I can absolutely guarantee that your 400mg shot of TestC didn't cause it in a few minutes time. Starting an AI shouldn't hurt anything so if you can get it, give it a try.

What was the doctors thoughts on what caused the high BP? I would assume that if it was a concern, the doc would have prescribed something and/or given advice to lower it.

Solid point and should of mentioned that too, I know things are different in Canada but if you can find a way to get labs done that's the best route to surely know if it's e2.

Just pointing out bigswole he did mention he's in week 11 with no AI the whole time, it's safe to say most would need an AI at 400mg unless they personally like the water retention.. correct? Seems like it's possible his body has finally just packed on enough water to spike it after 11 weeks, or it could of been elevated prior and it just wasn't caught. Have you been checking BP the whole 11 weeks?

Either way if you start and AI be conservative don't start pounding huge doses or that will lead to more issues. Definitely try to get labs if you somehow can.

Back