How do so many of you get TRT?

I find it impossible for me!

I have low test,both total(300 ng/dl)) and free(3 pg/ml) all my life!

I have been to two endos-the second one being a progressive endo-prescribes hormones readily.

Neither of them would give me TRT.

The first one said she didn`t know much about testosterone,and referred me to the other.

This other one is a famous endo,who gives interviews all the time.
'
Claims test is the most important thing for men,advocates administering testosterone in the moment of angina attack,rather than nitroglycerin,and all such rant.

She also gave me this speech when I came to her,and then sent me to do and array of tests.

When I came back,her story changed.

THERE IS NO WAY YOU`RE GETTING TRT,she said,BECAUSE YOUR SPERM COUNT IS ALL RIGHT,AND testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) WILL SHUT IT DOWN.

She prescribed me,Metformin.She said it will reduce my abdominal fat,and this will increase my free testosterone.
And sent me on my way.

Free testosterone is bullshit btw.

There are herbs that I used,which skyrocketed my free test.

Free test won`t do shit for your strength,fat,mass,laziness.
It`s only good for the libido,and not so much.
I have tested this over months and months time.

There is BTW a whole array of these idiot endos that rely only on free test,if your total is in the 300s,like mine(lower limit)
This is all bull.

TOTAL test is what it matters,otherwise there would be no need for AAS or TRT,we would all just be using tongkat ali or stinging nettle.

I feel like shit my whole life.

I need more alpha,more stamina,I`m lazy and tired,every idiot in the gym has more mass than me,in spite of me having worked my ass off.
I have a fat belly which has not been removed by Glucophage.

I do have great strength in the gym-like my 360 lb incline press-which I have gained by training my ass off for 10 years and having a smart strength building routine.

But I need to look and feel better,be less moody like a woman,and not be tired!~

What should I do?

Should I go see a 3rd endo?

Should I self prescribe 100 mg per week for 3 months on/3 months off?

How do you guys get testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in spite of mostly having good sperm count?

BTW All of heavy AAS users that I met through the gyms for years have children!

This aspect of AAS use is greatly exaggerated IMO!

BTW I`m not in the USA!

I am in the exact same situation as you mate, but my test is 242. I have turned to self medication. Not long put my thread up.........

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/648429-trt-cycle.html

The key is you don't go to an endo. It's a never ending battle to make those jerk offs understand how badly you're affected by low test, unless your levels are below range. They all seem to think that the established ranges are law and they are under penalty of death if they don't follow them.

Besides, most of them are fucking idiots as proven in your endos statement of "your sperm count is all right" so you don't need test. If sperm count were an accurate indicator of test levels, most of us could knock up a chic by breathing on her.

You say you're not in the US, but you don't mention where you are, so it's hard to say what options you might have. I would imagine most countries have rejuvenation clinics in some form or another. That's where most of us get TRT.

Another option is to run a cycle, let your test tank afterwards and then see a third endo while your levels are below range. Of course you could also self-prescribe by ordering on your own.

This is great advice! Endos are way to serious about this shit and they really dont understand the potential benefits. I am on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) through my family doctor (USA), but any General Practitioner or family doctor would be better. Might have to try a couple till you get one that will prescribe it. I also agree that 100 mg / week is worthless. You need at least 200 mg / week. Then maybe even supplement yourself and run 12 weeks cycles at 400-500mg a week.

Should I self prescribe 100 mg per week for 3 months on/3 months off?

If you did decide to self prescribe after a couple of months you should know if it's helping you and if it was I'd just stay on it for life.

Funny... When I reached 50yrs my doc, an internist, brought the subject up unprompted. He simply asked if I wanted it! TV ads on every sports channel are practically begging you to ask your doctor for it. I discussed it with my doc... And opted against a small testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose... He knows I love the gym... He thought, as well, that I would benefit from more, but the insurance company would never go for it. So with a wink and a nod... He said, " you're a smart boy, you'll figure it out..... Just don't get too big." And with the help of Ology... I was on my way.
So my question to you is... Why do you need a doctor to prescribe Test? If you want it, buy it from a UGL. There are advantages to keeping it "off the books."

Funny... When I reached 50yrs my doc, an internist, brought the subject up unprompted. He simply asked if I wanted it! TV ads on every sports channel are practically begging you to ask your doctor for it. I discussed it with my doc... And opted against a small testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose... He knows I love the gym... He thought, as well, that I would benefit from more, but the insurance company would never go for it. So with a wink and a nod... He said, " you're a smart boy, you'll figure it out..... Just don't get too big." And with the help of Ology... I was on my way.
So my question to you is... Why do you need a doctor to prescribe Test? If you want it, buy it from a UGL. There are advantages to keeping it "off the books."

Your Doc said " You're a smart boy, you'll figure it out" regarding dosage of medication ??! Thats classic, and I love your Doc. He sounds batshit crazy though.

Get a good family GP and get yourself tested when you know your going to test low. You can help insure a low number by eating like crap, over training and sleeping very little the week before you know you will be tested. If your levels still come back in the low normal range. Tell your doctor that your sex life sucks(low libido) and you think your girlfriend may leave you. Ask him to at least give you some 1% Testim samples to try(one month worth). Take them home and go back in a month and tell him that you feel like a million dollars and your girlfriend is very happy again. Half of the deciding factor on prescribing testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is quality of life and how you feel. So you have to really sell that part of it by telling them what a difference it makes. If you tell them that your job performance is being affected and your wife/girlfriend is not happy this will go a long way if done correctly.

TRT is pretty much like a marijuana recommendation in cali.. anyone can get one if you go to the right quack... I mean doc. They're not even treating your results nowadays they are treating you for "symptoms" so you don't even need low test only twll them you have the symptoms and they will prescribe test for your symptoms.

GEt a new. Doc. You will have your scrip

HCG preserves spermatogenesis in men undergoing TRT

J Urol. 2013 Feb;189(2):647-50. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2012.09.043. Epub 2012 Dec 20.
Concomitant intramuscular human chorionic gonadotropin preserves spermatogenesis in men undergoing testosterone replacement therapy.
Hsieh TC, Pastuszak AW, Hwang K, Lipshultz LI.
Source
Division of Urology, University of California-San Diego, San Diego, California, USA.
Abstract
PURPOSE:
Testosterone replacement therapy results in decreased serum gonadotropins and intratesticular testosterone, and impairs spermatogenesis, leading to azoospermia in 40% of patients. However, intratesticular testosterone can be maintained during testosterone replacement therapy with co-administration of low dose human chorionic gonadotropin, which may support continued spermatogenesis in patients on testosterone replacement therapy.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:
We retrospectively reviewed the records of hypogonadal men treated with testosterone replacement therapy and concomitant low dose human chorionic gonadotropin. Testosterone replacement consisted of daily topical gel or weekly intramuscular injection with intramuscular human chorionic gonadotropin (500 IU) every other day. Serum and free testosterone, estradiol, semen parameters and pregnancy rates were evaluated before and during therapy.

RESULTS:
A total of 26 men with a mean age of 35.9 years were included in the study. Mean followup was 6.2 months. Of the men 19 were treated with injectable testosterone and 7 were treated with transdermal gel. Mean serum hormone levels before vs during treatment were testosterone 207.2 vs 1,055.5 ng/dl (p <0.0001), free testosterone 8.1 vs 20.4 pg/ml (p = 0.02) and estradiol 2.2 vs 3.7 pg/ml (p = 0.11). Pretreatment semen parameters were volume 2.9 ml, density 35.2 million per ml, motility 49.0% and forward progression 2.3. No differences in semen parameters were observed during greater than 1 year of followup. No impact on semen parameters was observed as a function of testosterone formulation. No patient became azoospermic during concomitant testosterone replacement and human chorionic gonadotropin therapy. Nine of 26 men contributed to pregnancy with the partner during followup.

CONCLUSIONS:
Low dose human chorionic gonadotropin appears to maintain semen parameters in hypogonadal men on testosterone replacement therapy. Concurrent testosterone replacement and human chorionic gonadotropin use may preserve fertility in hypogonadal males who desire fertility preservation while on testosterone replacement therapy.

Copyright © 2013 American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

PMID: 23260550 [PubMed - in process]

Back