How do you guys gauge your progress?

Having "body image issues" can be a good thing. This is simply because with such issue, you will never be satisfied with how you look and will keep on pushing to look better and better. When I tell my co workers that I'm gonna bulk, they say "wtf you're already big enough" (and I don't think I'm big at all) but without striving to get better and better, bigger and bigger and leaner and leaner, what is there to aim for? Never be satisfied with how you look

Good question n answers. I was 6' 150 lbs since puberty. Not exactly the body type girls r chasing after. About 25 I started lifting weights. Made huge gains. Fast. There's no way I can explain how it felt to hear the compliments n see the difference ppl looked at me. Off n on for years n years, untill I went to prison for 4 years n went hard, studied, dieted. Got out quit for 6 mo n went back harder than ever. The attention from the women is great I can't lie but when ppl ask what my secret is or what my routine is or they want to come to the gym with me is what really tells me I've grown. I know I've come along way n that's what it's all about for me, n sure, I love hitting new records. U know when ur making progress, not just one thing here or there but everything.

Sometimes for months at a time I get caught up in moving more weight, ie getting stronger. When really that's not the goal I'm actually after. I realize muscle has memory and after a cut is over, with the right diet, the muscle will come back soon enough.

Just have to keep telling myself that

One thing you have to keep in mind is how your shirts fit, what your friends say. You see yourself every day so you will usually not notice minute changes in your physique; however if you do look big that day, you know you probably look really b ig to other people :) Make sure ur water intake and carb intake is always on point so you look your best and fullest. I carb hard and rim the AI's lol

I was standing next to the bed yesterday, shirt off, belt undone and jeans unbuttoned. I twisted slightly to the right to say something to my wife and she gasped. She said "My God, you look like some of the models on my TV show."

That, my friends, is some severe progress verification. :)

I have many motivations and since I've been working with 3J my progress is gauged by weekly tape measurements, pictures, and weigh-ins. I think a well rounded approach that he requires is a necessity to seeing true progress. Sometimes one thing may be up or down, but the others will prove you are making positive progress.

One major motivation I have is after I've gotten that pump, I see myself, only better. I see 1-2 inches of blood mass on whatever body part I've been working on that day. It's almost like I'm seeing myself in the mirror, but a few months down the road. I've never looked in the mirror with a pump and not wanted to look like that all the time. So, with that being said, for me, "the pump" motivates the fuck out of me. And the worst part about it is that once you are as big as your old pump, your new pump will be even bigger, and it will never end unless I think I'm getting too big. Which at 5'8, and growing up with people a foot taller than me, nothing is going to be too big for me. I've been chasing big since I was a kid.

With a goal to be big as fuck, there's only one way to approach it. Never think you're big. Until I stand next to someone and can literally see that I'm bigger than them, I will always just believe that I'm smaller, and that may be a problem psychologically but hey, If I'm always smaller, I'll always want to get bigger. And that's what keeps me going I think. A mind fucking if you will.

Back