How to properly train your weaker muscle group

I also have the same question ..my right arm is weak..what should I do to make it strong and gain power.

weaker specific bodyparts are ez.. lets say chest do chest 2-3 times a week spaced out.obviously.. n switch the workout routine.. i lacked on my chest my agent side he.needs.more upper chest.. i did so to.follow thru with 2-3 times a week training chest and 2 of.those times a week.i did.upper chest!! and bamm got.mad photoshoots!!!

as far ad ur.weak arm.. well stop jerking off with ur left so much..

no.in.all seriousness just when u.load up the barbells and plates or.carry weights.to.a certain destinstion.in the.gym.use ur.right.arm.. for.ur curling.always start with the right arm.. it.will eventually catch up... also drop to an even weight that both arms can.curl.u do not want.to.over develope ur.left from.this.point.on

My weaker part are the legs. They are significantly weaker than the rest of my body IMO. I would like to work them more and get them stronger, however I am a little concerned of getting injured somehow.

Currently when I go to the gym I warm up running 1 minute and resting 2, I do that until I feel my blood is pumping and my legs are warm. I go to The squat rack and knock out 2 sets of 15 with light weight. Then I go for 5 reps 4 or 5 sets depending how I feel. If I'm still feeling good I knock 2 sets of 12 reps just to get a little complementary pump and blood running. Then I do the rest of the supplementary exercises to include calves hamstring quads etc.

I do this once a week, I'm thinking I should do legs twice to get strength gains more noticeably, or at least add a squad set on my back day after the deadlift? what you guys think I should try ?

i have the symmetry problem with my left lat... my right sticks out noticably more, at first i thought it was from form, holding my elbow slightly in or out while doing pull ups or downs, but still cant fix it.

That's what I did when decided to improve my shoulders. Trained them two times a week, varied reps, weights and sets, sometimes added one or two exercises to other days.

There's agonist and antagonists muscles. Learn what that means. Don't forget to stretch and warm up before stretching. You'll be suprised on just how much you'll appreciate that stretching in later years sof life. Cheers and good luck!

My weakest part is the calves. No matter how I train them can't get them to grow as my other body part. I train them 3 times a week. I do 5 sets of
2X12
3X10

I'll try your method and see if this change.

My weakest part is the calves. No matter how I train them can't get them to grow as my other body part. I train them 3 times a week. I do 5 sets of
2X12
3X10

I'll try your method and see if this change.

I hear you, calves are relatively small but very stubborn. The way I finally started seeing results was after reading Arnold's Education of a BodyBuilder. I was not getting the results I wanted until I started bombing the calves, I trained them like I hated them. You are always using your claves every day when you walk, stand or sit so they are used to all the pressure f supporting your bodyweight. My rule of thumb is the bear minimum is your body weight to failure.
I generally do now after a few months of bombing the hell out of them 2-3 days a week sometimes 5 I usually do now double my body weight 400- 450, it is my strongest muscle.
Anyways, this is what I did to strengthen my calves, try it out but ease into the double plus body weight, you will notice they get strong fast IMO.

i have the symmetry problem with my left lat... my right sticks out noticably more, at first i thought it was from form, holding my elbow slightly in or out while doing pull ups or downs, but still cant fix it.

Yeah, I can see it from your picture. Maybe you don't notice it but do you favor 1 side over the other? Try doing it a little slower but pay attention to how you connect with your muscles, mind body kind of thing. At my gym we have a lat pull down machine that has individual cables instead of a bar, try doing a set or 2 with one arm with heavier weight. Hope this helps, good luck on your symmetry dude.

You're absolutely right. Balancing our muscle groups is key for overall symmetry and strength. To properly train your weaker muscle group, try starting your workout with exercises that target those specific areas. By doing this, you'll have more energy and focus to give them the attention they need. Remember to gradually increase the intensity and volume over time to promote growth. Consistency is key! Keep up the hard work and you'll achieve that balanced physique you're aiming for.

Back