In a pickle what should I do

300winmag

Been on TRT now for 3 years or so. Was 29 when started at that time my total was in the 170 range give or take. No tumor on the pituitary, no variocele. Problem is I don't know if I am primary or secondary hypogonadism, as I wanted tested for LH or FSH tell I had been on T for while.

My protocol is 100mg every 6 days, which puts my total T in the 600 range. Which I feel pretty good with that. I have the ability to go up to 200mg e6d if I wished and have experimented with doing 120 and 150mg e6d for a month or two at a time, and really haven't noticed a difference, I don't know what my T count was as I get blood tested once a year and during that blood test I don't want it sky rocket and get yanked.

I go the VA for this and they are pretty good. Doc is a URO and seems knowledgeable. He's not open to writing scripts left and right, but is open to doing something's. He did give me HCG when my sperm count was low to get the wife pregnant and that worked. And did offer clomid instead.

My pickle is this, after 3 years of T to be frank Im just tired of having keep all the junk around and inject weekly. Like I said over all I do feel pretty good, but there are times where I do feel up and down and don't know why. And I also have a feeling because of T im hanging onto more weight than I desire.

I know my doctor will give me clomid, but my fear is success rate. And the fact if clomid brings my t level say 350 the doc will say your above range, you don't need but I feel like crap.

Now my other option is which was an option when trying to get wife pregnant. Would be to tell him im trying to get wife pregnant again, which he will then take me off of T and go on clomid which I think he said for 60 days minimum cant remember the max that he said. I think this might be the best option as it will give me an opportunity to go try the clomid and if its works, good bye T. If not hes not going to test my T and I can go back on it.

Thoughts

whats a standard protocol for clomid.

Odds are that your HPTA is not recovering after 3 years on TRT. Sorry to burst your bubble. You can try, but probably won't work.

If you are tired of pinning -- I get it as I am too -- you coukd try AI Monotherapy or Gels. Most guys prefer injections, but gels do work for many.

Are you managing your estradiol on your current TRT protocol? What is your E2 coming in at?

Ive tried Gels at the beginning and they actually put my numbers below pre trt therapy into the 70s and felt terrible even after upping the dosage twice.

My total test is always in the 550-600 range, with total E being solid at 48-52 every time. I have no signs of gyno. I have asked the doc to go low dose of AI, but his theory is to maintain a 10 to 1 ratio of T to E, which Im at. Not sure if we go mono.

Just getting thoughts.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel here as in general I am doing good, but just tired of pinning.

I could go with HCG again and shut off taking T. last time he had me doing 250IUs every other day or e3d cant remember.

You still have to pin hCG.

Understand. But I have read that has been useful in restarts. and those pins are nothing. Or would HCG have to be used for monotherapy. Couldn't be a short time use? Which would suck as HCG cost me 80-100 a month or so, and T is free.

Understand. But I have read that has been useful in restarts. and those pins are nothing. Or would HCG have to be used for monotherapy. Couldn't be a short time use? Which would suck as HCG cost me 80-100 a month or so, and T is free.

Ever notice how we tend to forget the bad, and reminisce about the good? I'm fortunate (I guess?) in that my life changed so drastically with TRT, that I will keep injecting with a smile on my face until the day I die. Sure, it's inconvenient at times, but I just have to spend 30 seconds thinking about life before.

If HCG is no big deal, just pin your test E3.5D with slin pins subcutaneously. Lots of guys do this, and it's a great alternative if IM starts to wear on you.

My .02c :)

Oh, and if HCG raised your test while off testosterone, you're secondary.

Ever notice how we tend to forget the bad, and reminisce about the good? I'm fortunate (I guess?) in that my life changed so drastically with TRT, that I will keep injecting with a smile on my face until the day I die. Sure, it's inconvenient at times, but I just have to spend 30 seconds thinking about life before.

If HCG is no big deal, just pin your test E3.5D with slin pins subcutaneously. Lots of guys do this, and it's a great alternative if IM starts to wear on you.

Nailed it. ^^^^^^^

Idk if my t rose while on hcg as I was still on t. But I hear you. My point is if I can do a restart and feel great and walk away from taking any meds that would be my goal. Not taking meds and feeling great is better than taking meds and feeling great.

Idk if my t rose while on hcg as I was still on t. But I hear you. My point is if I can do a restart and feel great and walk away from taking any meds that would be my goal. Not taking meds and feeling great is better than taking meds and feeling great.

Ahhh, I thought you had come off for the attempts to get your wife pregnant. I wholeheartedly agree that if it's possible to recover it's totally worth it.

I respect the boundaries of the TRT forum, so I won't delve too deeply into other means of acquiring SERMs, but I can't say I'd try to get the VA involved if it's not only out of pocket, but expensive compared to other means well within your grasp.

If you want to know, once and for all - I would stop all injects, and start the clomid and nolva (both are best) in 2-3 weeks and run them for at least 4 weeks. Buy a test from privatemdlabs.com, and confirm.

i would actually run a hcg blast before doing the clomid and nolva personally..

nothing crazy.. 500iu eod for 2-3 weeks

Sperm count was low and had the option of getting off t and going clomid or staying on t and doing hcg. My thought at the time was hcg because like many others I didn't want to come off of t and have issues as it took over year to get the right doc and the right program going.

Like you said at this point I don't think I have much to lose. I can get clomid for fertility issues and try it. I feel great done deal. If not I can go back on t and continue on

I'd blast alot of hcg before you start an aggressive restart seeing that you've been on trt or 3 years

I use the exact same syringe for hcg as I do my subq T shots. 31g, 5/16" with a .3cc barrel. Make it easy on yourself!

Back