How much water do you drink a day?

How much H20 per day...

• Total voters
I drink between 1 and 2 gallons per day. The color of a person's urine is a good indicator of dehydration. As protein intake increases, so does the necessity for increased water consumption.

Although sports drinks have proven more effecient at hydrating an athlete than plain H2O, there is nothing more efficient at detoxification and cleansing the system especially the kidneys than plain water. Juice and soft drinks are full of empty calories, and bottled juice is void of most nutrients and enzymes as are most processed foods. I use spring water for the trace minerals, but tap water is fine. Except for my morning coffee and an occasional cup of green tea, I drink nothing but water.

I start the day by gulping down a 24 oz glass of hot water to clean and flush the bladder and start hydrating my system. I drink at least 10 oz water before every protein meal and mix my protein powders with 50 gm protein and 18 oz water.

It is best to drink water before your protein meal so the stomach is hydrated and ready for the digestion process to begin. Deeply colored urine is the quickest sign of dehydration, and barring the bright yellow color of vit B-6, urine should be nearly colorless if you have enough fluids in your system. Drink water all throughout the day and don't wait until real thirst sets in, as dehydration begins before the warning sign of thirst.

Everyone should read the little book, Your Body's Many Cries for Water: You Are Not Sick, You Are Thirsty
by F. Batmanghelidj M.D.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0962994251/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-1998181-3780851#reader-link

"One man's solution to soaring health costs: water."

- Paul Harvey

What I do is wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is drink 1L of water. Then I drink another 1L with my breakfast.

Throught the day whenever I go to the bathroom as soon as I get out I chug another glass of water (volume depends on how full I am).

I find this is the best way for me to ensure I am drinking enough water.

If I pee, I need to restock :D

Plenty of liquid, but sadly, not a lot of plain water. Usually tea and all.

well over a gallon...I must piss every two hours i would guesstimate.

When cutting i drink over a gallon. I piss every 30-45 minutes.

Well since i am out in stupid Iraq the water intake is quite high. AT least 2 gal a day in the summer time. During rain season and the colder parts(Nov-Feb) i would be safe to say 1 gal if that.

16-20 glasses a day,16 glasses= 1 1/4gallon!!

Can't drink beer no more cause as soon as I get a buzz I piss it out but the worst is going to the movies,if I only have to piss once I am lucky!!

Back