How much WATER do you drink daily?

atherjen said:
Im with you on that one Sonis.. I feel all dizzy and total dehydration if I dont get at LEAST a gallon, always more though.

me too! I need to have at least one gallon a day but more often than not, I take in two.:)

Just during the training I drink minimum 1 galon (3 litres) and more in summer near 1,5 galon (4 litres)...
During a day I drink minimum 2 galon (5 litres)...

I am 5,8 (1m77) and 220 (100kg)...

at first, trying to get a gallon in is hard, but your body acclimates quickly. before you know it, you'll be ingesting a gallon before noon.

if you really want to increase your intake of water, buy yourself a good quality water-bottle (think nalgene - http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store) and force yourself to drink a little more every day until you get to a gallon. and if possible, stick with ice cold water.

I drink about half a glass of water a day but I drink about a gallon of orange juice a day. I always have to go to Krogers to get the same things. 2 gallons of OJ and 2 boxes of granola bars (Smores). Shit gets expensive but Im H20 intolerant :D I drink straight from the cart till I get to the bottom :40oz:

Bishop X

Well this thread has inspired me to drink more - I'd be lucky to get 1/4 of a gallon down me in one day so now I'm throwing it down like there's no tomorrow. I'll be interested to see what effect it has overall on my training and stomach - from the sounds of some of these posts it almost seems like water is better than juice :)

I was just reading in Australian Ironman, as chance would have it, an article on drinking water and I was impressed by the bit where it says that drinking water helps you get rid of fat. seems that if you don't take in enough liquid your liver has to help out your kidneys meaning it can't do the other job it's good at, breaking down your fat.

The question I have is why won't I balloon up if I start taking in a lot more water than I normally do. I've felt kinda bloated for most of today - I hope it won't stay like this.

:40oz:

Usually 0.5-1 gallon. It gets hard to drink that much when I'm at work.

I love water and cant get enough, I have had several diabetes tests just cause I drink so much. I always have a nalgene 1L water bottle with me a all times, I fill it up at least 10 times a day, probably more...

Middle of summer I finish the 5 gal ED atwork.

Winter usually about 1-2 gallons.

Its funny when its 110 degrees outside I drink 5 gal. and only have to piss a few times a day. When winter rolls around and its 50 outside I'll only drink a gal and have to piss every 15 minutes like a little girl.:toilet:

Back