How easy is it to regain lost muscle?

cdiggity

So...simple question. I did a cut, lost a lot of fat, but lost some muscle with that as well. Im getting ready to start my bulk again so I can eat more food, and want to know how easy it is to regain muscle lost on a cut. Any ideas?

Everybody is different, so it's hard to say. I think with hard work, and proper diet it can be gained back relatively quickly. Don't expect things to happen over night though. Work hard.

My weight is 158, height is 5'9". As for BF % my guess is 18% I really cant tell, but can post a pic if you guys want me too. As for goals, long term is to bulk up and add about 10-15lbs of muscle, but I want to lose fat to be leaner first.

So...simple question. I did a cut, lost a lot of fat, but lost some muscle with that as well. Im getting ready to start my bulk again so I can eat more food, and want to know how easy it is to regain muscle lost on a cut. Any ideas?

Most of the "muscle" loss is glycogen depletion so you look flat. You'll fill back out when you carb up.

Most of the "muscle" loss is glycogen depletion so you look flat. You'll fill back out when you carb up.

So what you are saying is that I should focus on reducing my waist line and when I start to bulk again my muscles should go back to being relatively normal right?

So what you are saying is that I should focus on reducing my waist line and when I start to bulk again my muscles should go back to being relatively normal right?

Focus on cutting for now, don't worry about bulking or muscle loss or any of that shit. Just focus purely on cutting, stay present or you're going get off track and give up. A lot of it is a mental game. You're going to look and feel smaller because you ARE smaller. But yes, when you start working back towards a surplus you will look fuller, strength will start coming back, etc.

Back