How long does hcg last on freezer or fridge?

cybrsage

How long does hcg last in freezer or fridge?

Anyone know long long unconstituted hcg lasts in the freezer or in the fridge? For example, it is often sold in 5000iu containers but I have read many people use it (while on TRT) at 500iu a week - that is 10 weeks, slightly under 3 months. However, if someone were to buy 3 vials of the stuff - you are now talking 30 weeks, which is over half a year. Obviously the stuff lasts a lot less when reconstituted, but what about when it is still in the powdered form?

EDIT: I have also read not to freeze the unconstituted HCG but to just keep it at room temperature in a darkened area, such as a shelf or in the closet. Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited:
I found this from 2009 (through a Bing search, the site search engine failed me). Is this correct?

If it hasn't been mixed yet you do not need to keep it in the fridge and it'll last years. Once mixed then keep it in the fridge for 30 - 60 days as Stone told you.

Yes, use 250iu's every 4 days and stop one week before PCT

EDIT: I also found this, which is from the package insert of Pregnyl, which says the reconstituted stuff is good for 60 days.

IMPORTANT: USE COMPLETELY AFTER RECONSTITUTION. RECONSTITUTED SOLUTION IS STABLE FOR 60 DAYS WHEN REFRIGERATED.

HOW SUPPLIED
Two-vial package containing:
1-10 mL lyophilized multiple dose vial containing: 10,000 USP Units chorionic gonadotropin per vial
NDC 0052-0315-10.
1-10 mL vial of solvent containing: water for injection with sodium chloride 0.56% and benzyl alcohol 0.9%
NDC 0052-0325-10.

When reconstituted, each 10 mL vial contains:
Chorionic gonadotropin 10,000 USP Units
Monobasic sodium phosphate 5 mg
Dibasic sodium phosphate 4.4 mg
Sodium chloride 0.56%
benzyl alcohol 0.9%
If required pH adjusted with sodium hydroxide and/or phosphoric acid.

Storage:
Store at 30°C (86°F). Reconstituted solution is stable for 60 days when refrigerated.

Last edited:
Can someone who has seen a box recently tell me what the expiration date on the box says? I have read on two different sites that the unconstituted form can last 1 to 2 years in a room temperature environment...but that the expiration date on the box will tell you for sure. The expiration date is always conservative, but will be a great place to start.

Just in case anyone wants to know, I have a box of 5000iu and it says it expires in January 2017, so a year and a quarter. No worries at all if kept at room temperature and in the dark. The original packaging keeps them in the dark, so just putting them in the closet is fine.

i would keep it in the fridge..re constituted hcg can be frozen for 60 days and will still be good for 60 days... in powder form just keep it in the fridge and it'll last for a very long time

Back