How much pop do you all drink?

carljaxx005

Quick question for all you fitness freaks.....Ive been on a cutting diet for about 2 months now and so far so good. Current stats: 21 years old, 5'9 at 127-128 lbs., b.f. approx. 13-14%. Currently on 1400 a day diet, low carbs.
Im usually pretty good about getting enough water during the day do to my training. Im at the gym lifting 4 days a week. But when Im on low carbs, I tend to get hungry very fast, and end up drinking diet coke, or a low carb monster. I'm not sure if this is ok while Im cutting. What do you all think? Its hard for me to stick to straight water all day.....

I would ask your coach. I start cutting June 2 for 20 weeks. Pop is cut out right then. But now I am allowed to drink as much as I want. It depends how your body reacts. If you aren't having any problems with it then I would keep it in till about 4-6 weeks personally. I love diet pop. It keeps me sane when I'm hungry.

Some people think it spikes insulin like regular pop.....and that will cause you to be even more hungry. But the jury is out on that....mixed opinions and mixed research.

Diet pop has SUGAR ALCOHOLS, which are NOT listed on the side panel for whatever reasons. Gum for example, lists that ingredient and the ammount. Not sure as to if that affects insulin levels or not. Time for Google search....

What is sugar alcohol?
Sugar alcohols, also know as polyols, are ingredients used as sweeteners and bulking agents. They occur naturally in foods and come from plant products such as fruits and berries. As a sugar substitute, they provide fewer calories (about a half to one-third less calories) than regular sugar. This is because they are converted to glucose more slowly, require little or no insulin to be metabolized and don't cause sudden increases in blood sugar. This makes them popular among individuals with diabetes; however, their use is becoming more common by just about everyone. You may be consuming them and not even know it.

Are you getting ready for a show or just trying to lean out in general?
I certainly wouldn't replace water with diet pop...hehehe...but one can a day will be fine. If I'm cutting, I do find that a can of diet coke does kill the sugar cravings but i still drink 4 liters of water a day as well.
If you have trouble drinking only water, you can try some Crystal Light. That's very good when you have sweet cravings. Once again though, make sure you're drinking plenty of pure water as well.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Fyre

Thanks for the response!!! I try my best to keep my water intake up to around 3-4 liters a day on top of the diet pop, so I think Ill stick to that. Im strictly just trying to lean out for summer....but nothing too intense. Thanks again!!!!

Miss Muscle said:
I would ask your coach. I start cutting June 2 for 20 weeks. Pop is cut out right then. But now I am allowed to drink as much as I want. It depends how your body reacts. If you aren't having any problems with it then I would keep it in till about 4-6 weeks personally. I love diet pop. It keeps me sane when I'm hungry.

Some people think it spikes insulin like regular pop.....and that will cause you to be even more hungry. But the jury is out on that....mixed opinions and mixed research.
STAY AWAY FROM THE POP BAD BAD BAD GET IT ALL OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND STOP BUYING IT DRINK ONLY WATER OR JUICE.

pineapple said:
Diet pop has SUGAR ALCOHOLS, which are NOT listed on the side panel for whatever reasons. Gum for example, lists that ingredient and the ammount. Not sure as to if that affects insulin levels or not. Time for Google search....

What is sugar alcohol?
Sugar alcohols, also know as polyols, are ingredients used as sweeteners and bulking agents. They occur naturally in foods and come from plant products such as fruits and berries. As a sugar substitute, they provide fewer calories (about a half to one-third less calories) than regular sugar. This is because they are converted to glucose more slowly, require little or no insulin to be metabolized and don't cause sudden increases in blood sugar. This makes them popular among individuals with diabetes; however, their use is becoming more common by just about everyone. You may be consuming them and not even know it.
Yeah, my bars contain sugar alcohol too, not good but I gotta eat something working behind the bar!!
Dorian used to swear by diet Dr pepper, that's what I drink for a sweet drink.
Used to drink ALOT of Gatorade but was turned off that, straight sugar.

Miss Muscle said:

They didn't cut diet pop out.....sorry.....rereading my post I see I didn't explain myself well. Diet pop is allowed till between 2-4 weeks in. I drink no less than 4-8 litres of liquid per day. No less than 3 litres water. But I have been known to drink up to 2 litres of diet pop per day also. It helps keep me full and satisfies my sugar cravings. I love the stuff. There are days I go without it but like I said....it helps fill me up!

Back