How many times do you work each body part per week.

How many times per week

• 1 per week

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • 2 per week

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • 3 per week

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
only thing i hit 2x a week is arms. i do chest/tris bis/back then at end of week i do arms together, have 3 days rest and start over. my schedual is 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 3 off, repeat.

MattyBoy682 said:
I do:

Day 1: Chest+Tris
Day 2: Back+Bis
Day 3: Shoulders+Traps
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Either rest, or repeat Day 1.

This is a very beginer routine. Everyone starts off like that. I know I sure did. Simply because those muscle groups work together well. when you work your chest, you work your tris, when you work your back, you work your bis, and vice verse. But I also see a problem in that, now there is no avoiding getting fatigue to muscles you are not meaning to train (such as when you work your chest, whether you like it or not, you are training your triceps.) But this can also be a bad thing. Throughout my yrs of training, I did a simular routine as Mattyboy. But what I was finding, was that if I trained my chest hard like I should, by time I got to triceps, I didnt have any energy left. I would still train them, but never did I train them as hard as I would as apose to me coming in and hitting triceps only in one day. Same thing with back and Biceps, always train your back 1st because its a bigger muscle and takes more energy...BUT if you train your back hard like you should, you shouldnt have any energy to have a hard biceps workout. I started training one mucle group a day and hitting it hard. That way not only am I training one muscle group HARD each day, but I am also giving that muscle plenty of time to heal and rest. Because when you eat, and when you rest...is when your muscles grow!

I do
Monday: Chest/Back
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Bicep/Tricep
Thursday:Shoulders/Traps/Forearms
Friday:Chest/Biceps

Sometimes once in 8 days, or 9 days, or even 10... depending on the intensity level and recovery level. There is no magic in the number 7 (days in a week) so one can just rotate their workout accordingly.

once or twice a week should be sufficinet for anyone. You will be hitting them also as secondary muscle group while doing another body part.

Plus it will all depend on you and your recovery time needed. If your just starting out.. once a week

Back