Huge hair problems, don't know what to do

orochi

Hello!

I (33,male) have been noticing for a few years now that strange things are going on with my hair. I have been to various dermatologists but they all didn't really care.
I have a receeding hairline but it's not really bad but visible. My father became bold around 25. My brother (36) also still has hair and no visible hairloss except maybe the
hairline.

But here are my issues:

1)-my hairs are usually totally straight but I am getting twisted hairs on my head which look really sick, the texture and surface also look different, when I move my fingers through my hair then I can feel these twisted hairs with my fingers but they are really hard to isolate and pull out. Sometimes I am able to catch one and then pull it out and look at it and they look really sick kinda like when you hold a hair above a flame and it curls up

2)-my hair usually has a length of at least 2 inches minium. but for many years now I have been noticing that there are many hairs on my head which are much shorter than the rest and they also look thinner and they never catch up! i mean if these were simply new hairs then they would catch up and reach the same length as the other hairs after a while cause I never cut my hairs shorter than 2 inches but they never catch up!
when i comb the hair back then on the forehead I can see all these much shorter hairs which stand up and cannot be combed back cause they are too short and this has been going on for years!!

3)-even on the sides of my head my hairs are getting thinner! there are hairs which are so thin that my hair clipper cannot cut them anymore!!!!
and i can also pull these hairs out without much force! I tried it and just pulled with my fingers on the hair on both sides of the head and every time I had 5 or 6 totally thin, fine
hairs in my hand, sometimes even with the follicle! I could go on with this forever! I tried it. I pulled and pulled and pulled and every time I had new hairs in my hand!
but I have no visible hair loss. my visible thinning. BUT something is going on and it seems to affect the entire head!

I recently got a tricho scan. The doc scanned 1 area on the top of the head and 1 area on the back of the head. The top area had an increase amount of telogen hair (26%) and the doc said that this points towards androgenetic hairloss. The back of the head had a normal amound of 15%.

The doc basically said that this is normal and that nothing can be done about it. He said topical hair solutions like rogaine also dont work.

BUT is it really that simple? I mean my father is bald he has no top hair BUT he doesn't have these twisted hairs and the hair on the side of his head is normal.
But in my case even the side of the head is affected.
I'm not really buying that it's simply androgenetic hairloss especially since I have been suffering from low T for years and even at that time I noticed these changes.

I dont know what to do now. Do you have any suggestions?
It's really scary. It's not normal that you can simply pull hair out without force and you can repeat this as often as you want.

After glancing through some of the threads you started, I've realized that your a paranoid guy! Your hair might fall out. You might get old and wrinkled. It happens. Calm down and get through today and stop worrying about next week.

Some of the major causes of hair loss in a individual like you, include -

1. Lack of vitamins (specially vitamin B6 and folic acid) in diet
2. Inadequate nutrition and improper diet
3. Stress, worry, anxiety, and sudden shock
4. Heredity factors
5. Unclean condition of the scalp and
6. Poor blood circulation.

Some tips for having a good hair :-

1. If you eat a healthy diet, you will grow stronger and healthier cells including good hair.

2. If you were born with fine, thin hair, you cannot grow thick hair, as it is genetically predetermined -- no matter what you eat -- but a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of growth-promoting protein and iron can make a difference in the existing hair.

3. Some healthy foods that contain nutrients like vitamin E, essential Omega fatty acids, high protein content and vitamin B 12 and Iron - include seafoods like salmon, Chicken and turkey, Oysters, Eggs, Low-fat dairy products like skim milk and yogurt, Ground Flaxseed, Dark green leafy vegetables, Carrots, beans and legumes (kidney beans, lentils, etc), Nuts (walnuts, cashews, pecas, and almonds), Whole grain products (bread, fortified cereals, etc).

With respect to dandruff, Mild cases of dandruff may need nothing more than daily shampooing with a gentle cleanser. You can also use shampoos containing Zinc pyrithione (eg. Head & Shoulders), Coal Tar (eg. Neutrogena T/Gel), salicylic acid and Selenium sulfide.

More stubborn cases of dandruff often respond to medicated shampoos containing Ketoconazole (such as Nizoral)

Try using one of these shampoos daily or every other day until your dandruff is controlled; then cut back to two or three times a week, as needed. If one type of shampoo works for a time and then seems to lose its effectiveness, try alternating between two types of dandruff shampoos. Be sure to massage the shampoo into the scalp well and then leave the shampoo on for at least five minutes — this gives the ingredients time to work.

You might consult a hair transplant dermatologist who can examine you and provide you specific advice and treatment to the underlying condition which might help you.

for more info you can visit haircareclinic.in/

if you are facing huge hair problems then you should do these things Here are some simple measures which can help to control hair fall to a good extent.

Feed your hair: Have a good balanced diet.
Give hair their building blocks: Have a protein-rich diet.
Hydrate your hair: Have enough water.
Pamper your hair: Massage your Scalp with Essential Oils.

I'm 34 and my hairline has been thinning the last few years especially if since I started cycling. I don't have the discipline to keep up with applying Rogaine everyday so I found a shampoo on Amazon called Bioken "thick and full biotin shampoo" which contains Rogaine and a bunch of other hair thickening minerals like biotin and saw palmetto. I leave it on for 5-7 mins while showering and it has worked quite well in slowing hairloss and thickening my hairline. They also have a conditioner which I plan to use as well. I also use Nizoral shampoo a couple days per week.

Back