I can't believe Paul Demayo died from a drug overdose...

G

GTC

I was searching for photos of him to post in the "over-rated and under-rated bodybuilders" thread and learned that he passed away in 2005.
It's sad, what a fuckin waste. I thought he had one of the most aesthetically pleasing physiques in bodybuilding, huge quads and unbelievable calves.
How could someone go from being a successful bodybuilder who takes extremely good care of themselves end up taking that poison and throw their life down the toilet? Very sad.

This is his contest history I copied from some site-

"Paul's Contest History includes the 1988 NPC Junior USA HeavyWeight 7th; 1989 NPC Junior Nationals HeavyWeight 4th; 1990 NPC Junior Nationals HeavyWeight 3rd; 1991 NPC Junior Nationals Heavyweight 1st & Overall Winner; 1991 NPC HeavyWeight 3rd; 1992 NPC Nationals HeavyWeight 4th; 1993 NPC USA Championships HeavyWeight 3rd; 1994 NPC Nationals Heavyweight 1st & Overall Winner; 1994 IFBB Mr. Olympia 12th; 1995 IFBB Grand Prix England 10th; 1995 IFBB Grand Prix Germany 9th; 1995 Grand Prix Spain 9th "

Last edited:
I think it can't be helped for this type of athlete to be at this level without drog ... unfortunately :crying:

well, if you go for the big muscles and are ready to take in what it takes to be on the top, you should be aware of the risks. i stopped admiring these heman-creatures quite a while ago, since i appreciate bodybuilding more as a healthy lifestyle...

You never know the pains someone might be dealing with at any given time. R.I.P., for a large brother-from-another-mother!!!! Damn-Shame!!!

yet no one knew about it now thats sad BBing is come and go and folks forget you the only person we and society will never forgot who came from BBing is probably arnold.

Yeah, I met him once at Chicago O'Hare and he was just as charming to chat to as he came across in interviews!

Lovely guy, very down to Earth who just so happened to have this incredible physique! (I was sat next to him on the flight and he didn't just look huge, he was huge! And he was almost apologetic about that too!)

Would never have known!

You should really look into what happened before come to this conclusion.

He died because of depression.

He started taking drugs because his life went bad, His wife left him, and like a lot of regular people (being a bodybuilder doesn't make you non-human) it got the best of him.

Some who know him said it was suicidal.

well, if you go for the big muscles and are ready to take in what it takes to be on the top, you should be aware of the risks. i stopped admiring these heman-creatures quite a while ago, since i appreciate bodybuilding more as a healthy lifestyle...

Thank U, It's sad how ignorant so many people especially those 'in the bb world' can think everything is tied to steroids. They forget bodybuilders are human too

They arent talking about him using steroids there talking about his heroin overdose...

Bodybuilder Paul De Mayo Tribute (1967-2005)

People have inner demons they fight all the time. I'm just blessed that I had/have the right people in my life to help me get out of dark times.

For people to automatically assume it's steroids or something is idiotic

I have an uncle who back in the late 80's got hooked on drugs and he is still struggling with it. We can't believe that he is still alive. But he had issues from childhood that went into his work career & family, wife left him had a lot of loss in his life and he just can't seem to let go. It happens to people all the time, some get thru others don't.

Pauls family had a tribute site up for him for a about a year or 2 (could still be out there)

Shit thats news to me

Back